Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Nutcase_Bookworm
Nutcase_Bookworm
StarStarStarStar
Hey! I've wanted to be an author for a while, and now I'm doing it! I'm writing my own book! If you want, I'll copy and paste my progress on here. It's not done yet though, not by far.

Sig Pic WoT

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar
Good for you for taking the initiative!

Go ahead and post it if you want, I'll read it. Just make sure it's formatted correctly for the site!

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
aszahrah mb
aszahrah mb
StarStarStarStarStar
cool. Go post it but i suggest you posted it on Poem and Stories board C:

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Castlevania_boy_1275190 Lock
Castlevania_boy_1275190
StarStarStarStar
you are the author of your own life

hi!
Relax
Take it easy tear us apart
Dam! :3

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Nutcase_Bookworm
Nutcase_Bookworm
StarStarStarStar
Prolugue

She opened her eyes slightly. She ###### in a painful, gringy breath. The sky was overcast and grey, as it always was here. She tried to get up, but she had moved so much when the water threw her against the walls of the canyon, it seemed that she had moved all that The Creator had permitted her for the rest of her life. Wispy peices of snow fell, like bits of a chick's down falling from the heavens. Her coffee colored hair and eyes the color of spoiled milk on glass proved her to be the last Vrilsskaryard. She had watched the only other of her people be slaughtered two years before. When she died, her blood would be extinct. She had mourned at first, but she had really accepted the fate of Vrilsskar long ago. Suddenly, she was pulled from her thoughts of her people when a... blackness... suddenly fell across the canyon. It was not a visible thing, but she felt it. She tried again to move, but it felt as if her muscles had turned to pudding, her bones to licorice. The darkness was coming, somehow closer, as if descending on her - on any living thing in the canyon - like a hawk on an injured rabbit. She tried to cry out, but her vocal coards had turned to jelly. And then it appeared, a giant shadow. Its eyes did not just bore through her, it seemed to bore through the earth, through the fabric of the universe. Its eyes were more than blackness, it blacker than black, darker than dark. She felt as if her eyes were being ###### into its eyes. She could not move, could not scream. Screaming was frivolous, as she was the only living thing in the canyon. "So this is my end?" she thought. "My death will be to this vileness with no name, Vrilsskar's death will be to this vileness with no name. And there is nothing I can do to fight it. What a shame." She was ashamed that her people would perish and she could do nothing to preserve the last Vrilsskaryard. "Oh, well, so be it."
The last person of Vrilsskar, the last one weilding the power of The Vision. She did the only thing she had the strengthe to do. She closed her eyes, and waited for it to come...

