Kw-logo-smaller

Roleplay Central

Private Roleplay
This is a section for all the private RPG players!

Dia's and Lyn's Private RP~

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
(( Mag and her baby face. -.- I don't even know. Isn't he, like, twenty-one? Emiko looks as if older Mag dressed her. ))

"All right, rotting pumpkins it is. Excuse me, pumpkin expert." He could tell that she was actively trying to retaliate--so the new attitude wasn't his imagination after all. Smiling, he nodded slightly at her. "Ah, I see. So, witch it is, then. I was close with 'wizard' though, wasn't I? And may I point out that not all wizards are males, little know-it-all." Aiden winked at her playfully before watching the "dancing", which had know turned into some kind of group activity. A small sigh followed as he considered his next words. Lord above, what have I gotten myself into with her... "Hey, why don't you go join them? I'll see if I can get a better song on...and if you want, I'll do it with you." For everything he proposed his voice dropped lower into a mumble, as if embarrassed, maybe even shy. He quickly tried to recover himself by saying dryly, "Because if they play 'The Monster Mash' one more time, I may do something I won't be very proud of later on."

Mag remained silent as the boy dialed the number into his phone, the device making little beeping noises as the buttons were pushed, as she overheard the conversation between the two siblings. It made her smile faintly to hear him speak; somehow, he didn't seem like the type who would diligently pursue learning another language and keep to it. It surprised her a bit but undoubtedly impressed her. It sounded so...pretty. "Why don't you ever talk to me like that, hmm?" she teased quietly after he had hung up, relaxing a bit more. "You've been holding out on me."
After a while she released him and took a couple steps back, folding her hands against her ribcage. Suddenly they were greeted the presence of another girl who leaped on Daichi, and a whole new wave of thoughts bombarded her with a force that made her stumble. It was an wild, girlish energy she had never been met with before. She wasn't sure whether it scared or if she liked it
This was the least of her concerns when she was greeted with the usual problem: her age being mistaken for a sadly low digit. She only gave the girl and incredulous face, mouthing, "I'm sixteen," before blushing madly at the word "cute." Her dark eyes begin to blink furiously as they always did whenever she was flustered until she finally shut them tight, taking a couple steps backward so she was closer to Daichi again.

{ Ew, bad post. I'm sorreee. }

"Knowledge itself is power."
-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
FreelyRenee
FreelyRenee
StarStarStarStar
"Not a pumpkin expert. I don't quite like pumpkins, either way." The blond muttered, pursing her lips lightly. Her gaze drifted from his, slowly trailing his person. Aiden's tall, lean build was alluring; black and orange did his complexion good. She'd have returned his compliment, if she wasn't already blushing furiously. "And, well, the denotation of said word might imply so but the connotation differs. Years of use have caused it to contort into a male-only title. Only old people call women wizards." She nodded, a slight action, satisfied with her explanation. Blue eyes returning to meet his eyes, then darting away nervously after his wink. Her pale fingers twirled her hair idly, a nervous habit that Aiden often caused to surface. A glance at him showed that his gaze was fixed on the students, she'd be jealous if she hadn't already felt guilty for interfering with his chaperoning. A soft sigh, that she prayed wasn't her fault, caught her drifting attention. 'Why don't you join them?' Her lips twitched downwards. Had she been bothering him? Did she look too odd talking to him here? 'I'll do it with you' Emiko froze in entirety, her body not quite able to move, her almost frantic hair twirling an exception. He'd explained his motives, which she has willingly believed even after catching the bit if shyness in his voice. That was adorable, but it wasn't as if he liked her or anything. "I'm. . I'd love to and all. . " She giggled sheepishly, evidently nervous. "But I don't, or rather can't really dance. I'd r-rather not embarrass y-you." ▶—▶—◀—◀ Keiko's scolding seemed to either embarrass or anger Mag, he wasn't quite sure what emotion it was that had caused her to flush quite so red and blink furiously. He had never seen her act so childishly cute, and he couldn't suppress the wide grin that her near clinging to him elicited even though he was a bit sure that she wouldn't appreciate it. "Come on, silly. Don't be like that. I'm not enough of a perv' to be with anyone younger than my baby sisters, now. Mag is sixteen, only a year younger. Now, where's your smarter half?" His sister hardly looked pleased about being the stupider twin, though she sighed and let it pass without argument. "Oh, she's with Aiko. You remember Kitty, right Dai?"

『 Life Is Full Of Common Enchantment Waiting For Our Alchemist's Eyes To Notice』

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
"Connotation, denotation. I'm an Alchemy teacher, not an English one." He had no problem speaking, but in high school, he had barely escaped with a C concerning language and grammar. Of course, he needn't tell her that, she didn't have to know all of his shortcomings, but his inadequacy in that subject only made her skill in it all the more impressive. It was so hard nowadays to find a girl who was both smart and pretty, as most of the knowledgeable ones seemed to brush their hair with an egg beater and the attractive ones had about as much sense as a rock. And he had known his fair share of attractive ones.
Though that man was Aiden, not Mr. Wallace, and he doubted they still remembered or cared for him. Anyway, he wohldnt have to be seeing much of them at this school. Putting that matter aside, he returned his attention back to the blond before him. She was a bit small in stature, but that didn't matter much, it didn't subtract anything from her soft eyes, shy smile, or--
"Oh, yes. You go up there and I'll talk to the deejay," he muttered as he came back to the moment, nudging her toward the group of dancing costumed teenagers and shuffling his feet toward the opposite direction.

The moment Daichi had come out of his dorm to go to see his sisters, Mag's throat had closed up, as if her voice had refused to work. Call it excitement, call it nerves, but she was barely able to utter a word. It may have just been as simple as being around people, or the fact that these were people she needed to make a good impression with. Maybe it was just the nature of the girl before her. Whatever the cause, it rendered her speechless.
Since she was very young her memory had always been one of her strongest assets. It was a gift and a curse at the same time, but if she was selective about the things she memorized, it wasn't so bad. Songs, book passages, quotes, verses, patterns, dates--all filed away in her mind for safekeeping. The negative aspect was all the feelings, experiences--people--she'd rather forget. This was one of them. If Daichi didn't remember, she certainly did.
"What?" she forced out, backing away even farther from the girl and gripping Daichi's arm behind her, nails digging in harder than necessary. That name had been tucked away since it was first brought up. Maybe she should give Daichi a little more credit, give this "Kitty" the benefit of the doubt. "Well, it is--good to meet you. I'm sure she also will be...pleasant." Her mouth twisted into a telltale false smile that took both corners of her lips, though the left one sank downward a bit from unuse.

-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
FreelyRenee
FreelyRenee
StarStarStarStar
{I'm rusty, :I }

The soft scoff that pressed past her dark, thickly lipsticked lips was not apologised for. "Oh, you're a teacher at a prestigious academy, they wouldn't hire you if you didn't have profound skill in every darned subject—English included."

Her gaze fixed on the faint smile claiming his soft lips, her cheeks heated to feverish temperatures at the memory of their—"I shouldn't think about that now, he probably doesn't even remember." The blush that colured her cheeks and trailed her jawline was aided by a soft, rather dreamy sigh that escaped her lips without permission.

Pressing her mouth closed embarrassedly, the blonde twirled strands of her hair quickly in waiting for a laugh, chuckle, raised eyebrow, disapproving scoff. Instead, he coaxed her along and hurrying away.

"N-no, I, don't" These whispers faded into slurred mutters and anxious squeals. Aiden was athletic-looking, tanned, and as nerdy as he may have been must have been a great dancer. 
And she'd end up awkwardly shuffling her feet.

▶—▶—◀—◀ 

The present pain of the petite girl's nails caused the brunette to force a rather rough, raspy cough that scratched his throat. He twitched uncomfortably, twisted his arm lightly, willed her to calm down through the comfort of his mind.

The excitement brought about by the mention of that girl was difficult to hide, the grin having slipped onto his face early on was a telltale sign of his happiness. Memories of her voluptuous figure surfaced, curious thoughts of how much further she'd matured. The realisation that Mag stood beside him, as psychic as ever.

