Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

My short story

Posted By:
Collie.Baby Lock
Collie.Baby
Star
A bright light shines through my closed eyelids, I'm awake but still sleepy. I roll over from my side to my back and groan. Today is the day of my first cross country meet since my injury. I'm still apprehensive even though I had six months of physical therapy and worked out with a personal trainer. I know I'm ready for this six mile run but I don't want to get hurt again. My goal is for my team to go to states this year. I get out of bed and pull on my running shoes and a hoodie, nothing like a morning jog to prepare for the meet. I head out to the trail in the woods behind my house, the sun is shinning through the leaves making the woods look like they are sparkleing. This is a good sign, I say to myself as I start my light jog through the oak trees. After my jog I go take a shower and head to the park where the meet is held. My team mates smile as I join them to stretch. My heart is pounding in my chest. My coach blows his whistle as he tells us the line up. I'm paired with Sarah a tiney freshman. Do

"Our eyes met and sparks flew instantly"

My short story

Posted By:
Collie.Baby Lock
Collie.Baby
Star
Does my coach really think that since my injury I can't keep up with a faster runner? I'm so angry,I've worked so hard and now I have to keep pace with a freshman!? Well Ill show everyone my partner and I are going to be the first ones to break through that finish line. Its almost my turn I hop up and down to get my adrenaline pumping,Sarah does the same. the whistle blows and we're off. Sarah struggles to keep pace with my long legs so I slow down a bit. I can feel a dull ache in my knee but pish through it. Sarah and I pass two doubles from the other team, our pace is good but I want to go faster. We run past the three mile mark, half way there. This trail is gorgous, it snakes along side a river. I can't hear the pitter patter of feet anymore and we haven't passed anyone else in awhile.

My short story

Posted By:
Collie.Baby Lock
Collie.Baby
Star
We haven't passed anyone else in awhile. Maybe we are winning! Now I'm in my zone, there is nothing else but me and the trees flying past. Up ahead I can see the red finish line and its unbroken! I'm going to win! I push harder and so does Sarah, we want to win with everything we have got. We break through the plastic line at the same time. Oh my gosh we won! I give Sarah a high five, she did better than I thought she would. I don't even feel out of breath. I stand there with Sarah as our other team mates run through and the other team. My team gives me a big group hug when they find out I won this meet for us. Maybe my injury didn't hurt me but made me stronger,running is more fun than ever! The end

My short story

Posted By:
Sunlite16--
Sunlite16--
StarStarStarStarStar
i like it :P

Awwww

~Claudia

My short story

Posted By:
Collie.Baby Lock
Collie.Baby
Star
Aww thanks your story is good too. i like writting short stoeys because they are easier to qrite. maybe ill try and write chapeters like you some time

My short story

Posted By:
Sunlite16--
Sunlite16--
StarStarStarStarStar
that'd be real cool i'd read it Xd i posted another chapter

Awwww

~Claudia

My short story

Posted By:
hayhay01
hayhay01
Star
your story is truely amazing! one of the best stories ive read!! i was wondering if u would be willing to be my star if the week? i will have to ask a few questions nothing personal   u and ur stories will become known THANK YOU!!!

--------lonley-loser----------

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

ask gurgle the stomach a question don't be...

Random Survey- 30 questions

My review of Five Nights at Freddy's

What band got you into Metal?

Random Survey- 30 questions

What band got you into Metal?

latest videos