Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
JiminyCrispies
JiminyCrispies
StarStarStarStarStar
Herro guys! Re-posting this short story for Vanessa x']  Goodnight Lyra  Countless hours passed by as Mrs. Rissco paced up and down the wide corridors, tugging on the ends of her sleeves anxiously. Her heart pounded hard against her chest so forcefully that she thought the people passing by her could hear it. Beads of sweat ran down her colorless face as she glanced around her, unable to think of anything else but what was happening then.     A nervous tension consumed her as Nurse Shore walked out of a room, searching for Mrs. Rissco in the half empty hallway. Mrs. Rissco’s eyes met the nurse’s as she slowly made her way over to her.  This is it. This is when she finds out whether her daughter will live or die.  “Is she-” But Mrs. Rissco’s throat had already obtained a lump as she spoke. Nurse Shore took a deep breath and looked down to the ground, shaking her head sorrowfully.  “I’m sorry,” she said quietly, her eyes looking back up to Mrs. Rissco, “But there’s nothing else we can do for her.”  Mrs. Rissco collapsed to the ground in loud sobs, her arms wrapped around her tightly as a way of comforting herself. Nurse Shore bent down and put her arm around Mrs. Rissco’s shoulders quietly.     “H-how long d-does sh-she have?” Mrs. Rissco stammered through her cries, her vision blurred over with the heavy tears that had formed in her eyes.  “Not long, a couple hours at the most,” the nurse replied, then stood up.  “Can I see her now?” Mrs. Rissco asked, looking up to Nurse Shore with a tear-stained face. The nurse blinked quickly a few times before nodding her head silently. She walked over to Mrs. Rissco’s daughter’s room and pushed it, holding it open for Mrs. Rissco to walk in.     Cautiously she entered, stepping over slowly to her daughter’s bed where she found her sleeping soundly. She smiled and gently stroked her chestnut hair from her face, blinking back fresh tears. Her daughter’s serene hazel eyes fluttered open and found their way to her mother’s, shining with happiness that she’s there.  “Mommy?” her daughter whispered, lifting her head up, “Mommy, why are you crying?”  “Oh, Lyra,” Mrs. Rissco said, taking her daughter’s hand in hers, “Mommy wasn’t crying.”     She stared at Lyra, thoughts scrolling through her mind of reasons her daughter shouldn’t be taken from her. She had never had enough experiences. Love. Passion. Heartbreak. None of those. And she never would.      Lyra stared at her mother, her big hazel eyes showing her uncertainty. Then a smile appeared on the six year olds face, growing larger by the second.  “Nurse Shore said I’m going to see Lanta, am I really going to see her?” she asked, her grin not leaving her face. Mrs. Rissco couldn’t help but smile at her daughter, and nodded slowly.  “Yes, you’ll see your big sister,” she replies, her voice cracking as she spoke, “You’re going to heaven because you’ve been a good girl, haven’t you?”  Lyra grinned at her mom, nodding her head quickly and enthusiastically.     At this point, Lyra knew she was going for good. Leaving. Forever.  “I’ve got to go now Mommy,” Lyra said after a long, silent pause, “Lanta’s calling me.”  Mrs. Rissco suddenly became frenetic and gripped Lyra’s hand tightly in hers, never wanting to let go. Neither of them spoke as Lyra laid her head back down onto her soft, white hospital pillow.  “Night Mommy,” she said once she was comfortable, “Tell Daddy I love him.”  Mrs. Rissco suddenly started crying hysterically as Lyra said this and she leant forward, pulling her daughter into a lengthy hug.  “I will, honey,” she murmured in her ear as she cuddled her daughter, “I will.”       Lyra’s monitor let out a long, everlasting beep.     Her heart had stopped.  “Goodnight Lyra,” Mrs. Rissco whispered to her, a tear dripping onto Lyra’s lifeless body, “Sleep tight sweetheart.”  Mrs. Rissco had known her daughter wasn’t going to get through it and live out the rest of her life.  As much as she didn’t want to admit it, she had known.  She had come to accept that.  And somehow, little Lyra had known.  She had always known. 

Jag och min valp, Elvis

Me and my pup Elvis [ whispers ] I woke him up to do this c:

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
Vanessa Shay
Vanessa Shay
StarStarStar
WOW! THIS STORY IS BEYOND WORDS!

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
JiminyCrispies
JiminyCrispies
StarStarStarStarStar
Aww thanks, glad you like it. 

Jag och min valp, Elvis

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
prppydawg294
prppydawg294
StarStarStarStarStar
AWWWW! That's so sad....

"I love how I see a zombie coming towards me and it doesn't faze me too much, but I see a flash of light and freak out."
~Simon from The Yogscast

¡ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן uʍop ǝpısdn ʎuunɟ ʞooן no⅄ ¡ɥɐ

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
Sage_kittycat
Sage_kittycat
StarStarStarStarStar
ohgodwhy my feels *dies*

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
CrazeeMonkey
CrazeeMonkey
StarStarStarStarStar
*speechless*

u havin a giggle m8? il bash ye head in i swear on me mum.

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
JiminyCrispies
JiminyCrispies
StarStarStarStarStar
x3  Thanks for reading it guys x'] 

Jag och min valp, Elvis

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
Super-Girl16
Super-Girl16
StarStarStarStarStar
It's really good.

Window snap.

Let the storm rage on.♥

Goodnight Lyra

Posted By:
JiminyCrispies
JiminyCrispies
StarStarStarStarStar
Thanks x'] 

Jag och min valp, Elvis

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

Are You A Tom Boy Or A Girly Girl?

Cricket vs Football

This or That??

WHO IS UR CELEB CRUSH

Cricket vs Football

YO MAMA JOKES START HERE