x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends
Kidzworld Logo

Kidzworld Help

Posted By:
Nixxa_1905436 Lock
Nixxa_1905436

Star
Posted almost 5 years ago
Hi smile, I was wondering if anyone knew the differences between covalent bonds, ionic bonds, and polar covalent bonds. I kind of got the idea that a compound is ionic if the sharing is (10-90) above or equal to 1.5, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing that determines the bond. Here's one of my homework problems: Which of the following have ionic bonds? a. Hg b. NaF c. SO d. LiBr Atm, I'm thinking the answers are B & D, but I'm still not to sure, all help is appreciated! Big Grin

if u need a friend im right here,if u need someone to love im next to you, if you need a hero look to jesus.

Posted By:
Jolly-Rancher206
Jolly-Rancher206

StarStarStarStarStar
Posted almost 5 years ago
Let me help smile Iconic bond-bond in which one or more electrons from one atom are removed and attached to another atom, resulting in positive and negative ions which attract each other. Covelant bond- one or more pairs of electrons are shared by two atoms Polar Covelant bond- a tpye of covelant bond. It's a bond between two non-metals with different electronegatives. The higher the difference in electronegativity, the more polar the bond is. The answer is B

Latest Forum Posts

What Ahloan Formes do you Wish to see in P...

Type The First Word That You Think Of!

last one to say 'summer" wins!

Latest Videos

Play Online Games