Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar
Rosetta's heart thumped like a ton of bricks with each step she made. In the black of the night, the twisted trees seemed to snatch at her bare feet, the bucket in her hand seemed to weigh five times more then the previous step she had struggled through and she blindly stumbled through the woods, cutting her bare feet on thorns lying on the ground. The conversation she had had just a quarter of an hour ago echoed in her ears. 
"Rosetta! We're nearly out, go and get the berries from the wood you found last time."
"But Madame du Seigneur, it's black."
"Did you not hear me, you little brat? Get the berries. And fetch some water from the well whilst you're out there."
"Please, at least wait until tomorrow. It's so dark..."
Madame Du Seigneur had bent down quite a way to get to the eight year old's small height and whispered harshly. "I said go, little miss toad," she hissed. 
"Please..."
Madame Du Seigneur reached for her wooden spoon, brandishing it like a sword.#
"Please no!" Rosetta begged, backing away into the far corner of the room, cowering behind her tiny hands. "I'll go! I'll go!"
Madame Du Seigneur smirked. "I thought so." She had reached into her pocket and pulled out 20 lira. "Get some eggs from the farmer on your way back. Our customers want the fresh ones, not the rotten ones." She pressed the 20 lira coin into Rosetta's ice-cold, hand. Rosetta closed her little fist around it and walked out of the door quickly, picking up her bucket as she went. 

Rosetta bent down beside the berry bush and plucked as many as she could from their stalks, gently dropping them one by one into her apron. When she had gathered as many as she could find, she stood up, brushing leaves out of her thin, light blonde hair, knotted from no baths or showers. Her wide green eyes searched around her surroundings for the well as she fought back tears when a thorn plunged deep into her tiny foot. "Ow," she murmured quietly, resisting the stinging behind her eyes. She limped towards the well slowly. Before she plunged the bucket in, she sat on the side and closed her eyes as the cold water ran over her bruised legs from where Madame du Seigneur had beaten her with a spoon so many times. The mud patches on her leg washed off, revealing pale, fresh skin. Then she made a big mistake. She leant forward to retrieve her bucket, and the 20 lira coin slipped out of her apron along with a few berries and plummeted into the wall. "No!" Rosetta gasped in shock, watching the coin splash at the bottom of the well. She couldn't contain it, she let it all out. Tears streamed down her face as she buried her head in between her knees and curled into a small ball, leaning against a tree. Madame du Seigneur was going to #### her. 

~earth707~

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar
The moonlight bounced off Rosetta's pale face, lighting up her tear-streaks. "It's not fair," she whispered, uncovering her face slightly, wisps of her light blonde hair blowing in her eyes. Slowly she got up, dragging herself across to her bucket. As slowly as she possibly could, she filled it with water, wiping away the remaining tears. It seemed her eyes should be bone-dry considering all the tears she'd shed. Somewhere behind her, a twig snapped. With a small gasp, she looked behind her, dropping the bucket on the ground. 
" Who are you?" a boy's voice entered her ears. He had a London accent. Rosetta squinted to see him in the darkness.
"No one," she replied timidly. 
"Hang on, I know you, you're the one who works at that pub. With the Seigneurs."
"Who are you?" Rosetta echoed the question he had first asked. He stepped into the moonlight revealing himself. He was wearing a scruffy white shirt, brown braces with red straps and his coal black hair was thick. He looked about ten, two years older than her. 
"I'm Reece Elliot."
"Why are you in Italy?"
"It's a long story."
Rosetta closely studied Reece, peering at him through wide, frightened eyes. "I have to go," she whispered and ran off. 

