Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Electronics
Chat about the latest Ipods and talk about the latest gadgets with your friends. What is your favorite electronic gadget?

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
teslajr
teslajr
StarStarStarStar
*note* I know that it's spelled different but for some weird reason the word Linix is censored. I don't understand why, black hat hackers do use it by so do white hat hackers who protect sites from black hats. And servers use linix. Kidzworld's servers may use linix too.
Linix, such as the Kali distro and the Ubuntu distro, are for web browsing, hacking and devloping programs.

Windows, is the OS for gamers. Battlefield 4 and others run best on Windows 8.

I'll begin an small argument for  Linix distros:

Cus Windows is so popular, it get's lots of viruses. But L (and OS X and such) are Unix based, which means less viruses. Which means not having to pay money for VPNs and decent antivirus programs. In fact aren't games made on Lnx systems?
Lots of people say Lnx is not very user friendly. Actually, user friendliness is improving.

Ever heard of Steam OS? It's a Lnx based gaming OS! It's coming with Steam Boxes at the 2nd half of 2014. Yeah, not only Windows will be for gaming.

P.S. Mods, seriously why is Lnx a disallowed word? It's just a family of Operating Systems, what could be so bad?

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
teslajr
teslajr
StarStarStarStar
Mods, you what mates? Hardware/electronics =/= software/programs. This thread is about operating systems, which are programs AKA software. This topic is about other things it seems.

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
princess_cutie12
princess_cutie12
StarStarStarStar
Windows smile

Hello everyone
shin chan
♥

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
teslajr
teslajr
StarStarStarStar
You didn't say why.

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
teslajr
teslajr
StarStarStarStar
Bumped.

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
kytax
kytax
StarStarStarStar
Linix, Gives the User much more user freedoom, Windows (7) is also pretty good too. Bur once that Steam OS is released (Depending on whether or not it can do more than gaming.) I might consider getting it.

IM BACK! Big Grin

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
Bloody Wings Lock
Bloody Wings
StarStarStarStar
##### is good but if u want latest hi tech apps and games then u should go for windows

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
rainbowpoptart
rainbowpoptart
StarStarStarStarStar

"Bloody Wings" wrote:

##### is good but if u want latest hi tech apps and games then u should go for windows

And now,
Ducks.

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
dallyo
dallyo
StarStarStar
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Lınux is in fact, GNU/Lınux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Lınux. Lınux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Lınux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Lınux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Lınux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Lınux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Lınux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Lınux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Lınux!

Han shot first.

Windows vs Linix-moved

Posted By:
teslajr
teslajr
StarStarStarStar

"dallyo" wrote:

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Lınux is in fact, GNU/Lınux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Lınux. Lınux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Lınux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Lınux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Lınux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Lınux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Lınux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Lınux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Lınux!
I already know that Linix is a family of systems. Besides, you never said if you preffered Windows or Linix. OS X is out of the question.

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Are you good at dancing?

ask gurgle the stomach a question don't be...

My Friend Loves Justin BIEBER -________-

Are you good at dancing?

find a girlfriend here describe yourself f...

find a girlfriend here describe yourself f...

latest videos