Back left
Back right
Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl
    Ranking:

I'm having trouble at home because I have this huge project for school. It's called Worlds Fair, and the fifth graders do it every year. Everyone gets assigned a country, and mine is Ethiopia. My mom is very controlling and is trying to do the whole thing for me. We would make booths if we were at school, but now we are doing slideshows. She is making me do a lot of things I don't want to do, and I feel like it's not MY project anymore. So I talked to my teacher about it, and we had a really nice talk. When I came out of my room, I was crying, because the talk was very emotional. My mom asked me what we talked about, and I had to get to class. But she wouldn't let me! So I had to tell her. And she got angry at me and told me that it isn't my teacher's JOB to talk to me about this stuff, and so I should have talked to the guidence counselor about it. And I REALLY don't like my counselor. She is SOOOO annoying! But my teacher, I'm going to call her Ms. V, told me to tell my mom how I felt, and now I think my mom doesn't like Ms. V. And she got SOOO angry at me.

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl
    Ranking:

are we the same people here because i have a mom just like that too! Frown well i think this advice should work for you: try to talk it out at a good time calmly with your mom. like at a quiet and peaceful dinner. tell her that you would like to do the project by your own. 

Try saying something like this:

"Hey mom. Listen, I know you are such a nice mom and you love to help me and I'm very grateful for that but can I please do this project on my own? I'm so happy that you're doing this for me and I love that but I'd like to finish it on my own. When I do need your help I can tell you but when I don't I'll do it on my own. Your support is awesome but I'd just like to do this because it's my project and I want to do it independently. I hope you understand and I love that you're helping but please, for the left out parts, just let me work on them and if I ever need your help, I'll tell you. Thanks." 

I'm positive this is going to work. Big Grin If it doesn't, well, I'm afraid our moms are just not good listeners (no offense). Use this advice wisely and don't say it during  time where your mom's mad, tired, or just frustrated. Do it during a calm and nice day otherwise she might burn up and get mad at you all over again. Try to talk out your feelings deeply with her and remember that you still love her support and help but you just want to do the rest of the project on your own. If you don't feel ready to do that, you can always write it down it a journal and once you do that, if you feel more confident, write a letter instead apologizing that you're telling her to stop working on your project by herself and tell her that you'd like to do the project on your own. I'm sorry if this doesn't work but if it does, I hope your project will be epic! smile

Idiots are of two kinds, those who try to be smart and those who think they are smart. -Raheel Farooq