As she walked to the pub, she kept looking back, seeing Reece's figure standing there by the well. She stopped as he hoisted himself in, and disappeared down. She gave a small shriek and turned to run back. But a strong hand gripped her shoulder and she spun around to see Senoir Du Seigneur. 
"Where've you been, littlun?" he hissed, spraying the smell of #### in Rosetta's face. She coughed, turning away. 
"I was getting water for Senoira," Rosetta said quietly. "And berries."
"You mean Madame," he corrected her drunkenly. 
"Water for Madame."
"What about the eggs?"
Rosetta's heart thudded to her feet. She shifted her feet anxiously as ##### took a deep swig from the bottle ##########, relishing it with a deep sigh.  
"I lost the 20 lira," she murmured, looking at her feet. 
"What?" Senoir asked, standing up from his crouched position and swaying dangerously to one side.
"I lost the 20 lira," Rosetta repeated. 
"You what?"
"I lost the -"
"I love you!" Senoir interrupted her, slurping up the last contents of the bottle. "You're little hands, your tiny feet. Give me a toad!"
"Shu up, you fungus face! You're #####!# Madame du Seigneur screeched from the kitchen. "Let me deal with the little brat."

~earth707~

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar
Let me explain to you now reader, that Madame du Seigneur is not French. She is Italian. The reason she prefers Madame to Senoira is unknown, but a great amount of research suggests this: 

Her mother - Madame Sartre - was half French, half Italian, and chose to live it France where her love and lover - Monsieur de L' oubi - lived. Monsieur de L' oubi passed away only two years later due to the French Revolution when their house was attacked by their own kind, stealing wooden furniture for a barricade. He died of a heart attack. 

Madame Sartre was so heart broken, she moved to Italy, changing her name to Senoira Sartre. There, she lost her job and lived on the streets becoming pregnant with another child, Madame Seigneur. Hunted down by a police agent because she had been stealing food from her neighbor, she returned to France with Madame du Seigneur who was only three. They grew up there until Madame  du Seigneur was sixteen, when she ran away to Italy where she met Senoir Seigneur. Missing her mother (although she had forbade her to go to Italy) she kept Madame. 

Madame du Seigneur would have been fairly pretty if she did not smear so much makeup on and wear such ridiculous dresses, with spots, bright colors and crazy eye-aching patterns. 
She had crazily knotted red hair which she stuck up into a messy bun, greasy pieces of hair falling past her chin. She moved very delicately, occasionally using her habit of leaning her chin daintily on her palm on the bar table and wink at the men buying a drink. She prided herself with being able to make a man faint with her (hidden) beauty. 

Senoir du Seigneur was a drinker. He had reddish, brown hair like his wife which stuck up in strange tufts. His beard was very bristly and shaved unevenly. It was a very rare occasion that you would see his hand empty of a bottle, and his strange way of walking, slanted to one side, sometimes swaying precariously was quite alarming. 

The Casa di Bevitori (meaning the home for drinkers) was a pub full of drunks, though none quite as drunknn as the master himself. Occasionally you would hear sudden outbursts, strange, but often amusing. 

~earth707~

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar
Madame du Seigneur glared at Rosetta with her piercing eyes as the small girl stepped slowly towards her. 
"Where. Are. The. Eggs?" she asked, putting emphasis on each word she said like she was talking to an incredibly dull, unknowing toddler. 
"I don't have them, Madame."
"As I thought. Well, could I have my 20 lira back? If you didn't buy the eggs, you should still have the money."
Rosetta mumbled something.
"Yes?"
"It fell in the well."
"It did, did it? How unfortunate for you..." Instead of reaching for the wooden spoon, she grabbed Rosetta's wrist and raised a hand. Rosetta cowered, trying to slip free of the iron-gripped hand attached to her wrist. "No," she squeaked in protest. "Please no, I'm begging you, Madame..."
Then someone knocked on the door. Madame shot Rosetta a dangerous look, and strode off towards the door.
"Yes?" she said, raising an eyebrow at the five men standing in front of her.
"We want a drink," one of them muttered.
"Charming," Madame spat at him as he pushed past her. The rest followed him, except for one. He took off his hat and nodded politely at Madame du Seigneur. Unlike the others, he was wearing decent clothing and looked like he owned a large sum of money. Immediately jumping to conclusions, Madame du Seigneur smiled in a what she thought was flirtatious smile. He didn't respond. As she stepped aside to let him pass, she removed her cigarette and blew the smok in his face. He waved a hand up and stepped forwards. Madame closed the door and then pulled it open again in annoyance as another knock came at it.
"Come back tomorrow," she snapped at someone who apparently wanted a drink. She slammed the door shut, flashing a quick glance at herself in the mirror, smiling vainly. 