Another forced cough, "She will, I'm sure, she wouldn't have changed." Daichi muttered, before his gaze was met with another girl sprinting towards him. I should wear this shirt more often. Brown-red, short hair swishing as she wrapped her arms around him in an embrace that near toppled him, Aiko squeezed him tight.

Obviously enjoying the feeling of her even more curvy figure pressed against him, Daichi hugged back with an evident smirk.

A sudden rush of Japanese, Daichi muttering incomprehensible words to her in between each giggle and blush. 

"I'd missed you, Dai-kun."

"As have I. Now, have you seen uhm, Yumiko?"

『 Life Is Full Of Common Enchantment Waiting For Our Alchemist's Eyes To Notice』

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
Aiden waved his hand in a dismissive manner, brushing off her comments about English and dancing that he managed to catch. Perhaps it was the disguise the costume provided, the darkly mature facade it allowed her to don, that had brought on this new persona. Whatever the cause, an undeniable urge arose to see how long he could keep it going, or perhaps make it topple like a house of cards.

It was her fault for being so innocent, after all.

After mumbling a brief word with the deejay, the teacher returned striding back, a satisfied hint of a slight grin playing across his face. "That's slightly better, isn't it? Now. . ." He faltered slightly at his previous promise to dance with her, knowing the complicated situation it put them in. They couldn't be declaring their affections all over the place, that would raise a few eyebrows for sure and probably garner a few phone calls to the school, but he couldn't exactly dance with all the girls to avoid looking suspicious. It was only a small suspicion in his mind that he didn't want to put to the test, but he wouldn't be surprised if Emiko had a jealous girlfriend streak.

"W-well, it's not too difficult. You just have to watch your feet and count the rhythm in your head. It's not a topic that requires t. . .teaching or anything," he mumbled, taking a small step farther away from her. Arts always required teaching, dancing included, but this wasn't the place to do it, and it wasn't as if he could take her anywhere else to learn.

»» ¤ ««

Something that is not contentment is jealousy. What is not giving is selfishness. The thing that fear isn't--is what?

Mag released the boy's arm, backing away and curling her fingers into her own palm. Already the sun, although dimmed with October weather, had begun to get to her. The skin on her arm prickled with heat no one else seemed to be bothered by as she tugged the sleeves of her plain jacket down to her wrists. Daichi's earlier comment about all the layers of black she wore in summer surfaced to mind, causing her to flush even more feverishly and back away a few more paces. The beginnings of a drudging third-wheel feeling started to appear, though this time it was more of a fifth-wheel one.

That is not fear, that is not love--is what?
Her mouth opened feebly and then shut like a fish as if she was about to speak but changed her mind. She should say something to her, introduce herself, but she couldn't bring herself to. She didn't really want to and the girl probably wouldn't care. Instead, she found herself slipping into the other's mind, searching like a hand through a drawer. She didn't trust her at all, and at present, the little faith she had in Daichi was diminishing too. She didn't trust most people, true--but this person especially.

A jealous, unreasonable loathing.

(( I have to do O/T just to be able to attempt to achieve your "rusty" posts. Cue sadistic teacher and terrible girlfriend modes. I think project Aimiko Escape should begin. ))

-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
FreelyRenee
FreelyRenee
StarStarStarStar
Fingers rested gingerly on her hips, thumbs smoothing the contrasting, dark lace on her back complemented by the long blond ponytail resting against it. Wisps of stray flaxen rested on her forehead, framed her reddening cheeks puffed and pouting in defiance. "Of course it requires teaching, you pumpkin." Tall, slender heels clacked lightly against intricate tile floor in an awkward, slight shift. "Mr.Wallace, I-I'd rather not." 

Long eyelashes darkened to black rather than blond brushed against her cheeks, vibrant blue eyes peering at her studded heels from under smoky, dark eyelids weighed down by heavy eye shadow. The unpleasant idea that Aiden probably thought she looked silly in all this makeup, almost as silly as she usually looked, seeped into her mind and bundled among other negative voices in her thoughts. "He's like twenty-one, he doesn't like you, Em."

