Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Should I use this in my book?

Posted By:
SpaceKitty14
SpaceKitty14
StarStarStarStar
[This is a part of a book in my series. Lily (the viewpoint character) is watching her boyfriend (Luke) meet her ex-boyfriend (Taylor). They are on a train, and Taylor isn't sure if he recognizes Lily. Just for reference the reason they broke up is because Taylor was a player and told Lily "I never really liked you."]

Taylor stopped and looked at me. "Are you Lily?"
I nodded.
Luke stood up. "Hey. What's your name?"
I could tell his smile was forced. I had already warned him about what Taylor had done to me.
"Taylor. And you?"
"Luke. How did you meet Lily?"
Taylor's eyes darted over to me and back to Luke's shoulder. Neither would look the other in the eye.
"She was in my fourth grade class."
Luke said, "She was in my fifth grade class."
Suddenly, their eyes met and they seemed to be trying to stare each other down.
"Yeah, I've known her a long time."
Silence. We were all silent for a while. They were still staring each other down. Finally I decided to say something, but apparently Taylor thought so too, because he said, "We had a little bit of a row at the end of the year, though."
"If you're talking about the time when you suddenly decided you didn't like me," I started, "And then you just stalked off like you hadn't a care in the world," I was trying to remain calm, but my voice was growing stronger now, "And then that other 'little row' we had the next day, the one in which MY BROTHER AND YOU WERE HAVING A WRESTLING MATCH AND THEN YOU SHOVED ME FOR TELLING INTO TE WALL AND I GOT AMNESIA AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME FOR ABOUT 11 YEARS, well, you should know that I DON'T CARE, and I NEVER CARED,  and nothing you ever said to me made an impression. Ever. And you should know that I never really liked you either."
Taylor blinked several times before saying, "That was an exact quote, wasn't it?"
"Yes, it was. And just so you know, after the next sentence I say to you I'm never talking to you again, because I think it's the last thing you should hear from me. Taylor, I never really liked you."

HERE IS A REVISED VERSION PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS ONE NOT THE FIRST ONE

Taylor stopped and looked at me. "Are you Lily?"
I nodded.
Luke stood up. "Hey. What's your name?"
I could tell his smile was forced. I had already warned him about what Taylor had done to me.
"Taylor. And you?"
"Luke. How did you meet Lily?"
Taylor's eyes darted over to me and back to Luke's shoulder. Neither would look the other in the eye.
"She was in my fourth grade class."
Luke said, "She was in my fifth grade class."
Suddenly, their eyes met and they seemed to be trying to stare each other down.
"Yeah, I've known her a long time."
Silence. We were all silent for a while. They were still staring each other down. Finally I decided to say something, but apparently Taylor thought so too, because he said, "We had a little bit of a row at the end of the year, though."
I sighed. I knew this would come up soon.
"I've been told," said Luke icily.
"You have?" Taylor raised his eyebrows.
Luke scoffed. "I think I have, actually," he said sarcastically.
"And who told you?"
"Lily?"
"But I thought-"
Taylor turned to me.
"I thought you got amnesia."
"I did, for a while. Then I remembered. The whole story. Every bit. Especially the part about YOU NEVER REALLY LIKING ME!"
"What?"
Taylor put on a façade of not remembering and said, "I never said that!"
"Oh, yes you did! Remember? It was May 17... I was making paper snowflakes... I was sitting by the pencil sharpener and the window..."
"Oh, that? That was just minor-"
"THAT WAS NOT JUST MINOR!" I said. "That was cruel, Taylor, cruel, but I think I should tell you, right now, that I NEVER REALLY LIKED YOU, ever, and nothing you ever said to me made an impression, and I NEVER REALLY LIKED YOU."
"Was that an exact quote?" asked Taylor, not looking at me anymore and instead looking at  a spot on the wall between my shoulder and the window.
"Yes, it was. And I don't think I'll ever speak to you again."
And with that, I stalked off.

Okay, was that one better? Or was the first one?

Ur awesome.
me two.
wanna be "awesome buddies"?

Posted By:
InternetOwl
InternetOwl
StarStarStarStar
It's actually really good. ^^
So I'd say yes, though this bit:

"SpaceKitty14" wrote:

Finally I decided to say something, but apparently Taylor thought so too, because he said, "We had a little bit of a row at the end of the year, though."

"If you're talking about the time when you suddenly decided you didn't like me," I started, "And then you just stalked off like you hadn't a care in the world," I was trying to remain calm, but my voice was growing stronger now, "And then that other 'little row' we had the next day, the one in which MY BROTHER AND YOU WERE HAVING A WRESTLING MATCH AND THEN YOU SHOVED ME FOR TELLING INTO TE WALL AND I GOT AMNESIA AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME FOR ABOUT 11 YEARS, well, you should know that I DON'T CARE, and I NEVER CARED,  and nothing you ever said to me made an impression. Ever. And you should know that I never really liked you either."

Taylor blinked several times before saying, "That was an exact quote, wasn't it?"

Seems a bit rushed near the end, imho, but only because she's suddenly explaining everything that seemed to make them break up in one, quite long, sentence. 

But otherwise, yes it's awesome and you should use it.

Posted By:
brunostar Lock
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
...yea....

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

SPOILER
CLICK IT
I KNOW YOU WANT TO
JUST CLICK IT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A SPOON
DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
Alverdine Lock
Alverdine
StarStarStarStar
this is great. keep up the good work.smile

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

what does the signature above you tell?

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

Kendrick Lamar vs Rich Homie Quan

latest videos