Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

"Must Haves" when writing.

Posted By:
bethdebomb
bethdebomb
Star

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've decided that to be a successful writer you need several "Must Haves." 1) You need to use EXCELLENT grammar and spelling. This should be a given. If you're writing a deep, meaningful story and or poem and you tYP3 lyk D1S no one will take you seriously and you'll look silly. 2) You need a plot and or story that flows. It has to make sense. You cannot just randomly put a plot change in the story. There needs to be things that lead up to it. 3) You absolutely need to learn to take criticism. You cannot get upset because someone doesn't like your story. If someone says your writing is bad, ask them how you can improve. Do not take it personal. 4) Make your writing interesting. You need to keep the reader involved somehow. If it's something boring like: "This is Steve. Steve is cool. Steve walked outside and then he saw a bird. Steve..." It's boring. If you typed: "This is Steve, and he's frickin' AWESOME. Steve kicked his door open and saw a bald eagle wrapped in the American flag..." That's interesting. People will want to keep reading. 5) Establish your writing style and stick to it. When I need to write something like a speech for my public speaking class, I include cynicism, sarcasm, humor and other things. But also, I include valid points. This is my writing style. People can expect what I'm going to write. They don't know what I will, but they will always expect something good. I hope this helps some of you aspiring authors and writers out there! Much love, Jack
thanks

i need help

Posted By:
BehindTheseHazelEyes Lock
BehindTheseHazelEyes
StarStarStarStarStar
Thank you, it really was helpful. :3

Watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow, one step closer. I have died everyday waiting for you, darling, don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.♥

. . .

Posted By:
the_girl_in_red
the_girl_in_red
StarStarStar
Your advice was really helpful and I agree that to be a successful writer you need all those things....smile

All OuR DrEeAmS cAn CoMe TrUe, If We HaVe ThE cOuRaGe To PuRsUe ThEm.-Walt Disney

Posted By:
princessminnie12_1870574 Lock
princessminnie12_1870574
Star
nice and they could help ppl

Posted By:
brandon1013
brandon1013
StarStar
lets see who can write more poems, poetry, and stories.

brandon1013

Posted By:
mousiesaytikytok22
mousiesaytikytok22
StarStarStar
i dont post mine here there on my profile

~!my boo!~

Posted By:
Love P.R:)
StarStar
You are very correct but um...wat r we talkin bout here???? Frustrated

Posted By:
StarStar
You should have a signature cuzz wat if u divorce um..where u gnna sing if u dnt have a signature???? yea umm explain

Posted By:
4everKate Lock
4everKate
StarStarStarStar
Awesome! Thanx!

Posted By:
Lorcan Furey
Lorcan Furey
StarStarStarStarStar
Good advice for when I write a story!

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Nicknames by Livi x3

Nicknames by Livi x3

Your friends here, that have left

Frozen or Malificent?

mean

The Million Pages Thread

latest videos