Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Homework Help
Need help with math, geography, science or any other school work? Post your questions here! Or maybe you are an expert. Share you knowledge here.

Salem witch trials -moved

Posted By:
bellalana
bellalana
Star
Does anybody know about the Salem witch trials during colonial times?    Well, I'm doing a report on it that I would like to try out on you. In the late sixteen hundreds, Puritan colonists had a strong faith in God and a fear of the devil. When things went wrong, the devil was often blamed. In January 1692, two girls in Salem Village became strangely ill. Their names were Betty Parris and Abigail Williams. They were the daughter and niece of Elizabeth Parris and Reverend Samuel Parris, the minister of Salem Village. After several weeks passed, Betty and Abigail's illness got worse. The doctor came to inspect their illness, and as usual, blamed the devil for causing these sicknesses. Puritans believed that "witches" could use the devil's power to harm other people. Almost fourteen people had been killed for witchcraft in New England already. Ministers such as Cotton Mather warned people that witchcraft might be taking place in Salem Village. By the end of the month, two more girls caught on the illness. They blamed women named Sara Good, Sara Osborne, and Tituba. They believed that all these "witches" had made a contract with the devil. After questioning all the women, they all went to jail. This went on for a year, as the same thing happened to 100 women and fourteen men.  My report version will be much longer, but please tell me if you liked the short version, and tell me what you learned.

Posted By:
MtDew75
MtDew75
StarStarStarStar
It's not a bad report. Some details need fleshing out but you did say the actual report was longer.

It's ok that you disagree with me, I can't force you to be right.

*********Sigh, humans are interesting bugs**********

If you're going to come here and troll, please have the common courtesy to have even a little information at your disposal. It's rude to troll when ignorant.

Am I really here if no one notices me?

Posted By:
bellalana
bellalana
Star
Humans sure are interesting bugs! I'm going to add more information in the real report, and I'm going to learn more information over time by getting more books on the Salem witch trials. The report is due by late March, so I still have some time.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Stop bullying

Stop bullying

Stop bullying

Stop bullying

Stop bullying

Stop bullying

latest videos