Back left
Back right

WHY do you believe in your religion?

Celebs cartoon
Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Why do you really believe in your religion? I think that most people would answer that "I believe in my religion because it is true" or "The deity of our religion mercifully created us, so it must be true" , but they are not proper answers.

Do you believe in your religion because you totally understand your religion, have read all of its holy books, and have deduced, through a long time of consideration, that this religion must be the only thing that is true?

Well, in most cases that is not the case. Most people believe in their religions because they are told, or are even forced to believe it. Most Muslims have not read the Quran in a language they understand, and are told that the Quran is flawless and true before even learning to read (I know this because I am an ex-Muslim). Most Christians don't have a clear idea of what they believe to be true beyond all doubt . Most Hindus don't even know the names of  all  the many gods they are supposed to believe in. Many people also pretend to believe their religions while also denying it's most well-known aspects (women who claim to be Muslim but don't wear Hijab, for example).

So, it is obvious that the vast majority of people don't even know the thing they are supposed to believe to be the only thing that will ever be true.

So which kind of religious person are you? Did you come to the conclusion that the religion you currently believe in would be the only thing that is true among the vast number of religions after critical thinking, and have a absolutely clear idea of what your religion is? 

Or do you believe in your religion because that is what your family members believe in, and you just go along with the flow?

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
    Ranking:

idk

''Life is what you make it and determination can overcome even destiny''

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl
    Ranking:

I solidly believe in Christianity, not because I want or am forced to, but because I have seen proof of God and can make sense of Christian beliefs.  May God bless you smile

Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

"BestDragonslayer" wrote:

I solidly believe in Christianity, not because I want or am forced to, but because I have seen proof of God and can make sense of Christian beliefs.  May God bless you smile

Oh, and I forgot to add another question: Do you really abide by all the rules of your religion, all the times? And also, what proof of God did you see? And how do you know that "proof" is not the proof of another religion's God? And there are lots of types of Christianity, such as Catholic, Coptic, Lutherean, etc. How do you know for sure which one of them is true? Also, did you know there are lot of non-Canonical gospels, which were too unpopular to be added to the Bible, and there have been changes added to the Bible through the course of time?

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:

Oh, and I forgot to add another question: Do you really abide by all the rules of your religion, all the times? And also, what proof of God did you see? And how do you know that "proof" is not the proof of another religion's God? And there are lots of types of Christianity, such as Catholic, Coptic, Lutherean, etc. How do you know for sure which one of them is true? Also, did you know there are lot of non-Canonical gospels, which were too unpopular to be added to the Bible, and there have been changes added to the Bible through the course of time?

No human is perfect and sometimes we make mistakes but we always ask  for forgiveness. We can not know which religion is true but all we can do is believe in our own. You can't expect us to know which one is true. When the time comes, the truth will be revealed so these questions are not for us 

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

"fnflw123" wrote:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:

No human is perfect and sometimes we make mistakes but we always ask  for forgiveness. We can not know which religion is true but all we can do is believe in our own. You can't expect us to know which one is true. When the time comes, the truth will be revealed so these questions are not for us 

My religion believes that the thing you say is false, and I have the right to believe it!

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

And what religion is this? If you feel it is false that's not wrong because we are all sharing opinion so....

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

"fnflw123" wrote:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:

Why would you believe in something you think that there is no proof for? If you don't know if something is true, why would you believe it?

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

im athiest

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I believe in Christianity.I understand people have different beliefs.God bless =)