Random

Say Anything
Speak your mind, get other users involved in your issue

Test taking tips?

Posted By:
E3Girly
E3Girly
StarStarStar
First off, my school has a bunch of testing coming up in April, it is sorta like the ones you have to take to get into college (SAT's) and in my state we have to take PSSA's. They show us released items, that have been on the test before, but aren't on this test, and we have to work really hard. I would like some tips.

But, the thing is reading is easy, but I have testing anxiety, and get jittery when someone even says the word test, and, math I'm not so good at (surprisingly under pressure of a test, I get better scores.) But, we used to have math in the afternoon, and now the people in our grade are forced to take on in the morning, and one in the afternoon. We don't do that everyday, just every other day. But they make us learn subjects that are confusing, and we take in 3 different lessons per day. It hurts my head too think that much.

So, what should I do? I don't want to have a bad grade. Also, if anyone else takes PSSA's, friend me and we can comment eachother for what we do during the test, and how we passed last years, unless this is your first year doing it.

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, the more you forget, the more you forget,the less you know, so why learn?

The ones who don't matter mind, and the ones who matter don't mind -Doctor Suess

Test taking tips?

Posted By:
haunty
haunty
StarStarStarStar
I looked up what the PSSA' were, and it's a lot like the OAA's that my state had when I was elementary and middle school. I passed all mine with Accelerated scores. smile

I know how you feel with the test anxiety though, test taking can be quite intimidating. But the biggest tip I have for you is to relax, even if that does sound impossible. I'm sure you'll be fine. Try and think of it as an everyday class or homework assignment.

Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before the tests. You want to be well rested so you can focus better. Eat breakfast that morning too, it also helps you stay awake and think more clearly. Wear comfortable clothes.

Try and budget your time, if there's a time limit. For my OAA's I had two and half hours to finish each test each day, which was usually more than enough time. Pace yourself; DO NOT RUSH. Try and do the easiest problems/questions first, so you can get those out of the way and have enough time to go back to work on the harder ones.

Hopefully that helps you a little. Good luck!

Test taking tips?

Posted By:
E3Girly
E3Girly
StarStarStar
Thanks for giving me advice. I really needed it. There is a time limit. I find it really odd though because they stand outside of the bathroom so you cant give test answers in there. I dont think anyone would do that though... Thats a little odd. They are standing OUTSIDE though so they can hear everything, but they cant see which I find good, because I dont want anyone seeing the parts where nobody should ever see.

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, the more you forget, the more you forget,the less you know, so why learn?

The ones who don't matter mind, and the ones who matter don't mind -Doctor Suess

Test taking tips?

Posted By:
haunty
haunty
StarStarStarStar
You're welcome!

And yeah, they did the same thing for the tests I took. They really take confidentiality seriously for these things, huh?

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Should we bring back the death penalty?

Greetings New Users!

my 8 no more like13 year old sister

my 8 no more like13 year old sister

latest videos