Chapter 1

The ticking of the clock pulled Rorrn out of his sleep like a stone out of a pool. He didn't want to open his eyes yet; he still wanted to preserve the last trace of sleep, at least for a minute. But he couldn't help being awake. The sleep was gone.
And there were things that needed to be done.
Rorrn opened his liquid sea green eyes and climed off of his cot - or more like out of it. Whenever he lay in it he felt like he would fall to the floor. He walked over to the shard of mirror on the opposite wall of his puny excuse for an excuse of a room. He picked up his brush and set about brushing his sandy mop of hair. As he groomed himself, Rorrn looked around his little place. He knew he had disappionted his parents, but he wished they could at least be a little more kind to their son. They had made it very clear to their children as they were groing up that they were expected to grow up and be older than eight. They had booted him out as soon as he was sixteen - the legal age of adulthood in Aaldreah. He had then wandered around Aaldreah as a street urchin in poverty for a few years. Then he came crawling back to his parents, the same ones that had threw him out practically before he could tell someone where his kiester was, for a place to stay. They were displeased, but he begged enough and they let him stay for a few weeks. Then they gave him yet again their favorite: da boot. So he was a begger for about another five years. Well, he just couldn't get on top of the aligator that his parents had dumped on him (after tying a giant steak around his neck, no less), and came back to his parents. So, they shoved him in this wedge of existence that a closet would call cramped and told him they would give him a place sheilded from the elements to sleep but he had to take care of his own "Worthless self". While he was being helpless and cold and hungry for the second time, the PowerGuard took him under their wing.
But this was not the wing of a Buff Orpington, but the wing of a condor.
Well, here he was today, still living with his parents on the cusp of his twenty-ninth year and getting up to go tend his duty of defending and moderating mana.
He set down the brush and hurridly scrubbed his teeth and dressed. Rorrn headed out the door and quickly walked to the Sooty Talon, an unkept, lowly bar filled with social rejects, depressed peasants, and beggars who found a lost coin lying on the side of the road. He arrived at the somewhat small grubby stone building with the sign proclaiming 'The Sooty Talon' showing a hen with grungy plumage and soot on one foot. She had her beak open in an expression that poultry get when they're startled, and appeared to be trying to kick of the soot. The access to the secret orginization known as the PowerGuard was only one of many in the city. He chose this one for multiple reasons: one that he was a regular here and it would be much less suspicious, second becaus this was where he had first discovered the PowerGuard and he just felt better coming in through the Sooty Talon.
He slipped in to a table near the back, and waited. When the perfect time came, he slithered into a shadowed corner and into a secret room which led to the secret passage to one of the PowerGuard's base in the city. There were more in Aaldreah, and several others around the world. They had many ways of comunication, though they rarely used such means as letters. The PowerGuard had their own way of exchanging messages.
Once in his secret underground office, Rorrn set to seeing the captain, as he had sent for him.
Rorrn looked quite youthful for his age, most would have said he was nineteen, twenty at the oldest. With pale green watery eyes and light carmel colored hair, he thought himself quite pretty, and tended to spend his free time gazing at his wonderous self. Even though he had important business to do, he couldn't help glancing at himself in the mirror as he walked through the corridor to the captain's study. It was not his private study, as only the captain was allowed there under any circumstances, but the study he used to personally breif certain individuals under his command on missions and assignments.
He walked in and sit down. "Hello, Rorrn."
"Hello, Captain. I suppose you didn't summon me for idle chat?"
"No. I called you in, with few other individuals singled out for this extreme honor, for a supremely special mission."
Rorrn was starting to get a perplexed and a little agitated. Captain did not normally drag things on like this. "What?"
"First, you must vow on the flesh of your guts to secressy."
Rorrn's eyes opened wide. The PowerGuard took all oaths very seriously. Rorrn was not especially eager to put his guts into the mix. "I swear it."
Captain steepled his narrow fingers and paused for what seemed eons. He finally spoke.
"Once, many centuries ago, there were eight - The Vision, the power to see what no one else could, to look into phenomena no one could perceive. The Voice, the power to speak to those who could not be spoken to, to enchant the ears until sense shattered. The Feel, the power to feel things before they happen, to feel things worlds away. The Weave, the power to sew enchanted fabric, to manipulate stitches to do things no cloth ever did. The Death, the power to kill instantly, to manipulate the passing and shred souls. The Strike, the power of amazing strength, of defeating foes that could never be defeated. The Flight, the power of running faster than wind can blow, to streak across a fire unscathed. The Script, the power of writing meanings no one scribble, to instantly understand a any symbol deeper than than the symbol itself."
Rorrn was surprised. Captain had called him in to tell him children's stories? But he said nothing. No one interrupted Captain.

Sig Pic WoT

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Nutcase_Bookworm
Nutcase_Bookworm
StarStarStarStar
"Then the last Eye had perished, and the Eight became the Seven. But the Seven were still to be called the Eight, for they were the Eight, and always would be."
Rorrn was quite surprised. Why was the Captain telling him about fictitious myths... ones everyone all over the world of Ardkene knew by heart? Rorrn was highly perplexed.
"Rorrn, I can see your confusion. It's quite evident. An Eye has been born."
For a moment, he thought he had misheard. Then, his second thought was that Captain had lost his mind. "What? How can that be? The Lost Power is just that - lost. No disrespect meant Captain, but how secure is your sanity? It is just not possible for an Eye to be walking Ardkene. It must have been a mistake."
"NO MISTAKE!!" Captain was now roaring. Rorrn was quite taken aback. "The Vision is breathing and living on the world once again... And Rorrn, you have been chosen to hunt the Eye. You must find the Eye. You cannot fail, you or the others assigned this supremely, inconceivably important mission, or you will have more to worry about than your guts."

Sig Pic WoT

I wanna be an author.

Posted By:
Nutcase_Bookworm
Nutcase_Bookworm
StarStarStarStar
you are the author of your own life

(I used the copy and paste)

No, actually, your not. God is.

Sig Pic WoT

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

Name the last thing you ate.

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

How Long Were You On KW Today?