×
Back left
Back right

WHY do you believe in your religion?

Celebs cartoon
Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 13
    Ranking:

i also believe in Christianity! God bless! love you all


Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 6
    Ranking:

h
I am born muslim. I didn't think well of this religion well in my past. Thought of god as a physical figure. Something like a fairy. Hardly knew anything about islam... it was sad. I went through that "edgy" phase.  didn't think life had a purpose. I was tired of living. I kept having a plan in my mind to die. Courses for this religion, they uncovered the part of the religion I didn't know. It all started making sense. I was guided back to the good path. The meaning of life, Quran translated for me and explained, stories, etc. I only have the smallest speck of doubt, and I will look in there and hopefully everything will make sense then.


Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 225
    Ranking:

here we go again. here the main promoted topics are religious ones. idk why. here is a KIDS site. why is religion so promoted as it is a thing that should concern very much a KID??? I am still wandering why is this happen.

ok, I believe there is not a God as all religion say it is: not Islamic or Jew/Christian God. why would a god want us to dress somehow?

I would let u try Bo Burnham - From God's Perspective. Beautiful song! I heard few weeks ago and I was like... how did I live as a savage not knowing it. ha ha ha ha

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham ha ha ha ha


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 52
    Ranking:



"dora_me" wrote:


here we go again. here the main promoted topics are religious ones. idk why. here is a KIDS site. why is religion so promoted as it is a thing that should concern very much a KID??? I am still wandering why is this happen.







ok, I believe there is not a God as all religion say it is: not Islamic or Jew/Christian God. why would a god want us to dress somehow?







I would let u try Bo Burnham - From God's Perspective. Beautiful song! I heard few weeks ago and I was like... how did I live as a savage not knowing it. ha ha ha ha

[quote/]











I know that this is a Kid's site. Religion is something that influences people of all ages, sometimes even harmfully. Also, why do people behave like that religion is a topic that is not for kids and must not be touched? If someone says that 2 plus 2 is 5, and I corrected them, would I be responsible for attacking someone's beliefs?



Also, if someone believes that the fact a random book is true has as much credibility as say, "2+2+4" or "the Earth moves around the sun", then why not talk about it? If someone says that "the earth moves around the sun" you wouldn't say to them, "this is a KIDS site", would you? I don't think so.









"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 52
    Ranking:

"arianna4ever" wrote:

i also believe in Christianity! God bless! love you all


The subject of this forum is not what you believe, but why. Why do you believe in Christianity? Because you know everything about it and fully understand it, or do you believe because that's what your parents say?

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 64
    Ranking:

I don't think we should be doing this because we are still children and this is. kids site soooo


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 225
    Ranking:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:



"dora_me" wrote:


here we go again. here the main promoted topics are religious ones. idk why. here is a KIDS site. why is religion so promoted as it is a thing that should concern very much a KID??? I am still wandering why is this happen.



ok, I believe there is not a God as all religion say it is: not Islamic or Jew/Christian God. why would a god want us to dress somehow?



I would let u try Bo Burnham - From God's Perspective. Beautiful song! I heard few weeks ago and I was like... how did I live as a savage not knowing it. ha ha ha ha



[quote/]





I know that this is a Kid's site. Religion is something that influences people of all ages, sometimes even harmfully. Also, why do people behave like that religion is a topic that is not for kids and must not be touched? If someone says that 2 plus 2 is 5, and I corrected them, would I be responsible for attacking someone's beliefs?



Also, if someone believes that the fact a random book is true has as much credibility as say, "2+2+4" or "the Earth moves around the sun", then why not talk about it? If someone says that "the earth moves around the sun" you wouldn't say to them, "this is a KIDS site", would you? I don't think so.


 



Wow! Comparing something u cant prove for sure with basic maths u can prove it with 4 sticks... it is a very alright thing to make arguments. LOL
 
in my opinion, kids should not be allowed to talk about this thing just because it is something u can tell everything! U cant prove it without no doubts.
 
Fact: the neocortex is the part of the brain that is undeveloped at kids! why? it is the part of the brain that include the social skills - like what is allowed or not in society to be able to relate with others! (dont believe me - u can see professor Robert Sapolsky - he was at Joe Rogan's podcast once, he explained very welll that). Religious things are the most intolerant things in the world! the world according to a religious point of view is somehow or otherwise u will be punished by some guy who lives in the sky. why do ppl want to indoctrinate kids to hate different opinions????
 
they should present kids all the history of religions and let them decide after 18 where is the confession they want to be included. there is no need to fear the kids with some guy who no one saw it for real...
 
Also, u can take kids in space and show them that actually the Earth moves around the Sun but there is no God "up" there! LOL u cannot compare science with religion even science was once part of philosophy! it is like u would compare apple with bananas. both fruits but come on! we are just talking about why religion is so overrated and overpromoted on this kids site. when science is not. If would be my forum I would delete every topic open on that subject. And are so MANY!!! kids brain is undeveloped, dont get them wrong idea about life and scary death. let adults choose when they want!

