Back left
Back right
Posted 7 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

I'm 14 and from the UK so these phrases may mean different things to you. I'm curious about what 'dating' means. When you are dating someone/ asking someone on a date are you already girlfriends/boyfriends or are you just seeing someone for a bit and then asking to be in a relationship? Is also asking 'someone out' being girlfriends/boyfriends straight away or like I said above? Alot of people my age where I'm from ask people 'out' as in do you want to be in a relationship as boyfriends and girlfriends straight away without actually going 'out' anywhere. Just a bit confused and would love your input. Remember I am from the UK is that influences anything!

Posted 7 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Those phrases' definitions vary even here in the U.S.

"Dating" to one person will mean that two people are just going out on dates but don't have the relationship label. The other, and most common, definition of "dating" is the boyfriend/girlfriend status.

"Asking out" is also versatile. One definition is taking someone out on a date, and the other - and most common - is to ask someone to be your partner. This is a much more general term, though. People will usually clearly say "on a date" if they're asking you on a date and will ask "wanna be my whatever" if they want you to be their partner rather than just "wanna go out".

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"rainbowpoptart" wrote:

Those phrases' definitions vary even here in the U.S.

"Dating" to one person will mean that two people are just going out on dates but don't have the relationship label. The other, and most common, definition of "dating" is the boyfriend/girlfriend status.

"Asking out" is also versatile. One definition is taking someone out on a date, and the other - and most common - is to ask someone to be your partner. This is a much more general term, though. People will usually clearly say "on a date" if they're asking you on a date and will ask "wanna be my whatever" if they want you to be their partner rather than just "wanna go out".
Ah thanks, I've been watching alot of US television and the storyline didn't make sense with my knowledge on the terms, but now it does.

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl

so dating means you are actually going out with them and asking them out is not in a definite relationship.

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod

In my high school, dating was a more serious version of going out. You might "go out" with someone for a little while, meet up once or twice, and then when things were more steady you'd be dating.

sig
I Support Equal Rights

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity