Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Ayumi 'Boom' Gal
Ayumi 'Boom' Gal
StarStarStarStarStar
Great advice! :3 I know now how to create characters! xD And mybrdtriendlauren did get that from Wizards Of Waverly Places, which is not advice and doesn't help me at all... But this thread is great!

The Vampire Diaries.

ME DEMON DAMON xD

This show is my life. I love Mystic Fall boys. ♥

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Nina0122 Lock
Nina0122
Star
Thx that really helped me. i wrote a level 5 piece of writing

Nina0122

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
SnazzySkittles
SnazzySkittles
StarStarStarStarStar
Good thread! xD

Visit Millie & Briony's Collage Place.(:

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
pritymistycandy1
pritymistycandy1
Star
you can think about what youre carracter likesmayby he or she can be like you. make it with youre imagination or hart.

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
tt52501
tt52501
StarStar
I am only 11 and go to a lot of programs for writing and when I wrote my second book I made a girl named Flana she just wanted to be a fairy but she got made fun of because she wrote stories. Flana also had no friends like a girl named Macey. The girls were both made fun of because they were different. This is the things to keep in mind when making a character:  The name, make the name easy at first try to make something up The background,  make the background something like someone you know don't make a girl in like 4th grade have a baby that would not happen Last is the way they act, Make a girl/boy be mean to start with and then make a person who is made fun of it is a good start I have written 3 books my first one is called the cat in the woods then I wrote Flutter then I wrote the Italian owls. smile I hope these tips help you get on the right track to write a story  Love I love to write and you should to Love you guys  

It's hard to remember the late time you complemented me. So everyday I cry remembering what you said. I
wish you said some more. I hope you know who you
are when I really say this. I am going to miss you after this. "I am in Misery" said the wise Adam Levine. I hope this means something to you cuz it really
truly means something to me. Love me

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
caykay5
caykay5
Star
When you write a fiction book you have to use your imagination. When I create a character I think of my friends personalities is the character loyal, funny or whatever your friend is like. Then you figure out the name of your character. Maybe something that suits the personality. When you've done that you figure out what your character looks like. WHAT KIND OF CHARACTER DOSN'T LOOK LIKE SOMETHING! And now you have a... FICTIONAL CHARACTER! 

everyone's different in their own way

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Ethan the Duck
Ethan the Duck
Star
thats great advice

ethan

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
secretagentman
secretagentman
Star
bgy6tfgfrde

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Dimentio667_2185830 Lock
Dimentio667_2185830
StarStarStarStar
Here are my tips for creating characters for stories. I've been a veteran of the Roleplay section, which to me, is identical to stories, it's just multiple people add unknown variables and play it out. I've been writing character sheets for years, and people commend me on my forms, because they say that many of my characters can almost be visualized as real people within this world. Here's my advice for these provided things: Name: catchy and made up names can catch someone's eye, but other names, and especially if they are named after someone else, like having last names Rossi and Baggia (these were Catholic saints). But if you come up with a name from your head that has never been heard of, it has an effect on your audience to make them think your character is extraordinary because their names aren't ordinary. A couple of my own made up names are 'Aryn Nerevarine' or 'Auriel Galadriel Helseth'. (please dont steal them...) Age: this can define your characters aspect greatly and seriiously effect how your character might react to plot twists in your story. Divorce of your character's parents, for example. Adult characters would accept it, knowing there was nothing they could do to make Mom and Dad happy. Children of elementary school age, may never understand why, and could greatly change their personality. The worst is for teenage characters, old enough to comprehend, but unable to accept, making it hard on the character. This also can greatly affect personality. This is a factor that cannot be overlooked. Looks/Wearing: this is where you can set a character up as flat, or so realistic that your reader can almost picture him or her. Don't use pictures; describe your character. For looks, describe things like hair, eye color, skin tone, frame and physique, height, weight, and signs of age. Wearing, obviously is hoodies or trenchcoats, tshirts or sweaters, jeans or slacks, sneakers and boots. But remember; try not to make it simple! Go into detail! Don't just say 'long brown hair', describe the hair! How far in length does it go? What's a better description of the 'tone' of brown color? Is it buzzcut, short, long, straight, or curly? Is it unkempt, or neatly groomed? Hairspray or grease? Stuff like that. Because instead of 'medium long brown hair' can more easily visualized if you say 'auburn long brown hair, which is straight and unkempt, hanging freely from his/her head, but barely touches his/her shoulders and collarbone'. But don't stop there? What about a more distinct eye color, or a CHANGING eye color? White pale or neatly suntanned, gypsy's skin? Is your character thin, flexible and graceful, or big and muscular? Are her thighs thin, or well-toned? Hourglass waists? Thin delicate hands? What about clothes? Is her black trenchcoat dirty, tattered, shiny with silver metal decorations? Thigh high high heel stilettos, or plain white sneakers? The possibilities are endless, but this can really make or break your character. Bio/personality: hmm... Anti-social recluse and goody two-shoes prodigy, or hearty and rough rebel? Look at people you know, best friends, and try to put their personalities into biographies; not the hobbies, but their traits, how they act around friends and strangers, what they often tend to do in ridiculous or life threatening situations. Intelligent, or challenged? Conservative or liberal? For personalities, how you describe your now visualized character and how he/she acts, will transfer them from 2D into 3D. As for Bio, you can get major brownie points for this. Maybe in a fantasy story, your character is a dragonslayer. Why is he/she a dragonslayer? Did a dragon kill your family, friends or burn his/her village? Or in a modern setting, where occupation, living space, relatives and dark secrets of the past matter. Was your character sheltered, or did they live freely? Were they a slave to heartbreak, or were they it's master? Maybe their family died, or your character had a traumatic experience. Explain! Other: add anything your character has not been provided. Weapons, armor, or special trinkets, crushes, etc. Just add it here. I hope this helps all of you. I've done my best to help you out...

