Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

The Quest from the Attic's Secrets

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar
                            Chapter 1

Having your mom’s job take you everywhere means taking you to big cities and little cities. But, I haven’t moved to a town as small as Rose Oak.
          My mom said that this will be the last time we move, but don’t count on it. It’s moving day once again. We have just arrived and are waiting for the huge moving truck to get to the new house.
          The new house that I live in is so old that the floors are made out of wood that creek every time you take a step. The walls are wallpapered with ugly patterns that don’t make the home feel pretty. The house is probably so sad that it is not as pretty as the other houses on the street.
         As I step into my new “old” room, the floors creek as always under my sneakers. This room feels dark even though the windows have bright light shining through the windows.
         How can I possibly get used to an old house? All I ever lived in was modern houses. I don’t think I, Kennedy Dalliston, could get used to this.
          I hear the familiar sound of a moving truck pulling up to the house. Better get out of the mover’s way. I went out into the hallway and stood up on my tip toes to reach the cord to the attic. When we first came here to look at the house, I found that the attic let me be alone for when I needed to be alone. It kept me away from my pesky little brothers and let me think.
            I reached up and grabbed the cord and pulled it down. The step ladder appeared and I climbed up. In the attic, it contained a lot of spider webs and dust. It was the coldest place of all in the house. It also contained a lot of boxes. I walked around the attic until I found a spot that I liked. I sat down and looked around the room.
           I wondered what the boxes had inside them. I picked a small brown cardboard box and opened it. Inside it contained pictures and photo albums. I picked up an old large brown colored album. I opened the cover and found myself looking at a picture of a young lady holding a cute baby. I looked around the page and found the date. It read: Barbara and Gloria May 23, 1957. Wow these pictures must be really old. I looked through the rest of the album. It was mostly pictures of a young man named William, the young lady Barbara, and the baby Gloria.
          I looked through the rest of the pictures in the box. They seemed interesting. I set the box aside and looked around the room, wondering what other pictures and secret things it held.
          My eyes landed on a huge dark brown wooden chest. I got up and began walking towards the chest. What could be in it?

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar
Bump

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar

"-Happy Never After-" wrote:

Bump

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar

Bump

Should I continue this story?

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar
Chapter 2

As I step towards the box, my curiosity grew. What could be in this weird chest?
        I finally stood in front of the chest. I opened the lid of the chest. In it was a bunch of papers along with a brown leather journal. I picked up the journal. The leather journal looked old. I flipped the journal cover open.
       On the front of it read: If you found this journal, you’re probably wondering who this belongs to and what it is. I can’t tell you my name, but I can tell you what this is. This is my Death Journal. What is a Death Journal you may be wondering. My Death Journal is my journal of my journey through death. I write in it every day. You are probably wondering how someone dead can write. Well I am a ghost. If I want to write something in my journal, all I have to do is think what I want to write, and it’s put into this journal. If you want to find out who I am, you must do something for me. Flip to page 43.
      I flipped to that page and the story continued. I see you want to know who I am. In order for me to tell you who I am you must collect me some items. Turn to page 78 for the list of items that I need.
       I turned to page 78 and on that page was the list of things.
       These items are not in stores. They are hidden around town and you have to do something for the owner to get it, pay money to get it, or ask if you can have it for free. This will not be easy. Here is my list:
    Love potion
    Black and White Candles
    A white wicker basket
Flower petals from the Great Valley
A black handled knife with “Death Will Come” engraved                       
               on it
  Red and Black Emptiness Lipstick
    Green potion filled chocolates
   5 Glass Roses
   Pink floral vase
Rose printed stationary
 A quill pen
 Black ink from India
 A striped shawl
 Old Stamp collection
 Black envelopes

Weird list. Should I do this quest? This is such a mystery.
   I place the journal back inside the chest and then closed the chest. I go down the step ladder out of the attic and went down the spiral stairs. The movers had begun bringing in some of our items.
    Soon this house will be full of boxes, wallpaper, paint, etc. My parents are planning on fixing up this house. They promised me that I can fix up my room and plan how I think it should look. I still didn’t know what my room should look like. Better help unpack.

Posted By:
vanillacupcake454 Lock
vanillacupcake454
StarStarStarStarStar
I like it! But it gets confusing because you use the same adjecrives over a little other than that i give it 8/10

curiousity
OMG. true story time. ok so you know those breath sprays that people use in the movies before someone is about to kiss someone. well i thought it was perfume they used. and i tried it when i was smaller , AND IT TASTED REALLY BAD
-YourArgumentIsInvalid
what a funny dude

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar

"vanillacupcake454" wrote:

I like it! But it gets confusing because you use the same adjecrives over a little other than that i give it 8/10

Thanks. I am thinking about trashing this story cause I am not comfortable with writing stories like this.

Posted By:
vanillacupcake454 Lock
vanillacupcake454
StarStarStarStarStar
•i understand im more familiar with realistic fiction and fantasy

curiousity
OMG. true story time. ok so you know those breath sprays that people use in the movies before someone is about to kiss someone. well i thought it was perfume they used. and i tried it when i was smaller , AND IT TASTED REALLY BAD
-YourArgumentIsInvalid
what a funny dude

Posted By:
-Happy Never After-
-Happy Never After-
StarStarStarStar

"vanillacupcake454" wrote:

•i understand im more familiar with realistic fiction and fantasy

I'm more familiar with writing about bullying and life problems that happen every day.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Favorite animal?

allergies

IS CHEERLEADING REALLY A SPORT ??

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

Should Students be able to leave school fo...

allergies

latest videos