Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Tomoe Yuki98
Tomoe Yuki98
StarStarStarStarStar
Hello!  Today, I would like to give you some tips on how to form a character whether it be for a roleplay, movie, poem, etc. Name       Figure out what you want your story to be and what role your character will play.  Is he a dark, lonely person who saves the day?   Write down some adjectives that describe your character.  Pick some and search for some names that mean your word.  Also, figure out the nationality of your character.  If she's Chinese, she probably wouldn't have a name such as Bailey. Personality       This is easier to form before you choose your name and physical looks, but some like to do this vise versa.  Mary Sues and Gary Lous are the worst and the most boring characters, so don't make any!  Physical Looks       You should have a image of your character in mind so your audience is not completely oblivious to how they look.  Sometimes, a description doesn't come until much later after you meet the character, which could be a dissappointment to some.  I know when I was reading Les Miserables, I always though of Enjolras as dark haired, when he's blonde.  Yeah... But you don't want to drop everything about the character on your audience all in one place.  Perhaps this: "Her dark, wavy tresses tumbled down her back as she undid the bun her fretful mother made her wear," and then a couple pages or chapters later: "She looked around the room, her light eyes wide with fear."  It depends on what your story is about.  Nationality and Setting        If your character lives in America during the 1800s, then I doubt you will find a high class, girly girl wearing breeches and a tri-cornered hat.  If your character is from a time period or place you don't really know about, then research.  I swear, the internet is my best friend when I'm writing my stories (which almost always take place in France). Thanks for reading!  Good luck on your character formation and story!  If you have any questions, you can either leave a comment here or on my profile.  I hoped this helped! smile

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
-Inspired-
-Inspired-
StarStarStarStar
This is really good advice. Some people just make all their characters (except for the star of the show) flat, which makes the story dull. Thanks! 

It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not being able to love.
--Miguel de Unamuno

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Tomoe Yuki98
Tomoe Yuki98
StarStarStarStarStar
Thanks for thinking so!

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
JiminyCrispies
JiminyCrispies
StarStarStarStarStar
Great help! Thanks for making this, it'll really come in useful xD

Jag och min valp, Elvis

Me and my pup Elvis [ whispers ] I woke him up to do this c:

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Tomoe Yuki98
Tomoe Yuki98
StarStarStarStarStar
Any questions?

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
This is the awesome advise and thank you for posting this topic [done] Wink Nose

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Tomoe Yuki98
Tomoe Yuki98
StarStarStarStarStar
Thanks and [thanks] Wink

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
mattyo7 Lock
mattyo7
StarStarStarStarStar
Cool!

Left.

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
mybestfriendlauren_2083156 Lock
mybestfriendlauren_2083156
StarStarStarStar
Hello!  Today, I would like to give you some tips on how to form a character whether it be for a roleplay, movie, poem, etc.Name Alex russo  alex russo is a magical wizard she got a crush on dean will she stay being wizard or foward to the real thing

taken by my boyfriend

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
KieggerGoesRAWR
KieggerGoesRAWR
StarStarStarStar

"mybestfriendlauren" wrote:

Hello! Today, I would like to give you some tips on how to form a character whether it be for a roleplay, movie, poem, etc.Name Alex russo alex russo is a magical wizard she got a crush on dean will she stay being wizard or foward to the real thing
You got that from wizards of waverly place O.O

Kiegger Rose Gallego♥

← Previous 1 3 4 5

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

I am pretty new

The Alphabet Game-moved

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

I am pretty new

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

Frozen or Malificent?

latest videos