A sudden, strong urge to leave the sights of everyone and the oppressively loud music and constant reminders that she was hardly one of the social, pretty, good-dancers commanding the crowd of hooligans enjoying the dance washed over the petite blonde. Emiko sighed lightly, clasped her fingers behind her where they couldn't reach the strands of hair dangling before her eyes and begging to be twirled, and whispered "Damn, I wish I was outside eating ice-cream or at least sleeping and not here. 'Dancing isn't too difficult' my foot."

–▲–▼–▲–
"You didn't tell me your girlfriend was psychic." The girl pressed a smile onto thick-red-lipsticked lips, flashing perfect teeth that lacked the bright, pink, neon braces they once had. Denim blue strings fell from her shorts, resting on pale, long legs bare from several inches above the knee and subject to the cold, October weather that only she seemed not bothered by. "Strong, pretty girls tend to stay away from perv' boys—or maybe I'll flatter you and say men—like you. How'd you trick her into being with you?"

Her eyes shone an unfamiliar pale blue, complementing the thick, dark brown, messy curls framing an elegantly round face as they ended in fading, fiery red just past her chin. Aiko was more beautiful than he remembered .The short strands of brown resting on her lightly freckled cheeks (he'd been glad she hadn't outgrown them, they added a slight playful, childlike look to her cheeks, still as cute now as when he'd pinch and poke them) fit her more than the long, black hair he recalled. 

She continued on to whisper how much she missed him, how cute he still was yet more handsome than she'd remembered and that she liked him this muscular and not scrawny like he'd been in a voice softer than the wind whistling in his ears as if the petite girl standing isolated might understand the rush of Japanese. She ran her fingers from his clothed shoulder to exposed, and lightly muscular, arm and to his wrist where Aiko clasped his fingers in a tight, more than friendly hold.

Pressing away the deep red threatening to usurp his cheeks with her many compliments, the brunette released his tight hold on her slender waist after some minutes of them whispering and giggling, Keiko's gaze darting almost disapprovingly between them and Mag. Mag, his girlfriend. Daichi hurriedly stepped away, pressed his hands into deep jeans pockets and smiled nervously at Mag in his patented "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, that was a minor slip up and you'll forgive me, right?"  type of grin. 

The giddiness buried in the depths of his stomach subsided little after he remembered the petite girl shyly fidgeting alone, the one he was supposedly showing off, the one with legs not nearly as long, slender and attention drawing as the brunette's and with hips not so wide and defined or a bosom quite so—Daichi drew his gaze from where he'd been staring, Aiko seemingly pleased her low-cut white blouse had attracted his attention. "U-uh, where's Yumiko?" He mumbled, quick Japanese following his inquiry. Aiko replied in mentioned language, the lilt of her voice similar to a song. He had missed her voice.

"Mag, she says my sister is in the cafe down the road because they forced her to buy food." Aiko giggled cutely at his comment, though quieted at a slight side-glance from Keiko. "We're gonna get her, you're coming, right?"

"She's not five, she can follow without your babying her." Long legs ambled to the petite figure, bent slightly to give Daichi a flattering view of her from behind and smiled. Thick-red-lipsticked lips parted, whispered "My thoughts aren't so easily violated by people like you, stay away and you won't get hurt. Dating the demon king was a bad idea in the first place, but I won't hurt you if you simply don't interfere like a good little girl."

"I'm not babying her, she's coming, yeah?"

"Mmhmm." Her flirty, sing-song tone wasn't lost on the boy as she shuffled to him in impressively high heels. Fingers gripped him firmly by the elbow, shoulder pressed against his and she gazed into his eyes from an intimidatingly similar height, mumbled "Hurry up, already." and yanked him along assertively. 

–▲–▼–▲–
"Don't mind Ai, she has a crush on him, but I think Dai likes you more." Dark, doe eyes stared curiously into the petite, dark haired female's own indigo, head lightly tilted to meet her gaze. "At least, you're my favourite so far. Very cute and not silly. We could be good friends, yeah? You're a magician, yeah? I'm not, but I do want to be a makeup artist. My sister, too." The ponytailed female grasped the other's hand tightly, the beginnings of a grin playing across her lips as she sauntered on, fidgeting with Mag's dark nails. "Yumiko is very nice, but she is a bit serious. We are very alike, too, not just in looks but other things."

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
"'Pumpkin.' Now that's a new one," Aiden offered, unable to stop the small laugh her name-calling somehow brought about. It was the sort of thing she would have come up with any other day, when she was in her usual trendy little clothes and not this dark, somehow adultlike outfit she had constructed seemingly for the occasion. The incongruity between herself and her appearance almost struck him as humorous--the outside had certainly changed, but the inside most definitely had not. He bit his tongue to suppress any laughs or comments he was tempted to make on the subject, turning to her with an almost grin teasing his face.

"At least, it doesn't require much teaching. You either have it or you don't. For example, take--" The teacher suddenly stopped, combing back his already combed hair back with the tips of his fingers. There was no need to be name-dropping any questionable celebrities, lest he getting any calls from parents or, God forbid, Emiko be getting any odd little ideas in her head. He wondered if she was the impressionable type, and wondered for a second longer if all this--the cutting class, the practicing, the costume--was somehow for him. A lingering wave of an unnameable feeling washed over him at the thought as blue eyes caught his unprepared. It was something he used to do, something cruel that he saw only as a pastime, a game to be played and won. It was no better to be leading her on as he was no. Giving his head a small shake to clear his thoughts, he allowed himself a smile that didn't come as easily as the ones before. It was stupid to be flattering himself with such ridiculous notions, even entertaining the idea.

"Actually, you know what? Why not call it quits? Ice cream sounds pretty good right now, and I think I've had just about enough of this place." The look on his face was playful as the quirk on his mouth turned into a grinning expression at her comment. "I think we've been here long enough, my chaperoning time is finished, and it's Halloween. Come on, I know where we should go." He ushered her out the door, waiting a moment before exiting himself.

» ¤ «

And for a moment she felt it. It wasn't hard to remember she was that one, the one who hadn't quite grown up yet with a body too small and fragile for the things she dreamed of, who paled in comparison next to any other girl. And though the life she had now wasn't the one she had once had, she was still the same one living it. Nothing but the circumstances had changed--all it would take was for him to grow tired of her as everyone else had, to leave and forget about her the way a child outgrows a favorite plaything--it only depended on a move from him for things to go back to how they had always been.

Instinctively, Mag backed away once Kitty began speaking to her, though she knew that even then she wasn't quite talking to her, but to Daichi. It was the sort of tone people used that usually insinuated that they as if they thought she was too young or stupid to understand what was being said, or perhaps was deaf in addition. Normally she had heard it from elementary school teachers or waitresses who would wait on their table back when Amaline used to take her places, but for some reason, the hint of it in "Aiko's" voice was worse by tenfold. It was one thing to speak to her in that irritatingly condescending manner, but another to talk as if she wasn't even there, standing less than a foot away.

"He didn't trick me into anything," she muttered under her breath but loud enough to be heard, her lips drawing back in a snarl that revealed clenched teeth. Staying with him was of her own volition, of course, he hadn't influenced her in any way--right? Remembering back, he had brought up Kitty, dared her, told her not to worry about titles just yet. A dull sort of ache settled in her stomach that made her wonder just how well she knew Daichi after all.

Her hands found themselves carefully shifting through her bag out of nervous habit, searching for a toy to divert her attention. Her fingertips met the shape of horned rims as she tugged them out, grateful for the distraction the sunglasses provided. They gave her something to play with, hide behind, and at the moment all she really wanted to do was go hide somewhere, away from Daichi and the vile--thing--that he referred to as Aiko and seemed to be attached to him like a growth. It was more than jealousy that Aiko made her feel, more than a dislike. It was something rotten and twisted that she could actually see, writhing over what she assumed was the thing's aura.

She didn't even bother to respond to the conversation being held in front of her, already realizing by now that if there was a course of action to take, Kitty would be the one to decide on it. Soon, though, the hateful thing drew closer to whisper something to her and Mag backed away again, knowing it would be something rude and petty. But her head jerked up, an expression of surprise darting across her face as her eyes widened and mouth opened to snap back--only to close again in silence. As Aiko turned, her hand lunged, ready to--what? Kill her? Send her on her way to the afterlife on a tidal wave? She dropped it back down to her side with a soft noise of temporary defeat, again fidgeting with the glasses. She couldn't do anything now, but she was ready and on guard, perhaps even craving a fight. Maybe, she thought, her loathing of Kitty wasn't entirely as unreasonable as she had previously thought.

A quiet voice that she almost didn't hear drew her attention away from her thoughts of vengeance, slowly beginning to calm her down. "I don't--I mean--really, you think so?" Feeling eyes on her she immediately looked down, returning back to the feeling of shyness she had arrived with. A small smile crept onto her face despite herself as she nodded hopefully, placing the glasses atop her head and her other hand gently, almost hesitant, in the crook of the girl's elbow as she followed her, attempting to keep up with her pace. "That's right... Daichi told me you two liked makeup--dyed his hair blond, too." An almost inaudible giggle surfaced, though her face was curious. "He also said you were twins... So you really do look alike?" It sounded ridiculous even to her own ears, but ever since Daichi had mentioned it, she had wondered about it.

-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
(( I kinda just stared at your post for a moment and thinking about replying to it made me dizzy and I started feeling the expectation and freaked out and wrote the resulting mind-barf. Excuse the typos. Kitty, you are now a 'thing.' ))

-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
FreelyRenee
FreelyRenee
StarStarStarStar
{Oi, this terrible post. Yes, I know this Emiko post was incredibly lazy, but I can't even. Yes, I know this should be better with all the time I spent on it, but I'll just say I'm sorry and force you to forgive me on the fact that I neglected breakfast and any sleep for this.}

"Go? G-go where? Aiden, you can't just leave,
" Emiko protested, shrugging the hands urging her outside away, lips curling in a slight smile—despite her soft murmurs of disapproval, she was glad to leave the loud, overwhelming music and similar atmosphere; she was especially glad to be with Aiden. The hall was considerably cooler and she found herself unsure whether it was the lack of large, dancing crowd or the open window, but her cheeks heated to a thick red not uncommon when she was with the brunette. 

"Are we actually getting ice cream?" The blonde questioned, mouth pursed into a thin line with the beginnings of a frown tugging on the edges of her dark lips. "Because if we aren't and you've gotten me all excited for no reason, then I'm going to bed." Pale fingers ending with short, black nails twisted clumps of light hair idly, Emiko eyed Aiden with a sort of wary gaze suggesting he'd promised more than a cone or two of ice cream.

"And if ice cream is indeed involved, I hope you'll be the true gentleman I know you aren't and pay for it. I at least assume this place you're bragging about knowing isn't the cafeteria and isn't free." She paused, eyes met his warm gaze fleetingly and her chest tightened, then laughed briefly. "It's the cafeteria or something, isn't it?" Why'd he take you anywhere, anyway? He's your Alchemy teacher, not your date.

–▲–▼–▲–

"It's all a nightmare. You're still sleeping. Just wake up. Mag's excited to meet your sisters today."

Drying syrupy red caked her loose black locks; curls framed her porcelain-doll like face with wide honeyed chestnut eyes staring back at him in horror. Her skin an odd, sickly—no, not sick, dead—pale, Yumiko stared at him with light, glossy lips agape as if disgusted with what he had done. Disgusted with what he'd become. Deep guilt, shame, something pressed him to look away. An indescribable hurt clenched his chest tight and he couldn't breathe. Daichi wanted to throw up, then he wanted to die. 

"It's not real. Wake up for Mag, you can't let her down when she's gotten all happy, and it'll be great to see those two again."

Faint red misted the walls, staining the cream-painted concrete with a painfully evident bloody mess that invoked sick feelings of heaviness only describable as 'wrong'. His body numbed in fear, disgust and repulsion, dark eyes glanced over each still body sprawled on the floor or resting limply against the walls or counter.

