Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Rest of the World

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar
Rest of the World - Prologue

---

It's the year 2086, August 25th - eleven years ago today, a dictator by the name of Alux Winter had taken over the entire continents of South and North America. The rest had been destroyed. Music has been outlawed. Art has been outlawed. Television has been outlawed. Internet has been outlawed. Pretty much everything you hold dear has been outlawed. The remnants of the world is in ruins.

---

Dean held the limp body of Nika close to his chest, his arms shaking, his mind oblivious to the shouting and sounds of fading gunfire behind and around him as he ran, his bare feet hitting the concrete hard beneath him. Nika's glassy green eyes stared upward without seeing, her mouth open in an eternal wail of agony. Her coarse black hair was matted with blood, and her dark skin was already cooling. Dean's legs and arms screamed from the firey pain that came with the exertion, and his heart ached sharply with loss and vague denial. Just when he felt he would collapse, he crossed the threshold of a crumbling building, where his two older brothers and a woman greeted him with concerned expressions.

Mortecai, the oldest of them all at the age of twenty six, stood from his spot where he was sitting on the ground. He ran a pale, bony hand through his shaggy red hair and regarded Nika in Dean's arms, "Is she...?"

Dean abruptly turned away from Mortecai at the unfinished question. He set Nika on her designated pallet and pulled a filthy, unpatterned quilt up to her chin. He shook his head fiercely, a sharp denial sinking in with the shock, "Can't be," he huffed, breathing still heavy from running, "Not yet. Part of the Rebellion."

Mortecai gazed down sadly at his brother, who knelt over the dead girl, desperately attempting CPR and mouth-to-mouth. Mortecai asked quietly, "What happened?"

"Couple of those freakin' Guardsmen," he grumbled. "Caught us hoppin' the fence to the stupid market." Dean glanced over at Mortecai's fiancee, Maya - who was twenty four - and said accusingly, "You were in medical trainin' before the New Order struck - save her!"

"Dean," Maya said softly in her melodic voice. She knelt beside him and held Nika's wrist, only briefly searching for a pulse. Her blue eyes clouded over, her olive skin blanching, "I'm sorry," she murmured.

Dean shook his head slowly and said calmly, "Whatever. She's dead...so what? The Rebellion's all dyin' anyway. Alisha an' Jess are god-knows-where, we don't know if Milo an' Blake are gonna come back tonight," his voice started rising, "Thomas, Jason, Marcia, an' Dorian are dead, an' now Nika, the love of my freakin' life, has been murdered! Murdered!"

Luke, the middle child at twenty one, put a hand on Dean's shoulder. Calm down, little brother. Everything will work out, he signed. Dean looked over at him and grimaced upon seeing the familiar stitches that caged Luke's lips. Luke gave Dean his best crooked, reassuring smile. His purple eyes - which matched both his brothers' - twinkled with surreal hope, and his dark bangs hung just above his eyebrows. Dean blew out a short breath through his nostrils and managed a wry smile, "Fine."

---

Notes:
This might be painfully like the book Fire (i can't remember the author's name), but i loved that book and didn't get to finish it. This is basically my way of getting over the fact that the public library hates me.

There is no such thing as "bad art", regardless of talent or skill. For every craft or drawing you create, is a creation from your mind. Whatever it depicts, it is immensely beautiful.

Rest of the World

Posted By:
alvy123
alvy123
StarStarStarStarStar
lol Wink

smile Frown Worried Grin Big Grin Hippie Blush Love Mad Angry Shout

RUBY | 14 | INDIA
Want to know more? TALK to me. Want to talk? ADD me. I don't care what you think about me , but I'm me . Please do read my story in the forums - DEATH - I love chocolate too.
Dazed Tired Tongue Out Cool Wink Confused

Rest of the World

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar

"alvy123" wrote:

lol Wink

What was funny...?

There is no such thing as "bad art", regardless of talent or skill. For every craft or drawing you create, is a creation from your mind. Whatever it depicts, it is immensely beautiful.

Rest of the World

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar

"KrisKross" wrote:

"alvy123" wrote:

lol Wink

What was funny...?
That's not funny.

Its amazing honestly smile

Rest of the World

Posted By:
NachozRule Lock
NachozRule
StarStarStarStarStar

"KrisKross" wrote:

"alvy123" wrote:

lol Wink

What was funny...?

She probably meant
lol = lol okay lol

wait, nvm.
I thought the story was good.

H3H3H3H3 >:]

Rest of the World

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar

"NachozRule" wrote:

"KrisKross" wrote:

"alvy123" wrote:

lol Wink

What was funny...?

She probably meant
lol = lol okay lol

wait, nvm.
yeah this so good story, lollollollollollollollol ok

Rest of the World

Posted By:
NachozRule Lock
NachozRule
StarStarStarStarStar

"Baby260" wrote:

"NachozRule" wrote:

"KrisKross" wrote:

"alvy123" wrote:

lol Wink

What was funny...?

She probably meant
lol = lol okay lol

wait, nvm.
yeah this so good story, lollollollollollollollol ok

it was loloollo0l a lolololol amaz lollolo ing lolololol sto lolololo ry lololool

Rest of the World

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar
x.x I'm sorry you guys didn't like it. I might continue it anyway...i guess i'll try harder next time.

Rest of the World

Posted By:
NachozRule Lock
NachozRule
StarStarStarStarStar

"KrisKross" wrote:

x.x I'm sorry you guys didn't like it. I might continue it anyway...i guess i'll try harder next time.