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham ha ha ha ha


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 52
    Ranking:



"dora_me" wrote:








"Gigglesprouts" wrote:


















"dora_me" wrote:








here we go again. here the main promoted topics are religious ones. idk why. here is a KIDS site. why is religion so promoted as it is a thing that should concern very much a KID??? I am still wandering why is this happen.















ok, I believe there is not a God as all religion say it is: not Islamic or Jew/Christian God. why would a god want us to dress somehow?















I would let u try Bo Burnham - From God's Perspective. Beautiful song! I heard few weeks ago and I was like... how did I live as a savage not knowing it. ha ha ha ha















[quote/]























I know that this is a Kid's site. Religion is something that influences people of all ages, sometimes even harmfully. Also, why do people behave like that religion is a topic that is not for kids and must not be touched? If someone says that 2 plus 2 is 5, and I corrected them, would I be responsible for attacking someone's beliefs?















Also, if someone believes that the fact a random book is true has as much credibility as say, "2+2+4" or "the Earth moves around the sun", then why not talk about it? If someone says that "the earth moves around the sun" you wouldn't say to them, "this is a KIDS site", would you? I don't think so.














 









Wow! Comparing something u cant prove for sure with basic maths u can prove it with 4 sticks... it is a very alright thing to make arguments. LOL
 
in my opinion, kids should not be allowed to talk about this thing just because it is something u can tell everything! U cant prove it without no doubts.
 
Fact: the neocortex is the part of the brain that is undeveloped at kids! why? it is the part of the brain that include the social skills - like what is allowed or not in society to be able to relate with others! (dont believe me - u can see professor Robert Sapolsky - he was at Joe Rogan's podcast once, he explained very welll that). Religious things are the most intolerant things in the world! the world according to a religious point of view is somehow or otherwise u will be punished by some guy who lives in the sky. why do ppl want to indoctrinate kids to hate different opinions????
 
they should present kids all the history of religions and let them decide after 18 where is the confession they want to be included. there is no need to fear the kids with some guy who no one saw it for real...
 
Also, u can take kids in space and show them that actually the Earth moves around the Sun but there is no God "up" there! LOL u cannot compare science with religion even science was once part of philosophy! it is like u would compare apple with bananas. both fruits but come on! we are just talking about why religion is so overrated and overpromoted on this kids site. when science is not. If would be my forum I would delete every topic open on that subject. And are so MANY!!! kids brain is undeveloped, dont get them wrong idea about life and scary death. let adults choose when they want!



I do not believe in God, or gods, or fairies, or Zeus, and I agree with you that unlike basic science, "God" cannot be proved. But does that mean that "God" (or "Invisible Pink Unicorn, depending on your religion) is something that must not be talked about? If I say that "Evolution has been proved by science", then many people would say, "Why are you attacking my faith?", even if I do not say anything against their faith. See, people think that their religion and reality are the same thing. So talking about reality is the same as talking about religion. If I say "The Earth moves around the Sun and there's no denying it", then I am actively "attacking people's opinions", because most of the world religions think that that is not true. 



Also, you say that the neocortex is about social skills. Alright, let's suppose that kids are a bunch of idiots with no social skills. But still, why would that make talking about things like these bad? Talking about this is not about social skills. I only asked WHY people believe in their religion. I am not talking about social skills and about which people will be burning in Hell Also, is your neocortex developed enough to say anything right? 

And in my opinion my neocortex is now developed enough to understand logic and that I will stand by my opinions that I have right now till I am 25, 48, or seventy thousand years old (by the time I will be burning in hell, apparently). (Just kidding, I will likely be brainwashed by the government), Also the fact that people are automatically adults after 18 is just an outright lie. People biologically become "adults" much earlier, and whether they are psychologically "adults" is something different. People after 18 can be psychologically, let's just say, errrr...a bit immature, too, (*cough* *cough* *Idiots who drink bleach* *cough* *cough*), while people before 18 can be mature psychologically, too. Also, would you say that a 17 year old is a "child"?(Maybe, seeing that you don't have a developed neocortex). Even the time measurement of "year" is invented. Any other time measurement could be used in it's place.

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 52
    Ranking:

"fnflw123" wrote:

I don't think we should be doing this because we are still children and this is. kids site soooo


Why are you spreading hate against my my faith? In the Book of the Invisible Pink Unicorn, Chapter 5, Verse 45< it is said, "Whatever fnflw123 says is wrong as hell XD"

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted about 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 64
    Ranking:

First of all, sorry for the misunderstanding because I don't hate your faith and if whatever I say is wrong as hell hen that's your opinion. I'm not apologizing for giving my opinion and since I'm as wrong as hell. Then if I say you are right then I guess you are not right because I'm as wrong as hell. Watch what you say to me because I don't get threatened. Frustrated