Kw-logo-holiday

Music

Metal
Love music with massive sound? From grunge and hardcore punk to heavy metal, chat about the best music, artists and trends,

How does a band actually save lifes?

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
When people say "this band saves lives", what does that actually mean?

g2

I sell propane and propane accessories

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I'd like to know too. Because as far as I know, a band can't literally swoop in and stop you from dying.

Merry Christmas
Signature
I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
WithTheWildThings
WithTheWildThings
StarStarStar
They don't physically save your life themselves.
It's more like when you're going through hard times, you find a band that you can really connect to their lyrics, and knowing that you're not alone in your struggles gives you the strength to keep going. The band members are living proof that you can actually make it. Also, the music itself can be an escape.

"I'm just a
Would've been
Could've been
Should've been
Never was
And never ever will be."

~And The Snakes Start To Sing by Bring Me The Horizon

Posted By:
medussa1
medussa1
StarStarStarStar

"WithTheWildThings" wrote:

They don't physically save your life themselves.

It's more like when you're going through hard times, you find a band that you can really connect to their lyrics, and knowing that you're not alone in your struggles gives you the strength to keep going. The band members are living proof that you can actually make it. Also, the music itself can be an escape.

This ^^

Smile Nose

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
StarStarStarStarStar
When a band "saves someone's life" it usually means that when that person is thinking about killing themselves, they listen to the music and the lyrics and if they can relate to it, it makes them feel better because it feels like someone understands what they're going through, and they decide they have a reason to live.

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted By:
rachaell_christinee
rachaell_christinee
StarStar
What people mean when they say that is that the band's music spoke to them. Kept them going. it shut them out from all the drama in their life.

~rachael.christine.q.

Posted By:
-Voodoo-
-Voodoo-
Star
It could mean a lot of things.....

Let's use my personal story for an example.  I'm a huge fan of the band My Chemical Romance. They have a lot of great songs from their Bullets album to their last album of Danger Days and Conventional Weapons.  They have beautiful, motivational songs like Desert Song, Heaven Help Us, The End, The Kids From Yesterday, etc. They're inspirational. They set you in a mood where you feel somewhat invincible. You feel like nothing can destroy you. (Bulletproof Heart sorta fits that vibe too.) Then you have the more depressed songs.. Cancer, The Light Behind Your Eyes, Demolition Lovers, Disenchanted, I Don't Love You, Cemetery Drive etc etc. They're sadder. Most people who say that a band "saved their life" could be referring to a time in their life of loneliness. A point where they were falling apart. Everything good in their life was going wrong and everything wrong was getting worse. The clouds were covering the sunshine, so to speak and they felt depressed and weak.. and broken. They say that a band saved their life because the music moved them. They could relate to the music. The lyrics, more specifically. I used MCR because most of their lyrics are so perfectly fabricated in the most understandable manner, you feel the emotions Gerard feels as he sings the song. Whether it's a happy song, a sad song, a depressing song, an angry-vibed song.. He's talented. He has a beautiful, unique voice and a definite talent in writing lyrics..

My mother died recently. Then my grandfather. Then my aunt. Anyone who's lost a very close member of the family, or even a friend, knows how much it hurts. I was aching inside. I lost so many people so dear to me so quickly. To quickly. I'd come home from a rough day at school, being pushed around and made fun of, to sit in the corner of my room just listening to MCR on repeat. Over and Over. All of their songs. All the happy ones to try to lighten my mood. All the darker ones I could relate too. I'd sit there and sing with all of me. I tried to shine my emotions through the songs. It made me feel a lot better. I still have moments like that today. Whenever I'm depressed or upset about something, they're the first band I listen to. It's sort of became an involuntary reaction now. Someone says something mean to me I just pull out my iPod or iPhone and blast away. They really did save my life. I contemplated suicide so many times it wasn't funny. I got sent to therapist after therapist and nothing happened. At first I thought it was me. Like, something was wrong with me. But after a while I realized it was stress from everything going on, and I had to find some way to cope. I took anti-depressants but the side effects were horrid, and they didn't help much. I listened to music and my mood dramatically changed. It made me feel accepted. It made me feel like someone out there understood. So I got interested in all the fandoms and sites online about the band, I got into more bands like them, I finally had enough sources I could finally say that I wasn't as sad as I used to be. It's really helpful. I mean, it was/is for me. Bands really can save someone's life. It's not just a stupid metaphor or something a fangirl says when she really wants attention. It's totally true. ~

Tonight - Will It Ever Come?
I'll Spend The Rest Of My Days Rocking Out Just For The Dead.
Tonight - Will It Ever Come?
I Can See You Awake Anytime In My Head. ~

Modeling. ~

Posted By:
Desserea
Desserea
Star
Music can be a powerful thing. Especially songs with deep meanings behind them. For example: Flyleaf. Lacey Sturm's music has a specific purpose behind it. If something has lyrics that give hope in tough times, then that increases the meaning.

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Its a never ending game!

Ur Fave Vocaloid And Ur Fave Vocaloid Song

Eyebrows

Eyebrows

Hello i'm jake :)

Thinking Which Cartoon Character Are You? ...

latest videos