Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Say Anything
Speak your mind, get other users involved in your issue

Cancer

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
Member since:
April, 2009
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 13070
I've recently been diagnosed with ependymoma. I had a surgery to remove most of the tumors, but I'm still going to need radiotherapy to get rid of what's left of the microscopic disease. I'm sure others here on Kidzworld have experience with cancer, tumors, or have family members who have gone through similar circumstances. I just want to make this a place to share, so let me start.

About a year ago, I got a cold. Every time I would cough or sneeze there would be a shooting pain down my tailbone. Eventually I recovered from the cold, but the pain didn't stop, and it eventually spread to where it was my entire lower body and back, and it was no longer just shooting, but constant. I had an MRI in February 2013 to see if they could find anything, but it came back inconclusive. 10 more months of worsening symptoms later, I get another MRI focused on my lower spine where they find 'lesions'. They admit me to the hospital the same night, and I've been there for the past week, and am only now back at home. They tell me that they think I have tumors in my spine. I was in the hospital for two days before I had the surgery. They made an incision running pretty much the entire length of my spine (from shoulder blades to tail bone) and I'm in for a long, long recovery. 

I'm not looking for pity. I just am looking for a place to share, and to let others share, and as a member of this community for over 4 years, I feel comfortable sharing here. 




Cancer

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
Member since:
April, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 10208
aw thats sad but thats also good you are feeling better now, i dont know what you are saying but sorry to hear that 


Cancer

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Member since:
February, 2007
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 23135
I dont know where to start....Frown 

I has some experience... but not alot. 

Our granny had cancer for 4 years and it was 'cured' and they said it was in the 'remission] but just his month we heard its back again.  We're not supposed to know about it being back cos of the family getting together at Chrstmas. 

What I want to say Skittlez is that you have friends on here [and friends and family everywhere]  that loves you and wants you and all cancer sufferers to fight back...and get well again. 













___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

HugeHugeHugeHuge
hugebearkeep calm and hug ted
HugeHugeHugeHuge


Cancer

Posted By:
shae508
shae508
Member since:
January, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Online
Posts: 3083
Frown That's sad, but you should know like hugebear said you have friends and family who want you to feel better. 


Cancer

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
Member since:
November, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 3005
You shouldn't get radiation, it'll just kill you faster.


Cancer

Posted By:
Jessica1290
Jessica1290
Member since:
May, 2012
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 72

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

I've recently been diagnosed with ependymoma. I had a surgery to remove most of the tumors, but I'm still going to need radiotherapy to get rid of what's left of the microscopic disease. I'm sure others here on Kidzworld have experience with cancer, tumors, or have family members who have gone through similar circumstances. I just want to make this a place to share, so let me start.



About a year ago, I got a cold. Every time I would cough or sneeze there would be a shooting pain down my tailbone. Eventually I recovered from the cold, but the pain didn't stop, and it eventually spread to where it was my entire lower body and back, and it was no longer just shooting, but constant. I had an MRI in February 2013 to see if they could find anything, but it came back inconclusive. 10 more months of worsening symptoms later, I get another MRI focused on my lower spine where they find 'lesions'. They admit me to the hospital the same night, and I've been there for the past week, and am only now back at home. They tell me that they think I have tumors in my spine. I was in the hospital for two days before I had the surgery. They made an incision running pretty much the entire length of my spine (from shoulder blades to tail bone) and I'm in for a long, long recovery. 



I'm not looking for pity. I just am looking for a place to share, and to let others share, and as a member of this community for over 4 years, I feel comfortable sharing here. 




 
I hope you feel ALOT better from over those years. I know it's hard for you and most people don't understand. Well, there are a lot of people on here and in the real world who really care about you. Thanks for sharing. That really touched my heart. 



Cancer

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
Member since:
April, 2009
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 13070

"Betzy123" wrote:

You shouldn't get radiation, it'll just kill you faster.


Radiation will just increase the likelihood of future cancers. I have a feeling letting the tumors regrow and take over my central nervous system might be worse for me than a few weeks of radiotherapy. 

Cancer

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
Member since:
November, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 3005

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"Betzy123" wrote:


You shouldn't get radiation, it'll just kill you faster.


Radiation will just increase the likelihood of future cancers. I have a feeling letting the tumors regrow and take over my central nervous system might be worse for me than a few weeks of radiotherapy. 


Actually, let me re-word that, you shouldn't get any modern treatment for cancer. 
Natural methods will get rid of the cancer, and it's a LOT better for your health.  


Cancer

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
Member since:
April, 2009
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 13070

"Betzy123" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:








"Betzy123" wrote:




You shouldn't get radiation, it'll just kill you faster.


Radiation will just increase the likelihood of future cancers. I have a feeling letting the tumors regrow and take over my central nervous system might be worse for me than a few weeks of radiotherapy. 


Actually, let me re-word that, you shouldn't get any modern treatment for cancer. 
Natural methods will get rid of the cancer, and it's a LOT better for your health.  


Define 'natural methods'.

I'm not opposed to things other than radiation, I mean, nobody wants to have their spinal cord blasted with radiation that is specifically designed to kill cells. It's definitely not my preference, but neither is this situation to begin with.  


Cancer

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
Member since:
May, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 849
Do you know what your recovery process entails? I imagine spinal surgery would mean you're done walking for a while until it heals

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...


← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

ThE WoRd GaMe

awnser the question the person above you asks

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D