Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

The Hunger Shames (Hunger Games Parody)

Posted By:
Maclynn9
Maclynn9
StarStarStarStarStar

When I wake up, the other side of the bed is freezing. My long arms stretch out, seeking Prig’s warmth, but finding only the soft velvet cover of our mattress. I try going back to sleep, but it’s no use. Today is the day of the ripening.

You might be wondering, what is the ripening? Is it the day where all fruits are supposed to ripen? Well, no, actually. The ripening is the day where two children, a male and a female, are chosen to participate in the Hunger Shames. The Hunger Shames is a tournament where children, ages twelve to eighteen, battle to the death. When I go over to my mother’s bed, I see Prig there as well. Prig looks as beautiful as the prig rose she was named for. When she’s sleeping, my mother looks younger. People say she used to be a very nice, kind, beautiful woman once. Now she’s just plain evil.

Lying at the end of the giant bed is the world’s most disgusting cat. Terribly mashed in nose, torn up ears, eyes the color of a rotten banana peel. Prig named her Sunflower, insisting that her terribly muddy snout and nasty eyes were as bright a yellow as the flower’s petals. Sunflower loves me. I hate her. She trusts me too much, considering that I tried drowning her when Prig brought her home. That was years ago, though. This cat must not hold a grudge for long. The cat looked extremely fat, because of the worms it had, although she was a scrawny little thing, and she was covered in fleas. The fleas were even starting to cover Prig. Prig didn’t seem to notice the disgusting little bugs, though, or she just didn’t care. Whatever the reason, the fleas, worms, deceases, all the things wrong with the cat just didn’t seem to affect her decision on keeping the nasty little creature.  That was the last thing I needed. Another mouth to feed. But Prig had started crying, trying to guilt me into letting her keep the cat. I couldn’t stand seeing my sister like that, so I let the cat stay. It’s turned out to be okay, though. Every time there’s a mouse, rat, or some other nasty little creature, Sunflower disposes of them. I won’t go into further detail, though. It’s pretty hideous. The cat has started to clean up its own kill, though, so it spares me from having to clean it up. I’ve stopped trying to drown her.

This is the closest I will ever come to loving that ugly rodent-like animal.

I get my hunting boots out from the closet and slip them on. Soft, supple leather that has molded to my feet.  I put on some jeans, a blouse, braid my waist-length, dark brown greasy hair, and grab my hunting bag.  On the table, under a plastic bowl that has been slightly shifted by weak little Sunflower, lays a perfectly circular, small goat cheese. It’s Prig’s gift to me on ripening day. I roughly slide the cheese into my pocket and head outside.

(Sorry guys, this is all I have so far. Tell me if you want more!)

Posted By:
sandfur121
sandfur121
StarStarStarStarStar
Funny. c;

Posted By:
Amanda10
Amanda10
Star
I think it is really good. I could never write a beautiful story like that. keep going!

Posted By:
Maclynn9
Maclynn9
StarStarStarStarStar
                Our part of District 12, nicknamed the Slime, is usually crawling in gold miners. District 12 is the richest district, even richer than District 0, which is known for, well, having the most idiotic people. They’re even more idiotic than my mother, who, after my father died, married a toaster. My father was a gold miner, and he died in the most tragic way. He was mining one day, and a giant lump of gold squished him. They let us keep the gold, of course, but I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Anyways, I head into the woods, where I’m meeting my best friend, Grale Sawborn. I have to climb the fence, which is supposed to have a shark tank underneath it, to keep people out, but all the sharks died, and the Fleecekeepers are too lazy to get new ones.
                I climb over the fence and retrieve my bazooka and stun ray. There are many things in the woods, like rabid rabbits, snakes with bad attitudes, and annoying teenagers with too much time on their hands. Even though trespassing in the woods is illegal, it’s better than getting hungry and becoming skinny, because all skinny people get hung immediately. But there are some exceptions. You can only be skinny if you are extremely handsome. Grale is one of the few people who are fortunate enough to be born with good looks. In the Slime, another thing that is illegal is make up. Plastic surgery is also illegal.

(I'd love to do more, but I have a buttload of homework. Sorry!)

Posted By:
Maclynn9
Maclynn9
StarStarStarStarStar
Derp.

Posted By:
E3Girly
E3Girly
StarStarStar
It is good but there are a few flaws. 

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, the more you forget, the more you forget,the less you know, so why learn?

The ones who don't matter mind, and the ones who matter don't mind -Doctor Suess

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

How do you post?

Lego movie

What's everyone doing for halloween?

Does anyone have any favorite books?

Does everyone's opinion truly matter?

Does everyone's opinion truly matter?

latest videos