He counted six besides Yumiko and her, six innocent others that he admittedly and guiltily cared little about, despite having ripped them from their loving families. Thoughts quickened, his breaths became more ragged, forced, rushed
Reality was heavy, burdening and unwanted. It brought about thoughts he didn't have the strength to stomach.

"They aren't dead. It's a nightmare. Just wake up and it'll be fine."

Yumiko's arms draped over narrow shoulders and past reddened brown hair—Aiko. Hands still desperately clutched her chest in a lost battle despite her sleep-like state. Red poured from her, spilling onto a used-to-be-white blouse and to the floor almost like a fountain. It covered her. It covered the tiles.

It couldn't have been blood, no one could have possibly had that much blood. It was never that much in the movies, not even the painfully exaggerated horror ones. He was unsure what he'd done, unsure how everyone had ended up dead. He barely remembered Yumiko trying to drag Aiko
—the girl who'd tried to kill him, or maybe he'd only imagined that—out of the way as he sent that knife back. Only remembered his sister trying to protect her from him

"Nothing's real. It's a stupid bad dream. Wake up."

The knife stuck in the wall almost coyly, its hilt a glinting blue as bright as the symbol-stuffed circle surrounding it. The magic dimmed, fading to nothing and relieving the room of the sapphire light it had bathed the scene in. The knife she'd thrown
its blade had pierced the air with a soft whistle and pierced his shoulder with a similar, airy and light-hearted sound not fitting of the pain it brought about. It stung and ached, made him cringe with agony and clutch the bleeding arm protectively. Reality was painful, there wasn't pain in a fantasy.

"You're a murderer . . . you killed them."

–▲–▼–▲–

"Oh, it was more of a light brown a bit close to a dirty blond." Keiko smiled, lips lifting into a grin the embodiment of 'everything nice', and allowed herself a little-girlish laugh. Her fingers cradled Mag's hand, thumb running lightly over each darkly painted nail, "Oh, yes. We do. Daichi had an odd talent for mistaking me for Yumiko and her for me before she cut her hair a bit."

She looked up from the petite female's nails, dark gaze falling on the small, beach-themed cafe perched at the end of the road. A few bikini-clad girls lingered near the front as if part of the blue building's decoration, huddled together and murmuring among themselves. "Oh, this is where we left her. You'll love her, she's great
."

Her hand eagerly reached for the door, forcing the bluish-brown, wooden blockage forward with a dainty push. "Yumi
—" The smell of blood hit her. Fresh and metallic, a familiar sickening stench. Bodies sprawled in pools of red around an almost unrecognizable, blood splattered brunette. If it were a movie, she'd have likened the scene to a dark, twisted ritual, but her brother trembling guiltily over her too-pale sister was no movie.

A sour taste rose in her mouth around the time her vision blurred and flashed to red, dimming as she fainted. 

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
“I can just leave, actually,” Aiden said simply, letting the door to the gymnasium shut with a satisfying clack of finality. “I only had to supervise this thing for an hour, and since you probably used that hour to get dressed up in your little outfit here”—he gestured to her  black-clad getup with one hand teasingly—“I’ve already done my time, and am getting out on good behavior.  Mrs. Calhoun is taking my place.” The quiet hallway was a nice change after being in the stuffy, decked-out gym that reeked of cologne and sweat, the too-familiar smell that he automatically associated with kids and high school. His eyes took a moment to adjust from the place that had been flashing with colorful lights to the hall that was welcomingly dim and serenely silent.  “Geez, I felt as if I was being smothered in there. The last time I saw lights like that, it was when I woke up from my cousin’s twenty-third birthday celebration behind a couch with a couple party hats on my head.” He ran a hand down his face as though tired, attempting to erase his last comment that he hoped she hadn’t heard with a faked cough, mumbling, “Come on.”

