Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Serenity

Posted By:
angeltwist
angeltwist
StarStarStarStar

Hello, Im angeltwist and I have just started to write a story called Serenity. It is basically about a girl at court who falls in love with a King.

I have decided to share it with you guys because you have given me such a good feeling about my writing and if you have read what is there of it, thank you for reading Eternal.

Anyway, I am wasting time. Here is my new story, Serenity.

Chapter 1

I am not a bad person, but if my family are involved, I will do anything to save them.

I am a De Montefiore. Of pure, royal blood. All of my family wait on the young royals, King Francis and Queen Mary. My father is an advisor to the King and my mother and I are ladies in waiting to the Queen. She is an amazing woman, so poised and gentle and I am one of her favourites. We sit and sew, I read the bible to her, I am her favourite confidante. I am not a very well educated woman but I am admired for my quick-wittedness and sharp tongue. I have only been at court for a few weeks but I am fitting in and I am now a very good friend to the Lady Elizabeth Carpenter.

The Carpenter family are truly beautiful! Elizabeth has dark curls that fall down her shoulders and quick violet eyes that are full of warmth and kindness. Her sister Margaret however is quite the opposite to her sister’s dark looks. She is as fair as the sun and has deep green eyes. Out of the two, Margaret admittedly covers up more but that does not mar her beauty. Their mother and father are, like their daughters, a stark contrast of dark and light. They move so gracefully, it was like they were walking on water and none of them show any sign of putting on weight.

I am an only child and my father doesn’t care for me much, he cares only for his papers and Mother is so devout she spends a lot of the day in prayer. I hardly see either of them, and whilst they are planning my marriage, I am free to do what I please.

When I went to matins, I felt someone’s gaze on me. I turned my head slightly and saw King Francis staring at me. I nodded my head in respect then bent over my rosary to continue my prayers. I looked at Elizabeth who was seated next to me and she had her eyes closed but she wasn’t actually taking in what was happening. She seemed far away, distant. I sat through the whole of the ceremony without feeling the self-consciousness I felt whilst the ruler of the kingdom was watching my every move.

When we left the large Chapel Royal I saw a silk doublet in front of me. I looked upwards and saw King Francis. Immediately, I sunk into a deep curtsy with my head bowed as not to show my blush. He put his hand under my chin indicating to me to rise. Once I had,  he left his hand there and looked into my blue eyes.

‘Come to dinner with me, Serenity.’ he said.

I curtsied and when I came up again, he was gone, leaving me breathless.

That night, I spent an age pulling through the dresses in my trunks. I couldn’t decide. Eating with the King was a great honour! Elizabeth came into my chambers to find me sitting in a pool of bodices and skirts, flustered. She sat me up and she took charge.

She bought in the bath and had it lined with fine linen. Then she made me wash everything. She pulled the lice-comb through my hair and gave me an ear-scoop to clean my ears. Then she applied a bit of make-up and gave me a skirt of gold damask, peach over skirt and matching bodice and sleeves. I wore high heels and put on my most precious jewels of pearls and a black hood. I was ready.

I went to the Queen’s rooms and she complimented me on my dress. I smiled, feeling torn between my love for her and my fancy for her husband. The dress was for him, not for anyone else. Francis came to Queen Mary’s rooms to take her to dinner and as she graciously accepted his arm, I saw him wink at me. I smiled in return.

When we reached the great banquet hall, he called me up to his table. I walked up to it, head bowed. I curtsied and the king asked whether I would like to be seated with him. I was shocked. This was the biggest honour a courtier could get. I accepted.

It was a long dinner. Masques, entertainers and other amusements were here to honour the King. During the last, he said, walk with me. I bowed my head and as we rose, the court jumped up and bowed or curtsied their respects. He nodded his acknowledgements and led me to the new gardens that he had ordered.

We walked for a while, discussing whatever he desired but when we reached the stone bench near the fountain centre piece, we stopped. It was there that he kissed me.

I pressed my finger to his lips and tried to look innocent though everybody knows that I was far from it. I looked into his brown eyes and saw that he meant that kiss. I walked away, paused and smiled, then sauntered off to my chambers. Feeling the triumph that a woman can experience when she has a man she loves running after her.

Edward: When I walk down the road this is what I see

Bella: Edward, please.

Edward:Everybody stops and stares at me!

Bella: Edward!

Edward: I got sparkly skin and I dont like to show it, show it, show it,

Bella: Think of Renesmee, she doesnt want a father that flaunts himself!

Edward: Im a Cullen and I know it!

Serenity

Posted By:
vanillacupcake454 Lock
vanillacupcake454
StarStarStarStarStar
Bravo

curiousity
OMG. true story time. ok so you know those breath sprays that people use in the movies before someone is about to kiss someone. well i thought it was perfume they used. and i tried it when i was smaller , AND IT TASTED REALLY BAD
-YourArgumentIsInvalid
what a funny dude

Serenity

Posted By:
Pplperson Lock
Pplperson
StarStarStarStar
nice very good

Don't follow your dreams; Chase them

Serenity

Posted By:
angeltwist
angeltwist
StarStarStarStar
Thank you x This was something for the people who read Eternal. It kinda failed...

Serenity

Posted By:
Cassie emily
Cassie emily
Star
Wow, you have a very nice stories and poetry, I like it very much, I guess, I'll be subscribing yours!!
 smile

Cassie Emily

Serenity

Posted By:
angeltwist
angeltwist
StarStarStarStar
Thank you xxx

Serenity

Posted By:
IlluminateItEllieex Lock
IlluminateItEllieex
StarStarStarStar
You know what your doing girl! This is awesome! Very well written c;

i CANNOT OK

My name is Ellie ♥
Jordan is perfect... End of story

Oh and also... Nate is a beautiful human being♥

OMG I CANNOTTT

My best friend made this for me♥

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Who's your favourite Author?

Word Count in Posts

Word Count in Posts

Should Drama on KW Stop For Good?

Who's your favourite Author?

What book are you currently reading?

latest videos