Nobody said it was bad.

Rest of the World

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar
Rest of the World - Chapter One

---

The year is 2087, December 23rd.

---

When he felt the terrifying contact of a gun against the middle of his back, Dean froze and stuck his hands up in the air automatically after shoving his rented handgun into his pocket. "State your names," the gruff voice behind him barked.

"Dean Salvadore and Adam Lordon," he said calmly, glancing over at his companion. "Age nineteen and sixteen."

"Be you part of the Rebellion?"

A slight smirk tugged at the corners of Dean's lips, and Adam barely stifled a chuckle. "No, sir."

"You may continue."

They passed through the gate and into a field with seven-foot tall weeds and grass. "This is probably where your dad went to get food, may he rest in peace," Dean said solemnly to Adam. "This is where we all go, so the supply is runnin' low. I dunno what these guys are eatin', but it sure as hell ain't meat considerin' we're takin' it all. Otherwise huntin' would be outlawed too." He snarled his face.

Adam nodded, not saying anything. The kid hadn't spoken much after the day Maya and Mortecai found him curled up in a pile of rubble, his father on the ground in front of him with a mangled body. Adam had agreed to join the Rebellion, and then he only spoke when necessary.

The two boys trekked through the high weeds and occasional mud before Dean perked up and crouched low, gesturing for Adam to do the same. Adam obeyed, squatting beside Dean. "What's wrong?" he whispered.

"I hear somethin'," Dean replied, voice barely audible. "Maybe footsteps, maybe an animal."

He withdrew the handgun from his pocket and readied it. It would take a couple of shots to kill an animal, depending on the size. They waited and listened for what seemed like an eternity before three rabbits bounded into the clearing a few feet in front of them. Adam held his breath. Dean raised the handgun and shot once, hitting the rabbit to the right. The other two scrambled, but Dean managed to shoot another one before it escaped.

"Alright. That's dinner. We can ration it out between all...eight of us." Dean grimaced and grabbed both of the corpses. "Home's not far, let's get runnin' while I still got this gun."

---

"That's it?" Milo snarled, glaring down at the rabbits that were just tossed in the middle of the room. "This is why we send Luke out. He's got the best shot of all of us, not to mention the guy can actually choose what friggin' animal is gonna even feed us and-"

"How about you shut your trap?" Mortecai snapped. Six pairs of eyes turned to stare at him. Moretcai continued, "Luke's too sick to barely even move, much less go find us something to eat, you ungrateful vermin."

"Well, why didn't you go?" Blake countered, "I don't see nothin' wrong with you."

Mortecai clenched and unclenched his fists several times - he didn't have an answer. Then, he inhaled deeply and spat out, "Dean needed to show Adam the place, anyway."

"Right, the newbie," Blake snickered. Jess peered over at him and smacked him in the back of the head, saying, "As if you weren't new to this whole crap yourself."

"Guys, stop freakin' fightin'," Dean growled. "Is bein' cooped up in this place together really makin' you guys all bitter toward one another? I don't think I can handle you guys fussin' day in and day out. We've been together, what, three years now? Just be quiet and get over yourselves," his words were coated with venom and his irritation was obvious in his expression.

"I get it. We don't have Marcia. We don't have Thomas. We don't have Dorian or Jason, and Melina came and went. I know you guys loved them, and I know it hurt to lose them, but please, they weren't the only ones that kept this group together."

His avoidance of mentioning Nika didn't go unnoticed. Mortecai pressed his lips into a thin line. Jess scrunched up her nose and tilted her chin up slightly, saying, "Well, I don't appreciate the way Blake thinks he can be a stupid bully to every new person that comes along. He's the reason we don't have any good accomplices."

"You're the reason we don't have anymore female members. They know they ain't gonna get none with you going around like you do," Blake retorted.

Jess turned on him, eyes filled with pure rage. She raised her fist but Milo lunged forward and grabbed her arms, "Stop it, you two! Dean's right, okay? We gotta chill out. That means both of you, Blake," he snapped, glaring.

Adam shifted his weight from each leg awkwardly and looked over at Dean. He spoke quietly, "Look, maybe I don't belong with you guys..."

"Don't be stupid," Dean rolled his eyes. "You're practically family now. You're not leavin'."

---

Adam tossed and turned on his newly designated pallet. There obviously hadn't been much to eat that night, what with only having two rabbits and a few vegetables to split between eight members. He wasn't used to having this much of an empty belly - his father had always provided him with the sufficiet amount of food when it had been just the two of them. He bit into the skin around his filthy fingernails as he stared into the darkness. Dean's pallet was close to Adam's, and Adam reached out and touched his arm, whispering, "Are you awake?"

Dean rolled over and rubbed his eyes, "What's up?"

"I have a question that's been nagging at me since I showed up."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Why's your brother Luke...the way he is?" he cringed and his face turned apologetic, even though Dean couldn't see. Simultaneously, Dean's expression darkened.

"Well, 'bout four years ago, he pissed off a Highruler. You know, one of the five right below Winter. Anyway, he kept talkin' back to 'im...an' the dude got so mad that he strapped Luke down and sewed his mouth shut." Dean swallowed hard. "We've never tried to get them out. He won't let us."

Adam was quiet, thinking about this new information. He blinked slowly and then said, "I'm sorry...I was just wondering. Goodnight."

" 'Night," Dean mumbled before turning over and going back to sleep.

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What's everyone doing for halloween?

They won't let me be free

Favorite Youtubers :D (2014)

The Fault In Our Stars vs Divergent

latest videos