"Humans only exist to feed. They become the bane of their existence to feed their hunger. I am the only 'sane' human in existence. Nothing you possess holds any intrinsic value to me. You are nothing but a pestilence to be removed from this world. My name is Legion, and I exist to prove a point, at any cost... Can you guess what it is?"

How to Form a Character

Posted By:
Shadeslayer13 Lock
Shadeslayer13
StarStarStarStarStar
Here's a bit of what I learned and hold myself to for personal quality, having roleplayed and DM'd for quite some time now. Name: I try to blend style and realism here. Names like Walter, Tom, Selene, are all names I like to use and have used, and I personally lean towards European names, because they sound nice and I use Western settings. I think the most outlandish I ever used was "Engel", which, unless the internet lied to me, is a German name. I'd suggest avoiding very outlandish names like Haelfyre, Elysana, nyteshade, names that are misspellings of common names or words, and similar. They sound silly, and try too hard to be edgy or deep, making your character appear that way as well. Looks: Again, I mix style and realism. The best outfits are loud enough to be seen, but grounded enough to be plausible and fit into the setting. One thing I'd suggest avoiding is the overuse of one color, such as all black clothes. I'd also suggest to stay away from trenchcoats, because to be honest, they're overused nowadays. Maybe if you played a 1930s detective I'd understand, but they're not something people tend to wear, and I only put characters in them on occasion. When describing it, you could go all out with detail, but I personally prefer to give relatively simple descriptions and general designs, allowing the reader to visualize it himself. Besides this, I believe it more important to note how it's worn, whether it's clean and tidy suit, a dingy jacket, etc., because that hints at the character's lifestyle and personality. Age: Really up to the writer/player, but I prefer at least fifteen, especially if they need experience in something. I know a lot of people here like shonen anime type characters, but I like mine to have a more believable amount of time to learn what they need, be it fighting, magic, you name it. For this reason, I tend to make characters in their twenties, to mix the realism with a youthful, dashing appearance. Bio: Alright, this is the good part. This is how you tell people how your character who he is and why. You need at least a bit here, about your character's hobbies, likes, dislikes, moral standing, and general personality. It's also a good idea to give a bit of history, if only to explain, for example, their incredible sword skills, especially if you don't want to handwave it as "Oh, he's a self trained prodigy". That's pretty lazy writing, as well as silly, and it's more rewarding to go into it  a bit here. For example, I made a knight who, despite being fairly young, was a pretty good swordsman, but he had a background written out where his grandfather had trained him most of his life in that and several other skills. Just that little bit added to his character and grounded him as a realistic, believable character. One more thing, don't give them a personality trait you aren't willing or ready to play. If I describe a character as witty, you better believe I'm going to be thinking up something to say all the time. For this same reason I tend to avoid angsty characters, because I'm not a fan of, or good with, angst and brooding.

Praise the Sun

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

How much battery has you got right now?

TYPE THE FIRST ALPHABET YOU SEE ON KEYBOARD!

latest videos