x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Prove to me gay marriage is wrong

Posted By:
Ayreon Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Ayreon
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 121
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Ayreon" wrote:


Samuel Clemens used the name of Mark Twain to publish.


How do I know if Paul is not really Jeff Kinney?
Because they didn't have video games back then.


What if it was Nicholas Cage then?


Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago


"Ayreon" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"Ayreon" wrote:






Samuel Clemens used the name of Mark Twain to publish.




How do I know if Paul is not really Jeff Kinney?
Because they didn't have video games back then.


What if it was Nicholas Cage then?
They didn't have Ferraris or The President's Book of Secrets back then either. They never drove angry, didn't have motorcycles changing into demon bikes, and they did not have 8MM's back then either.


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:












"AlphaT" wrote:















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:


















"AlphaT" wrote:





















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:
























"puppylove777" wrote:
















FYI yes it is,to me. Evryone should be following god. Do you, know how your her, god. You know why youre on this earth god, gay.marriage is wrong. We arent suppose to marry our own gender. Its.not the way God demands!!!!


If you don't want to marry someone of your own gender, then don't. 

But people who do want to should be able to. Your religion is just one religion amongst many. It shouldn't have any influence on the laws that effect the rights of people of every religion. 
I believe they should have the right of civil union, but not being married by a pastor or rabbi or even a Sensei.


Holy matrimony and state marriage are two different things. There are already churches that perform marriages for gay couples, and since that's up to each individual church/pastor, I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm talking about the legal side of it, the stuff like hospital visitation rights, tax write-offs, housing rules, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and should not be defined by Christianity or any religion. I don't see why gays need their own term for their marriage. It's just another form of discrimination. Another way of saying blacks can drink from water fountains, they just have to drink from different water fountains. 
Its wrong for a church to wed gay people. That's mainbase ground zero fact. You're contributing against The Bible. It's not discrimination also, its wrong, you shouldn't do it, and you fight against bad things. It's a sin to lie, thus, you should stop from lying as best you can and teach others not to lie. Get it? Gay people are humans too, they should have civil union just like any other human, but when it comes to God and Marriage and being wed under God, that's when I disagree with it.


I don't care whether it's wrong or not, it's already happening. And like I said, it will probably continue to. 

It might be immoral to lie (in most cases), but it's not illegal. You might think gay marriage is immoral, but you shouldn't think that it should be illegal. 

They are humans, American citizens, and that's why they should be able to get married not under your god, but under the state. Just like any other American. Calling it something else is discrimination. The straight people can get married, the gay people get civil unions. The white people get this water fountain, the black people get that one over there. Just swapping out terms and eras.
Well, I do care about things being wrong, the only difference. Okay let me take this from a diff. approach. All sin is equal, so stealing would be appropriate in this and is also illegal. I do believe in civil union, but Never EVER under God. Look, is it wrong for many reasons, and it is not discrimination.


I don't care about the morality of a couple's private decision to take the next step in their relationship to marriage because it has no effect on me whatsoever. It is none of my business. It is also none of your or the churches business. 

All sin might be equal, but we can't just insert Christianity into state law. And again, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and because of this neither Christianity or the Christian idea of marriage should get reserves on the term "Marriage". Your claims to this are based in religion, not law. What if it were proposed that only gays can have marriages, and straights can have civil unions? Would that be discrimination? Of course. Or, what if same-race couples can get married, but interracial couples can only get civil unions? This really is just another kind of discrimination.

State marriage, which is not under your God or any god, should be defined by state principles. For this, we should look to the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I think this is pretty clear. We are all equal here. We should all have the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage is an action that two people who love each other take to pursue those goals. 
I admire your passion for long posts. First of all, Its not my business. Its God's. I'm simply trying to follow God and his teachings. I'm not saying we insert any religion to state law. I say, they get the right of civil union, but you should not bring a sinful relationship to The Church. Okay, put it like this...if you rob a bank, is it fair to be let go because some Joe Schmo didn't rob a bank and he is not sentenced to prison? Can you argue discrimination? No, because that person robbed a bank, and he is in prison, the person who did not, does not go to prison.  I kind of summed up the whole declaration deal with Vertigo.


God has no place in deciding the terminology that gay people get to be married with in a STATE MARRIAGE. 