~earth707~

La Guida

Posted By:
LuketheFootballer
LuketheFootballer
Star
wow, this is amazing! keep going

La Guida

Posted By:
hollybl2468
hollybl2468
StarStarStarStarStar
(This is really good :3. You have used a wide vocabulary in your posts so far, your grammar and spelling is perfect and it seems as if you have done a fair amount of research and placed a lot of dedication to creating this story. Rather than the beginnings of some tales, which can admittedly be sometimes boring, this caught my attention, especially when Madame was threatening Rosetta. I would personally like to read more of it!)

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem. But if I know you, I'll know what you do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar

"hollybl2468" wrote:

(This is really good :3. You have used a wide vocabulary in your posts so far, your grammar and spelling is perfect and it seems as if you have done a fair amount of research and placed a lot of dedication to creating this story. Rather than the beginnings of some tales, which can admittedly be sometimes boring, this caught my attention, especially when Madame was threatening Rosetta. I would personally like to read more of it!)

Thanks! smile 

~earth707~

La Guida

Posted By:
earth707
earth707
StarStarStarStar
Rosetta watched the customers from her crouched position in the far corner of the room. She had her arms wrapped around her knees, her striking blue eyes taking in everything around in inquisitively. 
"Feeling thirsty?" Madame du Seigneur asked flirtatiously, her usual habit of leaning her chin in her palm taking over again. The wealthy looking man looked over at her, and shook his head, sitting down at an empty table. Madame du Seigneur looked disappointed, but smiled disconcertingly when she saw Rosetta huddled in the corner. With her lacy ########## gloves, she gracefully adjusted her hair, and then glided off towards Rosetta.
"What do you think you're doing, brat?" she asked, grabbing the girl's wrist and pulling her up vigorously. "Here's your broom. I want this floor spick and span by the time I get back."
She shoved the broom into Rosetta, and strode off. Rosetta slowly dragged her feet across the room, and began to sweep the dust. The wealthy man looked at her, and then Madame du Seigneur in slight confusion, but soon went back to his blank expression. 
Rosetta could hear the laughter of the drnks and Madame du Seigneur. 
Some time went past, and when Rosetta had finished the floor - Madame stomped her muddy boots all over it deliberately, screeching at the little girl in anger when she saw the floor - pretending to presume it had been there all along. 

As the night went past - the wealthy man still hadn't uttered a word - until now. 
"What is that girl doing?" he asked Madame, looking at Rosetta who was sitting under the table scrubbing some plates.
"She's just a household drudge," Madame snapped, then resumed her usual tone. "Don't bother with her."
Rosetta shared a glance with the man - for a split second before resuming to her chore. 
"Doesn't she get a break?"
"No! Why should she? She isn't worth much. Little brat!" she shouted the last part to Rosetta, who started scrubbing the plate harder and faster in anxiousness. 
The man said nothing more until the morning.

"How old is she?"
"Who?"
"The girl from last night." He was sitting in front of an untouched glass of water - still talking to Madame.
"Her? Oh, eight or something?"
"Well, I'll give you 700 francs for her to come home with me."
Rosetta's eyes lit up from where she was eavesdropping - listening through the weak floorboards from her upstairs alcove.
"You'd #### ###? ######? ## course - but 800 francs."
"Of course."
Madame's eyes also lit up as ###### du Seigneur stomped over - he had overheard and now began to speak. "Plus your fees for staying here - you owe us 850 francs"
"The price has gone up, has it?" a nearby customer murmured.
Madame shot him a deadly look, so he didn't speak again. 
"Although - who would keep this place together. Looks wise," Senoir murmured to Madame.
"Good point..." Madame thought. "Rosetta! Come here now!"
Rosetta jumped a little, and scurried downstairs.

(unfinished chapter)

~earth707~

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

does anyone go to bed in the morning?!

Kd22

We the Kidz

latest videos