Their footsteps, one pair the clacking of heels and the other the shuffling of bluchers, grew louder and more apparent as the muffled noises of the dance faded behind them.  “Did you want to get ice cream? I guess it wouldn’t be a bad idea.” The teacher idly strolled along, trying to keep a pace that she could follow easily. His face took on a soft red as the small blonde mentioned the cafeteria, though, and immediately he started in another direction. “Of course it’s not the cafeteria, don’t be silly. Give me a little more credit,” he muttered, checking his pockets and letting out a quiet sigh of relief when his fingers met the feel of a couple folded dollars. Soon they arrived at the double doors at the end of the hall, and he pushed them open, allowing her to go first as the two were met with the cool autumn air characteristic of the holiday.

It was after a couple moments of walking down the sidewalk, red-orange leaves caught up in the breeze and flying past them as if in some sort of race, that the brunette finally spoke. “Here it is—nothing fancy, but the ice cream’s good.” A bell above the door jingled as student and teacher entered, the warm scent of baking waffle cones greeting them. Aiden acknowledged the man behind the counter with a slight wave, leaning against the wall and letting a small smirk take over his smile. “Order up, princess. We’ve still got more places to hit tonight.”

»» ¤ ««

She knew something was wrong before they even set foot inside the place.

It was the aura first, she thought. It was sickening, something dirtied and wild and yet familiar somehow, perhaps Daichi or Aiko or maybe even him, though she deemed the latter impossible. The feeling only twisted in her stomach as they drew nearer, as Keiko went on about her sister, speaking to her in tones that were kind almost to the point of making her uncomfortable. She felt as if she should say something, but the words died in her throat.

The younger girl reached for the door, never ceasing to hold on gently to the other, never stopping to imagine that something less than perfect would be behind it.

And so she tried to hold her back, voice bubbling back to the surface.
"No, wait, she's--"

The girl's fingers slipped from hers as she faded, sank down into unconsciousness.

And then it was the smell.

It brought images of fresh crimson to mind, a coppery taste on the tongue; memories of it rushing from her skin from the marks of a pocket knife and dripping down the side of her face, making her short hair sticky with it. It was too familiar and she knew it too well, knew the wave of nausea and terror it brought. A sickness rose in the back of her throat that threatened to empty her, but she held it back.

Blood.
And in the middle of it all, the one she loved so deeply, cared for so much it hurt sometimes and made her wonder if she even deserved him--

A shaking hand rose, the one with the black snake of an aura that wrapped around her arm that she no longer saw as a burden but as a sort of bond, the same aura that permeated the cafe. Her lips formed a soundless name as for a moment all she could do was stand still in disbelief of it all, before rushing forward, nearly slipping on the wet floor slick with blood, grabbing him and pulling him to her as he had done for her the first time he had murdered.

"Daichi, I'm--I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let her go with you, I knew she was going to try something b-but I didn't think she'd dare in front of so many people, I should h-have stayed with you a-and I. . .I promised I wouldn't let them hurt you. Daichi, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Her voice shook and jolted, hiccupped, heaved, waned, thinned, gave into wracking sobs she couldn't stop. Her lashes were damp, and she was pressing into him too hard--she didn't want to upset him--she didn't want to cry in front of him. It had never gotten anything done and it wouldn't now.

Her finger slowly released their tight grip, running over his person to assure him, check for wounds. She found one on his shoulder, her hand coming away wet. "They--she--did this, didn't she? L-let's clean you off. We have to get out of here, they'll--they'll take you if we don't."

It didn't feel like her that took him by the arm, assumed charge and searched for a bathroom to take him into without checking the sign. It wasn't her that sat on the sink counter, wetting paper towels to wipe him off with as best as possible, cleaning off blood and allowing it to soil the navy sundress she had saved for this day. She wasn't sure who it was that unzipped her worn jacket, tying it around his shoulder to stop the bleeding somewhat, but it was someone who shared the same desperate, impossible wish to keep this boy safe and by her side.

And who's to say that was a good thing, who could promise she wouldn't end up as she had lived before, half-dressed and bleeding and locked up where no one would hear her if she cried, who could promise she wouldn't end up dead like they were--but she had never wanted something so much.

-Sir Francis Bacon

1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 44 Next →

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

Should we bring back the death penalty?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

hamburger or cheese burger?

What show is better?

latest videos