State marriage is entirely separate from the idea of religious marriage. There is no cerimony. You just get a certificate of marriage, showing that as far as the US Government is concerned that these two people live together, are a single tax unit, and a bunch of other rights that non-married couples don't have. 

I have no clue what robbing a bank has to do with government marriage. It is discrimination because you are targeting one group of citizens and saying that they don't have the same rights. 

Also, it matters very little me about the results of a debate between you and Vertigo. I've probably had to repeat debates on this site more times than you've posted. 

Posted By:
SwaggySamix3 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
SwaggySamix3
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 65
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"SwaggySamix3" wrote:


Let me remind you all that in the Bible it also says that it is a sin to cut your hair, a sin to mate different animals, a sin to wear different kinds ## #####, and a sin to plant different kinds of seed in a field.



Before you start quoting the Bible, make sure you know what else is in there. Liking the same ### is just the same as lying, which everyone does daily. 



Being gay doesn't make you a devil child. 
Levitican Laws, New covenant changed some stuff.


Levitican laws that God told Moses to repeat to all of the Israelites.  


Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:









"AlphaT" wrote:












"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:















"AlphaT" wrote:


















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:





















"AlphaT" wrote:
























"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



























"puppylove777" wrote:


















FYI yes it is,to me. Evryone should be following god. Do you, know how your her, god. You know why youre on this earth god, gay.marriage is wrong. We arent suppose to marry our own gender. Its.not the way God demands!!!!


If you don't want to marry someone of your own gender, then don't. 

But people who do want to should be able to. Your religion is just one religion amongst many. It shouldn't have any influence on the laws that effect the rights of people of every religion. 
I believe they should have the right of civil union, but not being married by a pastor or rabbi or even a Sensei.


Holy matrimony and state marriage are two different things. There are already churches that perform marriages for gay couples, and since that's up to each individual church/pastor, I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm talking about the legal side of it, the stuff like hospital visitation rights, tax write-offs, housing rules, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and should not be defined by Christianity or any religion. I don't see why gays need their own term for their marriage. It's just another form of discrimination. Another way of saying blacks can drink from water fountains, they just have to drink from different water fountains. 
Its wrong for a church to wed gay people. That's mainbase ground zero fact. You're contributing against The Bible. It's not discrimination also, its wrong, you shouldn't do it, and you fight against bad things. It's a sin to lie, thus, you should stop from lying as best you can and teach others not to lie. Get it? Gay people are humans too, they should have civil union just like any other human, but when it comes to God and Marriage and being wed under God, that's when I disagree with it.


I don't care whether it's wrong or not, it's already happening. And like I said, it will probably continue to. 

It might be immoral to lie (in most cases), but it's not illegal. You might think gay marriage is immoral, but you shouldn't think that it should be illegal. 

They are humans, American citizens, and that's why they should be able to get married not under your god, but under the state. Just like any other American. Calling it something else is discrimination. The straight people can get married, the gay people get civil unions. The white people get this water fountain, the black people get that one over there. Just swapping out terms and eras.
Well, I do care about things being wrong, the only difference. Okay let me take this from a diff. approach. All sin is equal, so stealing would be appropriate in this and is also illegal. I do believe in civil union, but Never EVER under God. Look, is it wrong for many reasons, and it is not discrimination.


I don't care about the morality of a couple's private decision to take the next step in their relationship to marriage because it has no effect on me whatsoever. It is none of my business. It is also none of your or the churches business. 

All sin might be equal, but we can't just insert Christianity into state law. And again, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and because of this neither Christianity or the Christian idea of marriage should get reserves on the term "Marriage". Your claims to this are based in religion, not law. What if it were proposed that only gays can have marriages, and straights can have civil unions? Would that be discrimination? Of course. Or, what if same-race couples can get married, but interracial couples can only get civil unions? This really is just another kind of discrimination.

State marriage, which is not under your God or any god, should be defined by state principles. For this, we should look to the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I think this is pretty clear. We are all equal here. We should all have the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage is an action that two people who love each other take to pursue those goals. 
I admire your passion for long posts. First of all, Its not my business. Its God's. I'm simply trying to follow God and his teachings. I'm not saying we insert any religion to state law. I say, they get the right of civil union, but you should not bring a sinful relationship to The Church. Okay, put it like this...if you rob a bank, is it fair to be let go because some Joe Schmo didn't rob a bank and he is not sentenced to prison? Can you argue discrimination? No, because that person robbed a bank, and he is in prison, the person who did not, does not go to prison.  I kind of summed up the whole declaration deal with Vertigo.


God has no place in deciding the terminology that gay people get to be married with in a STATE MARRIAGE. 

State marriage is entirely separate from the idea of religious marriage. There is no cerimony. You just get a certificate of marriage, showing that as far as the US Government is concerned that these two people live together, are a single tax unit, and a bunch of other rights that non-married couples don't have. 

I have no clue what robbing a bank has to do with government marriage. It is discrimination because you are targeting one group of citizens and saying that they don't have the same rights. 

Also, it matters very little me about the results of a debate between you and Vertigo. I've probably had to repeat debates on this site more times than you've posted. 
I get that, but when its a BOND IN GOD,  then he does have say. Church wise. Like I said, they should get civil union, but not church marriage get it? Is it discrimination to say that a robber goes to jail while a non robber does not go to jail because you are targeting robbers? No it is not because they did wrong. Understand? Well then make it easier and just click to pg. 5 or 6.


Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"SwaggySamix3" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"SwaggySamix3" wrote:




Let me remind you all that in the Bible it also says that it is a sin to cut your hair, a sin to mate different animals, a sin to wear different kinds ## #####, and a sin to plant different kinds of seed in a field.




Before you start quoting the Bible, make sure you know what else is in there. Liking the same ### is just the same as lying, which everyone does daily. 




Being gay doesn't make you a devil child. 
Levitican Laws, New covenant changed some stuff.


Levitican laws that God told Moses to repeat to all of the Israelites.  
Yes. To preserve the Israelite nation. Jesus came and fulfilled the new covenant.


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:












"AlphaT" wrote:















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:


















"AlphaT" wrote:





















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:
























"AlphaT" wrote:



























"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






























"puppylove777" wrote:




















FYI yes it is,to me. Evryone should be following god. Do you, know how your her, god. You know why youre on this earth god, gay.marriage is wrong. We arent suppose to marry our own gender. Its.not the way God demands!!!!


If you don't want to marry someone of your own gender, then don't. 

But people who do want to should be able to. Your religion is just one religion amongst many. It shouldn't have any influence on the laws that effect the rights of people of every religion. 
I believe they should have the right of civil union, but not being married by a pastor or rabbi or even a Sensei.


Holy matrimony and state marriage are two different things. There are already churches that perform marriages for gay couples, and since that's up to each individual church/pastor, I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm talking about the legal side of it, the stuff like hospital visitation rights, tax write-offs, housing rules, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and should not be defined by Christianity or any religion. I don't see why gays need their own term for their marriage. It's just another form of discrimination. Another way of saying blacks can drink from water fountains, they just have to drink from different water fountains. 
Its wrong for a church to wed gay people. That's mainbase ground zero fact. You're contributing against The Bible. It's not discrimination also, its wrong, you shouldn't do it, and you fight against bad things. It's a sin to lie, thus, you should stop from lying as best you can and teach others not to lie. Get it? Gay people are humans too, they should have civil union just like any other human, but when it comes to God and Marriage and being wed under God, that's when I disagree with it.


I don't care whether it's wrong or not, it's already happening. And like I said, it will probably continue to. 

It might be immoral to lie (in most cases), but it's not illegal. You might think gay marriage is immoral, but you shouldn't think that it should be illegal. 

They are humans, American citizens, and that's why they should be able to get married not under your god, but under the state. Just like any other American. Calling it something else is discrimination. The straight people can get married, the gay people get civil unions. The white people get this water fountain, the black people get that one over there. Just swapping out terms and eras.
Well, I do care about things being wrong, the only difference. Okay let me take this from a diff. approach. All sin is equal, so stealing would be appropriate in this and is also illegal. I do believe in civil union, but Never EVER under God. Look, is it wrong for many reasons, and it is not discrimination.


I don't care about the morality of a couple's private decision to take the next step in their relationship to marriage because it has no effect on me whatsoever. It is none of my business. It is also none of your or the churches business. 

All sin might be equal, but we can't just insert Christianity into state law. And again, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and because of this neither Christianity or the Christian idea of marriage should get reserves on the term "Marriage". Your claims to this are based in religion, not law. What if it were proposed that only gays can have marriages, and straights can have civil unions? Would that be discrimination? Of course. Or, what if same-race couples can get married, but interracial couples can only get civil unions? This really is just another kind of discrimination.

State marriage, which is not under your God or any god, should be defined by state principles. For this, we should look to the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I think this is pretty clear. We are all equal here. We should all have the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage is an action that two people who love each other take to pursue those goals. 
I admire your passion for long posts. First of all, Its not my business. Its God's. I'm simply trying to follow God and his teachings. I'm not saying we insert any religion to state law. I say, they get the right of civil union, but you should not bring a sinful relationship to The Church. Okay, put it like this...if you rob a bank, is it fair to be let go because some Joe Schmo didn't rob a bank and he is not sentenced to prison? Can you argue discrimination? No, because that person robbed a bank, and he is in prison, the person who did not, does not go to prison.  I kind of summed up the whole declaration deal with Vertigo.


God has no place in deciding the terminology that gay people get to be married with in a STATE MARRIAGE. 

State marriage is entirely separate from the idea of religious marriage. There is no cerimony. You just get a certificate of marriage, showing that as far as the US Government is concerned that these two people live together, are a single tax unit, and a bunch of other rights that non-married couples don't have. 

I have no clue what robbing a bank has to do with government marriage. It is discrimination because you are targeting one group of citizens and saying that they don't have the same rights. 

Also, it matters very little me about the results of a debate between you and Vertigo. I've probably had to repeat debates on this site more times than you've posted. 
I get that, but when its a BOND IN GOD,  then he does have say. Church wise. Like I said, they should get civil union, but not church marriage get it? Is it discrimination to say that a robber goes to jail while a non robber does not go to jail because you are targeting robbers? No it is not because they did wrong. Understand? Well then make it easier and just click to pg. 5 or 6.


Why should it be called a civil union instead of a marriage? 

Church marriage isn't the same thing as marriage. 

Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:









"AlphaT" wrote:












"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:















"AlphaT" wrote:


















"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:





















"AlphaT" wrote:
























"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



























"AlphaT" wrote:






























"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

































"puppylove777" wrote:






















FYI yes it is,to me. Evryone should be following god. Do you, know how your her, god. You know why youre on this earth god, gay.marriage is wrong. We arent suppose to marry our own gender. Its.not the way God demands!!!!


If you don't want to marry someone of your own gender, then don't. 

But people who do want to should be able to. Your religion is just one religion amongst many. It shouldn't have any influence on the laws that effect the rights of people of every religion. 
I believe they should have the right of civil union, but not being married by a pastor or rabbi or even a Sensei.


Holy matrimony and state marriage are two different things. There are already churches that perform marriages for gay couples, and since that's up to each individual church/pastor, I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm talking about the legal side of it, the stuff like hospital visitation rights, tax write-offs, housing rules, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and should not be defined by Christianity or any religion. I don't see why gays need their own term for their marriage. It's just another form of discrimination. Another way of saying blacks can drink from water fountains, they just have to drink from different water fountains. 
Its wrong for a church to wed gay people. That's mainbase ground zero fact. You're contributing against The Bible. It's not discrimination also, its wrong, you shouldn't do it, and you fight against bad things. It's a sin to lie, thus, you should stop from lying as best you can and teach others not to lie. Get it? Gay people are humans too, they should have civil union just like any other human, but when it comes to God and Marriage and being wed under God, that's when I disagree with it.


I don't care whether it's wrong or not, it's already happening. And like I said, it will probably continue to. 

It might be immoral to lie (in most cases), but it's not illegal. You might think gay marriage is immoral, but you shouldn't think that it should be illegal. 

They are humans, American citizens, and that's why they should be able to get married not under your god, but under the state. Just like any other American. Calling it something else is discrimination. The straight people can get married, the gay people get civil unions. The white people get this water fountain, the black people get that one over there. Just swapping out terms and eras.
Well, I do care about things being wrong, the only difference. Okay let me take this from a diff. approach. All sin is equal, so stealing would be appropriate in this and is also illegal. I do believe in civil union, but Never EVER under God. Look, is it wrong for many reasons, and it is not discrimination.


I don't care about the morality of a couple's private decision to take the next step in their relationship to marriage because it has no effect on me whatsoever. It is none of my business. It is also none of your or the churches business. 

All sin might be equal, but we can't just insert Christianity into state law. And again, the idea of marriage predates Christianity, and because of this neither Christianity or the Christian idea of marriage should get reserves on the term "Marriage". Your claims to this are based in religion, not law. What if it were proposed that only gays can have marriages, and straights can have civil unions? Would that be discrimination? Of course. Or, what if same-race couples can get married, but interracial couples can only get civil unions? This really is just another kind of discrimination.

State marriage, which is not under your God or any god, should be defined by state principles. For this, we should look to the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I think this is pretty clear. We are all equal here. We should all have the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage is an action that two people who love each other take to pursue those goals. 
I admire your passion for long posts. First of all, Its not my business. Its God's. I'm simply trying to follow God and his teachings. I'm not saying we insert any religion to state law. I say, they get the right of civil union, but you should not bring a sinful relationship to The Church. Okay, put it like this...if you rob a bank, is it fair to be let go because some Joe Schmo didn't rob a bank and he is not sentenced to prison? Can you argue discrimination? No, because that person robbed a bank, and he is in prison, the person who did not, does not go to prison.  I kind of summed up the whole declaration deal with Vertigo.


God has no place in deciding the terminology that gay people get to be married with in a STATE MARRIAGE. 

State marriage is entirely separate from the idea of religious marriage. There is no cerimony. You just get a certificate of marriage, showing that as far as the US Government is concerned that these two people live together, are a single tax unit, and a bunch of other rights that non-married couples don't have. 

I have no clue what robbing a bank has to do with government marriage. It is discrimination because you are targeting one group of citizens and saying that they don't have the same rights. 

Also, it matters very little me about the results of a debate between you and Vertigo. I've probably had to repeat debates on this site more times than you've posted. 
I get that, but when its a BOND IN GOD,  then he does have say. Church wise. Like I said, they should get civil union, but not church marriage get it? Is it discrimination to say that a robber goes to jail while a non robber does not go to jail because you are targeting robbers? No it is not because they did wrong. Understand? Well then make it easier and just click to pg. 5 or 6.


Why should it be called a civil union instead of a marriage? 

Church marriage isn't the same thing as marriage. 
Because, God made Marriage. Civil Union they can do, but when it comes with The Church and God, that's when its wrong.


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:

Because, God made Marriage. Civil Union they can do, but when it comes with The Church and God, that's when its wrong.


In your religion. Your religion is but one religion in a country of many. Your religion should not impact people of all religions and none at all. If you see it as against your god to be married to someone of the same gender then by all means, please don't get married to someone of the same gender. But if there are two people who do want to, and their religious views don't conflict with it, then they should be able to. 

And again, the idea of marriage predates the idea of your God. The "one man one woman" marriage does not get any reservation to the term "Marriage". It is but one kind of marriage. There have been many different ideas of what defines a marriage throughout history. And at this point in time, in this country, a man and a man or a woman and a woman should be able to get married under the state. Not God. 

Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:


Because, God made Marriage. Civil Union they can do, but when it comes with The Church and God, that's when its wrong.


In your religion. Your religion is but one religion in a country of many. Your religion should not impact people of all religions and none at all. If you see it as against your god to be married to someone of the same gender then by all means, please don't get married to someone of the same gender. But if there are two people who do want to, and their religious views don't conflict with it, then they should be able to. 

And again, the idea of marriage predates the idea of your God. The "one man one woman" marriage does not get any reservation to the term "Marriage". It is but one kind of marriage. There have been many different ideas of what defines a marriage throughout history. And at this point in time, in this country, a man and a man or a woman and a woman should be able to get married under the state. Not God. 
Again, your ability to make lengthily paragraphs should be noted. A. I have no religion, haven't we been through this? B. I think that since mine is truth, and that we are talking about Holy Matrimony since I said they should be able to marry in the legal sense, that we should reserve the right NOT TO MARRY Gay couples in Holy Matrimony. I've told you this sine post 1. Tell me, how can Marriage predate the creator of time itself? kk just making sure that's what you believe. And I agree, if they want to go to a Marriage Mill, or be in civil union, then by all means allow it. But they should not and most likely will not be able to marry whenever they want in a church. Its against our laws, our teachings, and Against God Himself.


Latest Forum Posts

Fave Jokers in order

Fave Jokers in order

The Backwards Story

Road side Romeo VS Delhi Safari

Whats the most funnest movie ever!

Whats the most funnest movie ever!

The movie start with the letter A

Whats the most funnest movie ever!

Which is better? Original Ghostbusters or ...

Movies Recommendation

Latest Videos

Play Online Games