Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Cold: Pilot (Feed back wanted :)

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
I sat by the frozen lake, the ice was as thick as I was tall, or at least I seemed that way to me from where I sat, I'm Harris Poi. I guess saying I was different would be an understatement, you'd have to come up with a whole new word for me. I'm not good at sport, but I can run so fast you can barely see me, I'm no good at maths or English and yet somehow I can solve problems in a second. I stink at school, but I'm good at my own world. The things people say about me hurt, gosh they are painful, but then I go into the forest, into a world of my own, almost. No one knows this part of the woods, its hidden by the vast evergreen trees and the big bushes. I loved to come here and draw, I had a wild rabbit that would sit next to me, although we'd only met a month ago, we were like brothers now. I'd only moved here two months back, with my dad and older sister Cass. We'd moved here because my mum had broken up with my dad, and we hated her for it, so we moved away from London to the country. The town was strange, a circle with a slightly small 4 mile circumference woodland in the middle, there was a town which made up the outer ring, we lived right by the woods, my dad liked nature, as did Cass and I. So there I sat, sketch book propped on my legs, pencil in hand and a flask of hot chocolate to my left, I started to draw the beautiful winter wonderland that lay ahead. I often wondered how I'd capture the beauty of a place, then after the sketch was complete, wonder how I had drawn it so well. I'm a modest person really, but I liked to brag sometimes, I never do it even when other people tell me they got an iPhone 5S for they're birthday and they're getting a mac for Christmas, I would just smile and say, "Cool." then walk away to judge my mum on taking more money than she needed.

(This was the pilot chapter for Cold. Its about Harris Poi, who's lift is turned upside down by a deluded talking rabbit.)

☆When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons laugh☆
2500th post! 14/10/2013 - About 10:35

Posted By:
caley blue
caley blue
StarStarStar
well said. its really amazing i love it and i mean it omg i cant stop reading

Jamaica Is The Best Island Ever.

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
I'll have some more up either now or tomorrow smile

☆When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons laugh☆

Posted By:
caley blue
caley blue
StarStarStar
ok i hope u have some more quick as lighting

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
(HERE WE GO Big Grin)

"Harris, we need to talk." I glared at my dad, he held at sheet of paper in one hand and a bottle of strong drink in the other, "Lets put the bottle down." I said taking it from him and placing it on the kitchen counter, "What seems to be the problem?" I asked briskly, he sighed. I knew it was bad, I knew because It was my fault, not sure how, but he'd blame me and I'd take it so i didn't have to deal with any rubbish, "You got main Cs and C-s in your exams, you got one B, ONE! You said you'd try better Harris." I stared at the floor, "You realize this is last year report, this years one has been hidden in the school since I got it."  He closed his eyes and sat down, I looked at him worried, "Harris, sit." I sat, "If you want to quit school or something, go ahead." I stared confused, I did want to quit school, so I could work on my art, but I wasn't prepared to yet, "Dad, I'm not quitting school." I was, but not until after the coming summer holidays, by then I'd be selling art works for 100 pounds each and I could say I have a life, when no one else has. 16 is that beautiful magic number, I told my self. Meanwhile my dad was turning from red to normal and back at an alarming rate, "I know what you're planning Harris, I hear you on the phone!" I glared at him, "You snoop in on what I'm saying!?" I asked, anger rising from the deep pit where I left it until I exploded, "OK, yeah I'm quitting school because you give me so much junk about doing better, I want to go into painting for money! I have a dream! YOU HAVE A FAILED MARRIAGE!" I stormed out the room and marched upstairs where I cried into my pillow for about a half hour, wanting to take back what I had said.

Posted By:
caley blue
caley blue
StarStarStar
it just keep on getting more interesting 

Posted By:
JWittz
JWittz
StarStarStarStarStar
Its AWESOME!

Hey peeps! JWittz here!

Trumpets

:3 I know I'm weird....

Batman and Robin

Robin: Gosh, Batman! Was Star Trek: Into Darkness that bad?

Batman: Let's not talk about it...

Triple chocolate cake, with chocolate icing and chocolate chips....

I need it...

Posted By:
Turtle52
Turtle52
StarStarStarStarStar
One word......incredible 

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
alvy123
alvy123
StarStarStarStarStar
It's really awesome and I can't wait!

smile Frown Worried Grin Big Grin Hippie Blush Love Mad Angry Shout

RUBY | 14 | INDIA
Want to know more? TALK to me. Want to talk? ADD me. I don't care what you think about me , but I'm me . Please do read my story in the forums - DEATH - I love chocolate too.
Dazed Tired Tongue Out Cool Wink Confused

Posted By:
lightshadow
lightshadow
StarStarStarStarStar
(I have returned because this has been so popular!)

I woke up in the darkness of the night having cried myself to sleep, I'd been awoken because I had a nightmare, my dad had hurt me, he'd caused me so muck pain in that dream that my heart hurt in fear that'd he was really that horrid. I chose to push the memories of that dream to the back of my mind where they wouldn't hurt me. I pressed the button to activate the 3 seconds of light on my watch, it was four thirty in the morning and I was hunger and wide awake now. I realized now that I must have been sleeping for about eight hours and that always left me awake. So I thought I'd go to the woods and watched the sunrise. I did that sometimes, when I was up really early, I'd head to the woods with a hot chocolate and some sliced of warm buttered toast just to sit and watch as the suns orange, red and yellow rays lit up the blackness of night and made then pale blue of day. I check the weather on my phone it was -1 Celsius out there, I smiled, this meant snow was staying. I pulled open my window to see that there was snow falling right now, this made my heavy heart lighter. I changed into black skinny jeans, a  white top with 'Born Awesome' written on it. I grabbed a thick red hoddie and pulled it on as I stumble down the dark stairs, my dad was asleep which was for the best, I couldn't and wouldn't face him yet. I boiled the kettle and made sure It didn't whistle, then milked it with warm milk and cocoa power and tipped it into my flask. I then made some buttery toast which I wrapped in kitchen towel. I put these in my should bag with my netbook. I pulled on boots, a trench coat, those gloves that are fingers less with the flap to turn them into mittens and a grey scarf. I pulled open the door and stepped into the cold snow.

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Favorite Old Show

Cat vs Dog

lakme vs maybelline

Happy birthday Chayluv :D

Favorite Old Show

Words that start with C.

latest videos