Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

School on Christmas?!

Posted By:
Owlgirl
Owlgirl
StarStarStarStar
I wrote this like a year ago so it's not really that great.

Today had been a bad day. A very bad day. First of all, Connor Jenkins stole my lunch money. Second, I lost my favorite lucky pencil that was purple with blue smiley faces all over it. And third...well, the principal, Mr. Wilson had said after morning announcements that there had to be school on Christmas Day due to “Way too many snow days.” This was a total outrage! I thought in horror. Christmas time was supposed to be a time for relaxing, being with your family, and NO SCHOOL.I trudged to my front door and went inside.
“How was school today, Kyra?” My ever cheerful mother chirped.
“Bad”, I snapped.
Then I walked stiffly to my bedroom and slammed the door behind me.
     I spent the rest of the day sitting on my bed thinking about how to stop having school on Christmas Day. Finally,I got an idea. At school the next day I spotted my best friend, Catherine, and hurried over.
“Hey”, I said.
“Hey. What’s up?”, she responded.
“Can you sign my petition? I’m trying to get everyone to sign it so we don’t have to have school on Christmas.”
“Of course!”, she said excitedly, “That is such a great idea!”
She wrote in her wonderful cursive handwriting. I stared in envy. Suddenly the bell rang loudly.
“I’ll help you get more people to sign it at lunchtime!” Catherine said and quickly ran off to her English class. I smiled happily and walked off to my math class.
During lunchtime I sat next to Catherine.
“Lets go have the girls sign the petition first!”, she said.
“Okay”, I said, just anxious to start it.
We hurried over to the other table where the rest of the girls usually sat. First we had Anna sign the petition, then Kylie, then Lucy. As more and more kids from our class signed the paper our hopes rose higher and higher. Finally, all of the kids in our class had signed our petition.
“Hey...if the whole school signed our petition, the principal will HAVE to agree”, I said to Catherine with a twinkle in my eye.
“Oh.My.Gosh”, Catherine said, her bright blue eyes widening in excitement.

Soon every single kid in the lunchroom had signed our petition and we headed to the Principal's office.
“What is it?”, Mr. Wilson said gruffly when we arrived.
“We have a petition for no school on Christmas. PLEASE make sure we don’t have to come to school on Christmas!”, I said a little bit hysterically.
”Hmm... I’ll talk about it with the teachers. I’ll let you know when we have decided.”
A few days later I got a phone call from Mr. Wilson. There was to be no school on Christmas Day!

"Everyone makes mistakes. That's why pencils have erasers."
"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car can go straight upwards."~ A British Astronomer

School on Christmas?!

Posted By:
Pplperson Lock
Pplperson
StarStarStarStar
pretty cool

Don't follow your dreams; Chase them

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Type in the face you have on right now

Type in the face you have on right now

The impossible quiz

One word

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

One word

latest videos