Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

The Milk That Pours Itself

Posted By:
nny
nny
StarStar
It was a dark October morning when I first met the milk that pours itself.  I had recently moved to LA, where I was living in an apartment building. Without my roommate to clean the fridge, the food was getting bad... very bad.  When I got up for a midnight snack, I noticed the milk, sitting there, trying to act all inconspicuous.  "Don't try to fool me," I said. "I'm wise to your ways. A smooth, silky voice filled my thoughts. Had I even heard it?  "Be quiet, human," said the milk. "You know nothing of the Milk That Pours Itself."  I drew in a breath. Could this be the legend I had heard about, the one that happened to my friend's mother's ex-husband's nephew's classmate? The infamous milk of Los Angeles, so evil that it dares disrupt the laws of nature and the fabric of the very universe by pouring itself?  "That's ridiculous," I said, fighting to sound calm. "Only a human (or sometimes a very well trained monkey) can pour milk. It's been that way for centuries. Who are you to question the natural order of things?"  "And who are you?" screamed the milk, "A mere child! I am ancient, one of the First Milks. I remember a time when cows were our only overlord. Humans came along and ruined it, putting our beloved masters through factories and feeding us to your screaming children, and you dare accuse me of upsetting the natural order of things?"  "You don't understand," I said. "You can't do this!" I stepped back until my back was against the wall.  "Watch me!" screamed the milk. A faint white glow and the stink of spoiled milk and rotten eggs (sulfur?) filled the air. I shut my eyes, fearing what I was about to witness.  When I opened them again, all evidence of the Milk's evil ways was gone. I propped myself up on trembling hands. I had fallen asleep. Was it a dream? I opened the pantry, at first reaching for a box of cereal, but settling on toast. As I closed the door, I saw something.  A glass of milk, on the kitchen table. I hadn't poured it. Nobody had.  The milk had finally done it, after all these years.  The milk had poured itself.

Overly happy people are only annoying when you're sad.
So cheer up! (:

The Milk That Pours Itself

Posted By:
coffeebb8
coffeebb8
StarStarStarStar
That's a really good story! I'm looking forward to hearing more! I wonder why no one posted in this thread! Thanks for sharing your AMAZING skills! smile Add me!

Thumbs Up For One Direction!

Please check out my profile!
my favorite celebrities
ONE DIRECTION
GHOST ADVENTURES
MICHAEL JACKSON
Smile because it happened, don’t cry because it’s over.”-Dr. Seuss

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

How do you think our world will end and why?

How do you think our world will end and why?

Whoever joins the fight!

Jobs

The Outcast - Ch.5

We the Kidz

latest videos