×
Back left
Back right

WHY do you believe in your religion?

Celebs cartoon
Posted 9 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 202
    Ranking:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:



"dora_me" wrote:






"Gigglesprouts" wrote:






"dora_me" wrote:




here we go again. here the main promoted topics are religious ones. idk why. here is a KIDS site. why is religion so promoted as it is a thing that should concern very much a KID??? I am still wandering why is this happen.



ok, I believe there is not a God as all religion say it is: not Islamic or Jew/Christian God. why would a god want us to dress somehow?



I would let u try Bo Burnham - From God's Perspective. Beautiful song! I heard few weeks ago and I was like... how did I live as a savage not knowing it. ha ha ha ha





[quote/]





I know that this is a Kid's site. Religion is something that influences people of all ages, sometimes even harmfully. Also, why do people behave like that religion is a topic that is not for kids and must not be touched? If someone says that 2 plus 2 is 5, and I corrected them, would I be responsible for attacking someone's beliefs?





Also, if someone believes that the fact a random book is true has as much credibility as say, "2+2+4" or "the Earth moves around the sun", then why not talk about it? If someone says that "the earth moves around the sun" you wouldn't say to them, "this is a KIDS site", would you? I don't think so.






















 













Wow! Comparing something u cant prove for sure with basic maths u can prove it with 4 sticks... it is a very alright thing to make arguments. LOL
 
in my opinion, kids should not be allowed to talk about this thing just because it is something u can tell everything! U cant prove it without no doubts.
 
Fact: the neocortex is the part of the brain that is undeveloped at kids! why? it is the part of the brain that include the social skills - like what is allowed or not in society to be able to relate with others! (dont believe me - u can see professor Robert Sapolsky - he was at Joe Rogan's podcast once, he explained very welll that). Religious things are the most intolerant things in the world! the world according to a religious point of view is somehow or otherwise u will be punished by some guy who lives in the sky. why do ppl want to indoctrinate kids to hate different opinions????
 
they should present kids all the history of religions and let them decide after 18 where is the confession they want to be included. there is no need to fear the kids with some guy who no one saw it for real...
 
Also, u can take kids in space and show them that actually the Earth moves around the Sun but there is no God "up" there! LOL u cannot compare science with religion even science was once part of philosophy! it is like u would compare apple with bananas. both fruits but come on! we are just talking about why religion is so overrated and overpromoted on this kids site. when science is not. If would be my forum I would delete every topic open on that subject. And are so MANY!!! kids brain is undeveloped, dont get them wrong idea about life and scary death. let adults choose when they want!



I do not believe in God, or gods, or fairies, or Zeus, and I agree with you that unlike basic science, "God" cannot be proved. But does that mean that "God" (or "Invisible Pink Unicorn, depending on your religion) is something that must not be talked about? If I say that "Evolution has been proved by science", then many people would say, "Why are you attacking my faith?", even if I do not say anything against their faith. See, people think that their religion and reality are the same thing. So talking about reality is the same as talking about religion. If I say "The Earth moves around the Sun and there's no denying it", then I am actively "attacking people's opinions", because most of the world religions think that that is not true. 

Also, you say that the neocortex is about social skills. Alright, let's suppose that kids are a bunch of idiots with no social skills. But still, why would that make talking about things like these bad? Talking about this is not about social skills. I only asked WHY people believe in their religion. I am not talking about social skills and about which people will be burning in Hell Also, is your neocortex developed enough to say anything right? 

And in my opinion my neocortex is now developed enough to understand logic and that I will stand by my opinions that I have right now till I am 25, 48, or seventy thousand years old (by the time I will be burning in hell, apparently). (Just kidding, I will likely be brainwashed by the government), Also the fact that people are automatically adults after 18 is just an outright lie. People biologically become "adults" much earlier, and whether they are psychologically "adults" is something different. People after 18 can be psychologically, let's just say, errrr...a bit immature, too, (*cough* *cough* *Idiots who drink bleach* *cough* *cough*), while people before 18 can be mature psychologically, too. Also, would you say that a 17 year old is a "child"?(Maybe, seeing that you don't have a developed neocortex). Even the time measurement of "year" is invented. Any other time measurement could be used in it's place.


