Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
kamuimaru
kamuimaru
StarStarStarStar
Chapter 1
“Ah, darn it,” Parker said. “It’s the middle of January, how is it this hot?”
Parker was almost sweating and he was lost in the woods; he was trying to run away from home; his parents were divorced and his mother was overprotective and kept him inside as if he were under house arrest. He’d always wanted to travel, to explore, maybe even change the world and be important; but he realized that was impossible indoors.
Parker was almost thinking about turning back home because of this peculiar weather; the past few days have been hot too, but he changed his mind when out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a small cabin.
A log cabin, out in the middle of the forest. Not in a clearing, just somewhere.
Observing this, Parker saw that the cabin must be abandoned and went inside, hoping to use this as a shelter.
Parker ran inside.
Strange enough, the inside of the cabin was hotter than outside. The floor creaked a little, but other than that, it was in perfectly good condition. There was even some bookshelves literally packed with books, and even stranger, at the front there was a counter with a glowing red stone.
Even though the cabin was so hot, he didn’t mind it because of that stone. It was an elliptical shape, with an almost metallic sheen, and the stone absolutely mesmerised Parker.
He didn’t know what this stone was, and he intended to figure out. He inched closer to it and touched it. At first, his hand twitched away from it, but then he held it in his hands.
It was the hottest thing he ever felt, yet he held it with ease. And with this, he concluded that the source of the abnormal heat was because of this stone.
He thought he heard a footstep; it was obvious; the floor creaked behind him, and he froze.
Who does this cabin - and this stone belong to?
What is the stone?
Parker wished he could know this without being seen as an intruder.

Hi! I like writing and chess and drawing.

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
kamuimaru
kamuimaru
StarStarStarStar
Oh, and please comment if I made any grammar mistakes or anything like that!

Or comment if you like it.

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
-ShawtyWithSwag-
-ShawtyWithSwag-
StarStarStar
Interesting..

-names Shimmer ( :
-got swag!
-taken

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
kamuimaru
kamuimaru
StarStarStarStar
Thank you for the comment! I'll continue it.

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
kamuimaru
kamuimaru
StarStarStarStar
Chapter 2
After a few seconds, Parker finally had the courage to turn around.
The stranger now in front of him was wearing red robes. He had a thick book tucked under his arm and had a friendly hand, outstretched. Parker hesitantly shook it.
“Well, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a customer,” the stranger said.
“Huh?” Parker was utterly confused. This.. was a shop? The stone was on sale? The  books, too?
“This... is a shop,” Parker repeated to himself.
“Yes. Sadly,  I don’t see much mages around here.”
“But I’m not a mage,” Parker said.
“Oh? Well then how did you touch that phoenix egg?”
Parker was amazed. He was standing next to a mage, accusing him of being a mage, in a mage’s shop, holding a phoenix egg. He felt as if what he was experiencing was fiction and pinched himself to make sure it wasn’t; sure enough, all was real.
The stranger waited a little bit for a response yet got nothing. So he said, “This is amazing, it’s not everyday you see a human using magic.”
“What?”
“...I’ll explain everything to you... My name is Rednuth,” he said.
“Rednuth? What a strange name,” Parker said. “I’m Parker.”
“Well, Parker,” Rednuth continued, “You live in a world where magic is real, phoenixes and dragons soar the skies, and leviathans rule the ocean. Whatever you thought was myth existed. And what’s frightening is that dark magic exists, and people plan to use it to rid the world of these wonderful creatures. They believe that phoenixes, dragons, leviathans, gryphons, and more are threatening the world and need to be rid of. You know magic; can you help defeat dark magic?”
“W-wow.. I’d love to, but.. I don’t even know magic.”
Rednuth smiled. “You seem to have quite some resistance to extreme heat; that is a form of magic. I don’t have that ability. You can easily step into a mage’s fire and defeat them. Perhaps the enemy has been using fire magic, you never know.”
Parker was struck with disbelief. “Where in the world would I learn magic from?”
“Ah,” Rednuth remarked, “Magic can be innate, you may have had a royal lineage, possibly one from an experienced mage who can pass on the gene of magic to a descendant, you.”
Parker still couldn’t believe any of this, but some sense made him think that maybe it was true. The explanation to everything odd lately would’ve been magic.
“So the odd temperatures have been a result of magic, too?” Parker asked.
“Well, not exactly. Every few decades, a peak rise in temperatures occurs where phoenixes gather for their breeding season. In fact, that is how I came upon that egg. This very wood is a place of gathering for phoenixes, and thus it is extremely hot here. The egg was found in a nest on a tree; enchanted by phoenix to resist burning. Phoenix prefer to gather in places that are undisturbed; they are peaceful creatures. The wood here must be some kind of preserve, it must be undisturbed for many decades to be a favorable place for phoenix.”
“You’re selling it? Why? You’ll only get another one in another few decades, and only if you’re lucky.”
“Well, I’m not actually selling it. In fact, I’ll give it to you for free if you agree to help me relinquish dark magic. I do not age, I see time much differently than you do. A few decades is not long.”
Parker smiled. “Sure, I’ll help you.”
Parker stood up and took the egg.
“Thank you,” Rednuth said.

Phoenix Egg

Posted By:
kamuimaru
kamuimaru
StarStarStarStar
Chapter 3
Rednuth then let Parker sleep in the cabin. The egg was put back where he found it, on the counter where it was. Rednuth did not sleep with pillows, blankets, or even a bed. He slept on elevated wooden parts of the cabin, and thus so did Parker.

When Parker’s mother had woken up the next day only to see that her son had been missing, she became frantic. She called his name everywhere in the house and even called his name a little in the woods, but he was nowhere to be found. Having not found him, she resorted to putting up posters around the neighborhood and hoping they would find Parker.
She became depressed and wanted to find Parker and apologized for anything she would’ve done wrong enough to make Parker run away, as if the air would answer. But the air was silent, and Parker’s mother sighed.
It felt as if her world was lost and she had to find it in the midst of the endless universe. Parker’s mother went to sleep, too fazed and depressed to even eat or move anymore.
The next day, Parker’s mother awoke to a knocking on the door and was instantly grateful; she suspected someone had found Parker. When she opened the door, she was greeted by a friendly looking man wearing dark purple robes and held a small jar.
“Well, hello,” the man said.
“Good morning, have you seen my son?”
“No, but I have a hunch. Your son has probably been taken by an evil soul, a mage. Mages tend to do evil stuff like kidnapping, and I’ll teach you how to defeat one.”
“I don’t believe in fairy tales. Goodbye.”
Just as Parker’s mother was about to shut the door, the mage paralyzed her with a spell.
“Do you believe that you are now unable to move? I am a mage and I can teach you magic. I can sense that you have a lineage of magic, a descendant of a powerful mage. You have great potential and it is possible for you to rescue your son. Even more, mages of other qualities are threatening the world; you can save your own life and help rid the world of dragons, phoenixes, gryphons, and all that is dangerous to the world. You just have to cooperate.”

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

Name one movie better then Frozen

Favorite Video Game?

Lovers of Skrillex and DeadMau5 come join...

Lovers of Skrillex and DeadMau5 come join...