Back left
Back right

I'm not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion.

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I'm talking about this is a historical perspective here. In the Middle Ages, there was a hierarchy and such. You get it. Serfs, Knights, Barons, Church, and then the Crown. In the Renaissance, after the Middle Ages, many people discovered that the Church was just a scam. They usurped wealth and power, and did a bad job at helping the public.

The plague killed more than half of Europe. The pilgrims tried to go to shrines to pray, but died anyways. The Church lost power, but Christianity still didn't die out completely. Why did people keep believing?

Do NOT derail the point of this thread by giving an answer involving a higher power intervening somehow.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

Well, I honestly can't say I really know, but a theory I have is that people needed to rely on something, and for some reason they just chose Christianity.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

People seem to have some innate desire to have purpose in their life, and Christianity (or, really, the belief in any god) is the easiest way to go about that. You're given all the answers, and some benevolent, omnipotent deity has actually been to EARTH, of all places.

It''s just too comfortable for people to give up.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

Well the historical answer is that it didnt die out in the Ressiance....you still had the Anglican church well into the 1500s.....and the Puritans left for religious freedom and then God was put inoto Government.

But alot of it was the middle Ages..ideas were spread....alot of people were preaching non stop, it didnt just die out.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

*shrug* A lot of people feel very strongly about their religion. One might think Judaism might die away because of the Exodus, Holocaust, etc. 

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Crimson Commune" wrote:

I'm talking about this is a historical perspective here. In the Middle Ages, there was a hierarchy and such. You get it. Serfs, Knights, Barons, Church, and then the Crown. In the Renaissance, after the Middle Ages, many people discovered that the Church was just a scam. They usurped wealth and power, and did a bad job at helping the public. The plague killed more than half of Europe. The pilgrims tried to go to shrines to pray, but died anyways. The Church lost power, but Christianity still didn't die out completely. Why did people keep believing? Do NOT derail the point of this thread by giving an answer involving a higher power intervening somehow.

i personally think bcuz it wuz true, no1, & i mean no1, can prove he isn't unless ur dead and ud hav 2 come back as a ghost and tell me which isnt exsactly proven until ur dead either so stop doubting and start believing bcuz u might regret it!

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Um maybe because people don't want to be sent to #### for not believing in God....

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

############ ######

######## ######## ######

### ####### ##### #### ## # ########## ########### ####. ## ### ###### ####, ##### ### ############### ####. ### ### ##.######, #######, ######, ######, ### #### ### #####. ## ### ###########, ##### ### ###### ####, #### ###### ########## #### ### ###### ### #### # ####. #### ####### ###### ### #####, ### ### # ### ### ## ####### ### ######. ### ###### ###### #### #### half of ######. ### ######## ##### ## ## ## ####### ## ####, but #### #######. ### ###### #### #####, but ############ ##### ###### ### ### ##########. ### ### ###### #### #########? ## ### ###### ### ##### ## #### ###### ## ###### ## ###### ######### # ###### ##### ########### #######.

# ########## ##### #### ## ########, ###, ##### # #### ###, ### ##### ## ##### ###### ## #### ### ## ### # come back as a ghost and tell me which isnt exsactly proven until ur dead either so stop doubting and start believing bcuz u might regret it!

Pascal's Wager is a silly thing. 

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Alekhine" wrote:

############ ######

######## ######## ######

### ####### ##### #### ## # ########## ########### ####. ## ### ###### ####, ##### ### ############### ####. ### ### ##.######, #######, ######, ######, ### #### ### #####. ## ### ###########, ##### ### ###### ####, #### ###### ########## #### ### ###### ### #### # ####. #### ####### ###### ### #####, ### ### # ### ### ## ####### ### ######. ### ###### ###### #### #### half of ######. ### ######## ##### ## ## ## ####### ## ####, but #### #######. ### ###### #### #####, but ############ ##### ###### ### ### ##########. ### ### ###### #### #########? ## ### ###### ### ##### ## #### ###### ## ###### ## ###### ######### # ###### ##### ########### #######.

# ########## ##### #### ## ########, ###, ##### # #### ###, ### ##### ## ##### ###### ## #### ### ## ### # come back as a ghost and tell me which isnt exsactly proven until ur dead either so stop doubting and start believing bcuz u might regret it!

Pascal's Wager is a silly thing. 

Not exactly, because you look at its discredibility from a standpoint that already all religion is wrong.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"come back as a ghost and tell me which isnt exsactly proven until ur dead either so stop doubting and start believing bcuz u might regret it!"

Now, I want you to take the time to actually read over the thread, realize that you're not helping in any way whatsoever, and leave.

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity