×
Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7

Do you support abortion? Why or why not?

Celebs cartoon cfce93feab0316bf700026de7ec97f7de6e9ad1915d2ce24ce54a99a68a2b199
Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"-KitCat-" wrote:

1. What is the cut off?

18-25 weeks, some states there is no cut off.

That's the cut off as stated by various state laws. I asked you what the cut off is, not what a random state legislature thinks the cut off should be. We're talking about the difference between killing and murder, so if there is a cut off, you should know it right?


"-KitCat-" wrote:

2. Then why does consent for the act which transplants organs serve as consent for someone else to use your organs?

you consent for them to remove your organ so someone else can use it. You also have to consent to the other person using it. If I have something removed, it does not give them consent for someone else to use it.

Example: for whatever reason I have a kidney taken out in surgery. No one can use my kidney. It's mine.

You need consent for both.

Consenting to the act which makes you pregnant inherently makes you responsible for the consequences of engaging in that act.
Example: You consent to eating nothing but fast food for an entire year. You become unhealthy. Regardless of whether or not you wanted to become unhealthy, you are responsible for the consequences of your actions. 

You don't get to kill someone because you didn't want to create them when you engaged in the very activity which created them. This should be common sense, but you think that people aren't responsible for the consequences of their actions. 
 

"-KitCat-" wrote:

The part where you show that bodily autonomy applies to a mother ending the life of her child.

just how it applies to anyone, related or not. Just because it's a matter of life or death does not mean someone is obligated to your body. Has nothing to do with responsibility. Also a woman responsibility is not to give birth.

It has everything to do with responsibility. If our obligations are the same when it comes to our children and a complete stranger, then there is nothing wrong with leaving your children cold and alone on the street. You can do that with a random stranger, because you have no obligation to their well being. But I think we can all agree that we cannot throw our children out on the streets. 

Since we do have an obligation to our own children, you need to show how this obligation stops short of not killing them while they're developing. 

"-KitCat-" wrote:

1. How does age determine our rights? Do older people have more human rights than younger people?

you gain certain rights as you get older.

Also a 5yr old does not have the human right to right to marry.

Let's not be pedantic. If you cannot see the point I'm making,  I can reform my question to "How does age determine our right to life?" 

But to your claim, we do not gain human rights as we get older. Marriage is not a human right, it's a civil right. Marriage is a privilege granted by an authority, such as the government.
Contrast this with the right to life. All people have the right to be alive simply because they are human. This right is not granted by an authority, and it exists in absence of an authority. 

And, please, let's not bring up the concept of just killing. It's an interesting red herring, but a red herring nonetheless.

"-KitCat-" wrote:

2. You keep claiming that the mother has no obligation to the life of her child, but you haven't argued for this claim. You need to present some reason why what you say is correct.

she is not obligated to give birth.

Legally she has not obligation to the fetus (unless of course she decides she wants carry to term)

Once they are born, then you have a legal obligation to the child, usually until they are 18.

So I asked you to tell me why a mother has no obligation to the life of her child, and you gave me to reasons:

1. Because she has no obligation to give birth. 

This is just a reassertion. It's not an argument for why women have no obligation to give birth, it just is the claim that women have no obligation to give birth. 

2. Because the law says she has no obligation to give birth.

Just because something is legal does not make it correct. There have been many things which the law has said that you disagree with, like the banning of gay marriage.


Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 107

"AlphaT" wrote:

"-KitCat-" wrote:

1. What is the cut off?

18-25 weeks, some states there is no cut off.

That's the cut off as stated by various state laws. I asked you what the cut off is, not what a random state legislature thinks the cut off should be. We're talking about the difference between killing and murder, so if there is a cut off, you should know it right?


"-KitCat-" wrote:

2. Then why does consent for the act which transplants organs serve as consent for someone else to use your organs?

you consent for them to remove your organ so someone else can use it. You also have to consent to the other person using it. If I have something removed, it does not give them consent for someone else to use it.

Example: for whatever reason I have a kidney taken out in surgery. No one can use my kidney. It's mine.

You need consent for both.

Consenting to the act which makes you pregnant inherently makes you responsible for the consequences of engaging in that act.
Example: You consent to eating nothing but fast food for an entire year. You become unhealthy. Regardless of whether or not you wanted to become unhealthy, you are responsible for the consequences of your actions. 

You don't get to kill someone because you didn't want to create them when you engaged in the very activity which created them. This should be common sense, but you think that people aren't responsible for the consequences of their actions. 
 

"-KitCat-" wrote:

The part where you show that bodily autonomy applies to a mother ending the life of her child.

just how it applies to anyone, related or not. Just because it's a matter of life or death does not mean someone is obligated to your body. Has nothing to do with responsibility. Also a woman responsibility is not to give birth.

It has everything to do with responsibility. If our obligations are the same when it comes to our children and a complete stranger, then there is nothing wrong with leaving your children cold and alone on the street. You can do that with a random stranger, because you have no obligation to their well being. But I think we can all agree that we cannot throw our children out on the streets. 

Since we do have an obligation to our own children, you need to show how this obligation stops short of not killing them while they're developing. 

"-KitCat-" wrote:

1. How does age determine our rights? Do older people have more human rights than younger people?

you gain certain rights as you get older.

Also a 5yr old does not have the human right to right to marry.

Let's not be pedantic. If you cannot see the point I'm making,  I can reform my question to "How does age determine our right to life?" 

But to your claim, we do not gain human rights as we get older. Marriage is not a human right, it's a civil right. Marriage is a privilege granted by an authority, such as the government.
Contrast this with the right to life. All people have the right to be alive simply because they are human. This right is not granted by an authority, and it exists in absence of an authority. 

And, please, let's not bring up the concept of just killing. It's an interesting red herring, but a red herring nonetheless.

"-KitCat-" wrote:

2. You keep claiming that the mother has no obligation to the life of her child, but you haven't argued for this claim. You need to present some reason why what you say is correct.

she is not obligated to give birth.

Legally she has not obligation to the fetus (unless of course she decides she wants carry to term)

Once they are born, then you have a legal obligation to the child, usually until they are 18.

So I asked you to tell me why a mother has no obligation to the life of her child, and you gave me to reasons:

1. Because she has no obligation to give birth. 

This is just a reassertion. It's not an argument for why women have no obligation to give birth, it just is the claim that women have no obligation to give birth. 

2. Because the law says she has no obligation to give birth.

Just because something is legal does not make it correct. There have been many things which the law has said that you disagree with, like the banning of gay marriage.

1. The cut off is what each state sets it to be. 

2. And if the most responsible thing to do is get an abortion? 

3a. I'm honestly not seeing how anything you said, had anything to do with what I said. I'm talking about body autonomy and how no one has a right to your body even if it means they will die. 

3b. I don't see where I said a parents obligations are the same for a stranger and their child. 

4a. Do you believe in the death penalty? 

5. She does not have to give birth because she can choose to. Remember body autonomy? 

6. No woman can call herself free if she does not own and control her own body. Her other rights are hollow if she is forced to carry and give birth. Being born is not a right, it's a gift. People don't ask to be born, they are forced. 

7. When should abortion be allowed? 

8. Also abortion rates are going down. 
Most abortions happen before 12 weeks. With 34% happen before 6 weeks. 
A fetus does not develop a cerebral cortex until around 24 weeks. 


Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef


"-KitCat-" wrote:


The cut off is what each state sets it to be.


Let's be clear about what we're talking about. We're talking about the point where a fetus possesses human rights. This is not determined by state law, this has to be a biological fact. 

If it's murder to kill a baby the week before they're born, then a state which says you can have an abortion up until the day of birth is allowing murder. Correct? 

So, what is the actual cut off point? Imagine if there was no government, what week of pregnancy would it be wrong to have an abortion?



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 2. And if the most responsible thing to do is get an abortion?

You'd need to show how killing your child is more responsible than not killing them.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 3a. I'm honestly not seeing how anything you said, had anything to do with what I said. I'm talking about body autonomy and how no one has a right to your body even if it means they will die.

And I'm bringing up the fact that mothers have a responsibility to their children that they do not have to other people. You say this paternal responsibility still allows for mothers to kill their children, and so you need to give us an argument for what that's the case.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 3b. I don't see where I said a parents obligations are the same for a stranger and their child.

Bodily autonomy makes sense when it's applies to random strangers. You have no responsibility to the stranger who needs an organ, so it's your choice whether to help them or not. 
You then try to apply this logic to our own children, and I'm pointing out the fact that we are more responsible for our children than we are for random strangers.  

A lack of obligation is what allows bodily autonomy. If we have an obligation to our children, you need to show how aborting them is compatible with this responsibility.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 4a. Do you believe in the death penalty?

No. This is also an interesting red herring, but a red herring just as well.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 5. She does not have to give birth because she can choose to. Remember body autonomy?

You're using circular logic. You say women can abort their babies because they can choose who uses their body. I show you that women have a responsibility to their children that they do not have to anyone else. When asked to show how this responsibility does not invalidate abortion, you reaffirm that a woman has bodily autonomy.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 6. No woman can call herself free if she does not own and control her own body. Her other rights are hollow if she is forced to carry and give birth. Being born is not a right, it's a gift. People don't ask to be born, they are forced.

Women do own and control their own body. The woman controlled her own body when she chose to create her child. She now has to live with those consequences, just as everyone has to live with the consequences of their own actions. 

And of course people don't ask to be born. How is that even relevant?



"-KitCat-" wrote:


 7. When should abortion be allowed?

In cases where carrying the child to full term would pose a direct threat to the mother's life.



"-KitCat-" wrote:


Most abortions happen before 12 weeks. With 34% happen before 6 weeks.



A fetus does not develop a cerebral cortex until around 24 weeks.

Your point? Does the cerebral cortex magically confer person-hood? Is there a spectrum whereby people with a damaged cerebral cortex are less human than those with a normal cerebral cortex? 

Unless you can show me that the value of human life is tied directly to human development, the week in which a child is killed is meaningless. 


Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 353

Its wrong

Pavan Sai Kiran Redddy


Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 353

We should not kill those infants this is so wrong

Pavan Sai Kiran Redddy


Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
No, I don't support it. Whilst I do think that a woman has the choice to do as she pleases with her body, I also think that abortion is wrong on a moral level and shouldn't be done. 

There's a certain time a woman has to be along in the pregnancy process for an abortion to be done, and the baby is developing into a living and functioning being at that time, thus making it murder. And, as we all know, murder isn't good.

Now, I certainly don't think it should be illegal; I think the opportunity should be available to those that want it (however, I do feel that there should be restrictions). I just disagree with it.


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
I support safe abortion. Without it, the mother, who could've grown up to be a life-saving doctor, could be forced to drop out if school. Let's say a 11 yr old suffered sexual assult. Would you want her to suffer the pain of child birth? Or would you want her to have an abortion and stay a child?


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 24

Yes I do support abortion for many reasons a couple of them being personal, first as stated before a woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body. Second if a woman's body cannot handle child birth (there are more cases of this than thought) most times either c-section occurs (still dangerous due to infections that can happen if not done properly) or the mother dies during birth. Since abortion cannot legally happen after a certain amount of time due to the fetus becoming aware I am not opposed to abortion in anyway. In fact that law saved me! My mother tried to abort me by going to different doctors they all said "no" thankfully. Another reason I support abortion is because teenage girls irresponsible or not, assault or not, deserve the right to choose whether or not they carry a child, whether or not they'll spend the next 18 years of their lives raising a child that they might not have wanted, or be a kid, personally for me? If I was faced with having to choose abortion or not I'd have to say I wouldn't abort I'm schooled ONLINE and I'm almost out of high school anyway, plus I don't think I'd be able to abort a baby even before that point because I know I'd get attached, I also know my family will support me, another reason I support abortion because some girls don't get support or help from their family. Those are my reasons anyway, if you agree or disagree with any of my points I'd be very interested as to why.

(A.M.S a.k.a your SnowAngel)


Posted about 1 month ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
Posts: 291

Would I personally ever get an abortion probably not unless God Forbid I was raped, but I can't judge what others might feel when they become pregnant. Each person I guess will go through different emotions and feelings that would make there decision totally different for everyone else.

Hey I'm McKayla


Posted about 1 month ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 39

I fully support a woman's choice to choose. That being said there is also two things to heavily weigh here. You have the women on one hand who abuse the system who are getting pregnant right and left because they are reckless and they just get abortion after abortion. I think in those cases there should be another thing those females have to go through and that is to get there tubes tied. Then there is the other women who get raped or the protection they use does not work and they want to get an abortion because they know there life, there families lives, and the babies life would be awful. So they get an abortion. I personally think it is there right to make that decision. Also if a Doctor say during the pregnancy that they could lose there own life they should have every right to make the decision to abort at that time.

Redheads have more fun. smile


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
I want to be a professional... in Say Anything posted by gemzworld
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Who else likes Jhonny Cash? in Country posted by ksinger
Who else likes Jhonny Cash? in Country posted by ksinger
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
The Death Weapon Meister Ac... in School posted by NedeonxszzsWaffexl
The Death Weapon Meister Ac... in School posted by NedeonxszzsWaffexl
Know a good place to put my... in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by nounou123
First Period Storys. (Girls... in Girls Only posted by WinxFanBloomKia231AP
Home For the Strange ( for ... in Private Roleplay posted by ThisNameWasStolen
Rate the YouTube channel ab... in Forum Games posted by ImagineOrdinary
Let's count to 1 Million! in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Write your best friend's na... in Say Anything posted by slurpie3
What song is stuck in your ... in Everything Music posted by ImagineOrdinary
awnser the question the per... in Forum Games posted by ImagineOrdinary
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by James
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by rainbowpoptart
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by simran88
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by Abbergrl
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by Alois_Trancy_
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by lolathedog
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
I want to be a professional... in Say Anything posted by gemzworld
Know a good place to put my... in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
If Net Neutrality Passes ;-; in Random posted by XxRuby_PhoenixxX
Write your best friend's na... in Say Anything posted by _agustduh
Write your best friend's na... in Say Anything posted by slurpie3
Write your best friend's na... in Say Anything posted by slurpie3
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by H3LLSCRIVVER
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by fairytailfan123
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by TXSL9