Back left
Back right

solving algebraic expressions

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

i encountered this problem  on my math ws 13 = n/5  i gotta figure out the n it confused me. help? 

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Vonza" wrote:

i encountered this problem  on my math ws 13 = n/5  i gotta figure out the n it confused me. help? 
Okay. You want to get n alone by moving the 5 over to the left side, with the 13.  With n/5, you need to multiply 5 to 13. 5 * 13 = 65. 65 = n You can check by plugging in the value you got for n into the original problem, like this: 13 = 65/5 65/5 = 13 13=13, so it's correct. If the problem were 13=n-5, you would add 5 to 13 and get n=18. You have to perform the opposite function to get n alone (Subtraction like above means you have to add, division means you have to multiply, etc) Try to never have negative variables (n) as well. Hope that's clear.

I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations — one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it — you will regret both. -Søren Kierkegaard

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity