Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar
So i haven't seen any zombie stories around. So i'm gonna change that. I present to you: The Taste of Skin.

---

Taste of Skin: Chapter One

---

December 20th, 2008

"I'm telling you, that's bull carp," Steven snapped at his would-be friend, Ethan. "You have my console, I remember giving it to you!"

"I never borrowed it," Ethan stated flatly, throwing his arms up. He jerked a thumb over his shoulder and said, "You probably gave it to Kaleb."

Kaleb Vetys lagged behind his two friends in the mall, who were currently going at it about Steven's gaming console that Ethan had allegedly taken. It wasn't as if Kaleb minded their fighting - no, he was used to it. He just wished they would shut it and go out already. He'd tried hooking them up on several different occasions, but they both claimed to have an undying hatred for the other.

They'd graduated high school three years apart, Ethan being twenty two and Steven being nineteen, but before then they'd always been bickering in the hallways. Kaleb was unfortunately the runt at only eighteen years old - Steven and Ethan always pulled the "we're older" card on him.

Kaleb put his hands up in faux-defense, saying, "I don't have your game, man. But if you two are just going to argue the whole time we're here, I can leave."

"Oh, shut it," Steven said with a dismissive wave of a bony hand. "You want to tease the Santa guy as much as we do." He looked over his shoulder and grinned at Kaleb.

It was true - it was fun to mess with the old man. Kaleb was a bit mean-spirited, having always been a moderate bully. He influenced his friends in this way, and vice versa.

"Okay, okay," he sighed. His friends, unfortunately, continued to have their little lovers' spat. Then Kaleb heard a loud, yet muffled boom. "You guys hear that?" he asked, stopping in his tracks.

The two stopped as well. Ethan turned around, "I didn't hear nothing," he barked. But Kaleb noticed other mall-goers looking around for the source of the noise.

Then suddenly, it was as if the roof was falling - because it was. The building began to crumble around them at the cue of several sharp, loud bangs. Kaleb stumbled forward and collapsed at the weight of the building falling on top of him. There was an intense, fiery sensation that seemed to tear at his skin and rip it apart. He heard several screams mixed with his own before he blacked out.

He wasn't sure how long he'd been unconscious, but when Kaleb woke, he woke to the sounds of bombs going off everywhere around him. He woke to a destroyed city and a painful weight on his chest. It took all of his strength to move the remnants of a wall, and some of the ceiling, off of his torso. He was sure several bones were broken. He heard people crying, screaming, pleading. He heard a familiar voice, "Kaleb, help!" - it was Steven.

Debris was falling around them, and Kaleb found Steven buried in the rubble. As he started forward to help the blond escape, the motor of a car smashed down into Steven's head. Kaleb gasped and scrambled backward, eyes wide and body aching. He was covered in blood and it wasn't just his own anymore.

A siren rang out through the air, followed by a monotonous, robotic voice, "A virus has been released by the radiation. Do not leave your homes. The city's under Martial Law. I repeat, the city is under Martial Law."

There is no such thing as "bad art", regardless of talent or skill. For every craft or drawing you create, is a creation from your mind. Whatever it depicts, it is immensely beautiful.

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
KrisKross
KrisKross
StarStarStarStar
Oh, come on.

There is no such thing as "bad art", regardless of talent or skill. For every craft or drawing you create, is a creation from your mind. Whatever it depicts, it is immensely beautiful.

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
until.the.world.meet.me
until.the.world.meet.me
StarStarStarStarStar
Wow .. this is amazing hurry up and write more I can't wait .

blooming Flower Gif
❥ѕмιℓє, ℓσνє ιт'ѕ gσσ∂ fσя уσυ❥

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
Jelly3
Jelly3
StarStarStarStarStar
nice one.
Big Grin

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
WithTheWildThings
WithTheWildThings
StarStarStar
At first I thought this was going to be about cannibalism ._.

XD

But seriously, this is an awesome start! The only thing I have to say about it is that you start off a lot, if not all, of the sentences in the paragraph third from the end with the word he. Maybe change some beginnings of the sentences? Just a suggestion smile

"I'm just a
Would've been
Could've been
Should've been
Never was
And never ever will be."

~And The Snakes Start To Sing by Bring Me The Horizon

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
Teh-Skittals
Teh-Skittals
StarStar
Nice! You seem to have a talent for writing, I already love this story(:

Hello, my name is Alicia and I am new to KW I've been exploring groups and forums but haven't made many friends yet. Hopefully that can change, I am always open to new friends ♥ ~SKITTALS
(I will probabaly change this later because this is the worst signature ever haha)

Taste of Skin

Posted By:
blinkier
blinkier
StarStarStarStar
omg Great story smile write more I can't wait

Love is a Amazing thing

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

grandma favoring

Describe the Person Above You in One Word

should a 11 year old get a cell phone-moved

should a 11 year old get a cell phone-moved

Zayn Malik VS Harry Styles

latest videos