Back left
Back right
Posted over 1 year ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Where to begin...

So, I've been homeschooled since 4th grade. I had one, maybe two friends before I was homescholed. I really want to have friends that talk to me, won't betray me, and won't hang out with me just because I'm lonely. The problem is this: I'm terrible at socializing, I have social anxiety, I feel insecure, I'm introverted, have a low self-esteem, I'm a pushover, and I've been really shy since I was really little. I was also betrayed by my "friend" a year or two ago.

I don't seem to have anything in common with most people (other than someone I met at camp; I barely see her anymore) and the people I try to be friends with have friends who seem to interrupt only me . I feel completely invisible, and like I'm unworthy of having friends. I end up "motivating" myself negatively, saying stuff like, "unless I want to live alone, I need to make friends," but it then becomes, "Friends will end."

I hope someone will give me some meaningful advice and not , "Just say hi and see what happens!"

Mermaids were here and most likely on my tablet.

Just your typical roleplayer, fangirl, and friend that you can trust!

Posted over 1 year ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Ahhh Mermaid I can relate perfectly!! It's so hard to make friends as a shy and/or introverted person and I know that I was incredibly lucky with my real-life friends! But I'll try my best to give you some meaningful advice on this.

My first suggestion is to just try to be yourself out in public. Show your interests and that you're alive. Those kinds of things attract people and motivate them to start talking to you, especially if they realize they're missing out on a lot of fun. It might be hard to accomplish that, though, so I recommend trying that when a brother/sister is with you; just socialize with them like you normally do and focus on that.

Second, if there's an adult at a camp or other social event you regularly attend that you're relatively comfortable with, ask him/her to introduce you to someone they think you'd make good friends with if anyone new who would shows up. Alternatively, you can actively help out anyone who is new--that usually goes a long way, especially if that person was also worried about being unable to make friends!

The last suggestion I have for you is to think hard about the people you see often. Which of them looks lonely or shy, too? If you can spot someone who doesn't seem to be very social, there's a good chance they're in the same boat as you and would love having you as a friend. Most of the time, to get friends you're going to have to try very hard to do so. Just keep in mind the fact that it's not going to work like magic and may take a while.

I wish that I could live in your area to be that kind of a friend to you! Best of luck! smile

Hello yes I am Abbergrl's mom
December 23rd, 2019 is when I gotta go ;-;
So these last months of mine, I'm gonna try to make them good