Ok, maybe I said wrong or something. I did not say humans became adults first second when they turn 18. But society or at least many of countries decided that when u turn 18 u can be considered responsible for ur own actions. that is why I said should let people decide which religion they want at 18. Not when they are 5 years. Kids are not stupid but they do not understand fully things. I am not saying they do not learn social skills... but they are on the learning road, not on the part when they feel there is nothing to learn! I am just saying that talking about "why ppl believe in god" is not the best way to learn about how to deal with society - cuz many comes here with their own background! If kids would have in their education only a history of religions - all of them... starting with animists religions, polytheists and monotheists religions and presenting even the new form of religion dataism. and after u turn 18 u can have all conversation on what u choice, cuz u made ur own decision. Before that just stop with those nonsense like Jesus for ever and Allah akbar.

Read Sapiens of Harari to understand how religion is a social thing and how it kept united societies in the past. That is why I also said undeveloped brains should not talk too much about god. Religion also have some rules that influence societies! Human Rights are some derivation of the new testament of christianity. We are all equal in front of god so we must be equals on Earth too.

If the title of topic would be like "why ppl need to believe in something" and would be a philosophical debate not a show-down of their own believes then I would be ok. But there is not. Why? Cuz they are kids! they on their learning path of life. Let them be kids! Let them get their answers together and when they would be adults they would choice what can fit for them. that is why I would delete every single try to show-down religion believes on the net if u are under 18. I know it is something just society decided but it had some biological logic too.

If u are kid - in my opinion - u should learn only about the history of religion! not talking about them. not as much as I can see here. there are too MANY topics on same subject!

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham LOL


Posted 9 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 91
    Ranking:

I believe in MUSLIM








I birth to muslim 
I live to muslim 
I die in muslim 


Posted 8 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 253
    Ranking:

Personally, I believe in both God and science. 
I believe in God because I believe that there is one God watching over us, guiding us through life. Now, some people take the whole God thing to another level, thinking He'll fix everything in you're life the second you start praying and soon everything will be cupcakes and rainbows. God isn't here to fix your life, He's here to guide you in the direction you need to go, but you have a choice to either listen to Him, or ignore Him. It's your life, not His.
But, there are some flaws to Christianity, which is why I also believe in science. Some things in the Bible can only be explained as, "The workings of God." But, they can be scientifically proven to be caused by something else.
This might not make a lot of sense, but I hope anyone who reads this gets at least a little bit of what I'm trying to say.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. – Josh Billings


Posted 8 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 43
    Ranking:

"athirah123" wrote:

I believe in MUSLIM

















I birth to muslim 

I live to muslim 

I die in muslim 



Why is your profile pic a picture of a girl without hijab?


Also, you know what, @dora_me is right. Most of you have undeveloped brains. This is not a place to flaunt your beliefs but to say WHY you have faith in them. Also, nobody "births to Muslim". Babies are atheists from birth. Why would a baby assert the existence of a thing it doesn't even know?

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted 8 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 43
    Ranking:

"Happy202" wrote:

Personally, I believe in both God and science. 

I believe in God because I believe that there is one God watching over us, guiding us through life. Now, some people take the whole God thing to another level, thinking He'll fix everything in you're life the second you start praying and soon everything will be cupcakes and rainbows. God isn't here to fix your life, He's here to guide you in the direction you need to go, but you have a choice to either listen to Him, or ignore Him. It's your life, not His.

But, there are some flaws to Christianity, which is why I also believe in science. Some things in the Bible can only be explained as, "The workings of God." But, they can be scientifically proven to be caused by something else.

This might not make a lot of sense, but I hope anyone who reads this gets at least a little bit of what I'm trying to say.



I have read the Bible. Some really insightful verses are:
Leviticus 24: 10--16
Deuteronomy 22: 28--29

Also Numbers 31: 13--18:

In the passage, the Jewish army had returned from  conquering the Midianites , and Moses went to meet it, saying angrily:

"Have ye saved all the women alive? behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of  Balaam , to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of  Peor , and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. Now, therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known a man by lying with him; but all the women-children, that  have not known a man by lying with him , keep alive for yourselves."

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted 8 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 43
    Ranking:

Alright I am done with this, you creatures with undeveloped brains!

"I would rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned"--Richard Feynman


Posted 7 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 6
    Ranking:

"Gigglesprouts" wrote:

Alright I am done with this, you creatures with undeveloped brains!

That's kind of rude


Posted 6 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 4778
    Ranking:

Have to agree. I want to read a few religious texts soon to understand more of what they speak of and follow what I feel is right. I grew up Christian but I have to admit, there are a lot of beautiful things taught by other religions too.

Festivals are fun because of the people you get to spend time with. I don't get many chances to celebrate ones which are not of my religion but I would like to.

You are hilarious just believe it