Back left 2f43f253cf82f12a36d1f519b3672143798f55731787ab30a5ff23d1b75b4811
Back right eb032ac36c88e9da99b231a2366bd9dc4a2dc908b7b826bd3fb939bd94a1baa3
Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
October 2010
Posts: 1039

need help on science but dont know who is good at it. Well ur question is answered. im the one who can help u. I got all a plus on my grades. so dont be worried to ask me. i got lots of questions for me when i was 7. Im still good at it. just ask me. love ya smile

Visit my post, If your a new user, post here and i will add you!


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
March 2011
Posts: 949

So... The maximum kinetic energy of photoelectrons ejected from a tungsten surface by monochromatic light of wavelength 248nm was fround to be 8.6*10^-20. Find the work function of tungsten? Planck constant = 6.6*10^-34 Js Speed of light = 300,000,000ms-1 Electronic charge = -1.6*10^-19 C Its Physics...


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
October 2010
Posts: 391

dont you think thats a bit difficult to work out?

Big Grin HELLO ALL YOU KW USERS! Big Grin
Peace & Justice Cool


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
March 2011
Posts: 949

"iluvmrmen" wrote:

dont you think thats a bit difficult to work out?
Its only AS level. It isn't crazy university Physics. it was posted mainly as a joke due to the claim of being an "expert in science"...


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
February 2011
Posts: 257

i need help with atoms


Follow the creed


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
March 2011
Posts: 949

What part about them?


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
February 2011
Posts: 5

"Mahatama" wrote:

So... The maximum kinetic energy of photoelectrons ejected from a tungsten surface by monochromatic light of wavelength 248nm was fround to be 8.6*10^-20. Find the work function of tungsten? Planck constant = 6.6*10^-34 Js Speed of light = 300,000,000ms-1 Electronic charge = -1.6*10^-19 C Its Physics...
E= φ - KE ∴ φ= KE + E c= λf ∴ f= c/λ E=hf ∴ E = h * c/λ E= KE + h * c/λ Substituting values for 〖KE〗_e = 8.6*10^-20 J, c = 3.00 * 10 ^ 8 m/s, h = 6.63 * 10 ^ -34 J∙s, and λ = 2.48 * 10 ^ 7 m, you should get the result of 8.9 * 10 ^ -19 J, or 5.6 eV, a 24.4% error from the established work function of tungsten, 4.5 eV.


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
May 2010
Posts: 7149

"Eddward28" wrote:

"Mahatama" wrote:

So... The maximum kinetic energy of photoelectrons ejected from a tungsten surface by monochromatic light of wavelength 248nm was fround to be 8.6*10^-20. Find the work function of tungsten? Planck constant = 6.6*10^-34 Js Speed of light = 300,000,000ms-1 Electronic charge = -1.6*10^-19 C Its Physics...
E= φ - KE ∴ φ= KE + E c= λf ∴ f= c/λ E=hf ∴ E = h * c/λ E= KE + h * c/λ Substituting values for 〖KE〗_e = 8.6*10^-20 J, c = 3.00 * 10 ^ 8 m/s, h = 6.63 * 10 ^ -34 J∙s, and λ = 2.48 * 10 ^ 7 m, you should get the result of 8.9 * 10 ^ -19 J, or 5.6 eV, a 24.4% error from the established work function of tungsten, 4.5 eV.
Wow. Considering you're only 12 you're very smart.

If you read this you lose the game.


News Feed

To view full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

- 2017-11-17 13:02:36 -0800

- 2017-11-17 11:40:44 -0800

- 2017-11-17 10:53:22 -0800

- 2017-11-17 10:50:53 -0800

- 2017-11-17 10:45:24 -0800

- 2017-11-17 09:42:52 -0800

- 2017-11-17 09:39:59 -0800

Hedgehogs in Pets posted by MinionLuver

- 2017-11-17 06:36:01 -0800

- 2017-11-17 05:38:26 -0800

- 2017-11-17 05:33:29 -0800

- 2017-11-14 15:52:15 -0800

- 2017-11-14 20:02:55 -0800

- 2017-11-14 21:02:23 -0800

- 2017-11-15 06:08:14 -0800

- 2017-11-14 16:56:37 -0800

- 2017-11-14 18:28:21 -0800

- 2017-11-16 07:36:58 -0800

- 2017-11-14 15:20:14 -0800

- 2017-11-16 04:33:48 -0800

- 2017-11-14 15:11:53 -0800

- 2017-11-17 13:02:36 -0800

- 2017-11-14 20:48:33 -0800

- 2017-11-14 20:19:10 -0800

- 2017-11-14 20:17:20 -0800

- 2017-11-14 20:07:45 -0800

- 2017-11-14 18:07:03 -0800

- 2017-11-14 16:59:17 -0800

- 2017-11-14 16:55:14 -0800

- 2017-11-14 15:11:53 -0800

- 2017-11-14 08:23:35 -0800

- 2017-11-17 10:53:22 -0800

- 2017-11-17 09:39:59 -0800

- 2017-11-17 05:32:02 -0800

- 2017-11-16 21:02:28 -0800

- 2017-11-16 19:29:22 -0800

- 2017-11-16 17:58:21 -0800

- 2017-11-16 15:14:04 -0800

- 2017-11-16 12:41:13 -0800

- 2017-11-16 12:40:35 -0800

- 2017-11-16 12:38:43 -0800