Back left
Back right

Hollow Knight general discussion thread (Wait for Silksong here)

Celebs cartoon
Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

What is this thread?

This is a thread for the game Hollow Knight (Obviously!) But what is Hollow Knight? Hollow Knight is a gothic metroidvania platformer game by Team Cherry. You play as the Knight, a failed vessel that somehow crawled up from the very abyss of Hallownest itself. You do not matter. Yet you find yourself fighting through the (insane) difficulty of the now destroyed once thriving kingdom of Hallownest, trying to find your purpose as you die and die again while exploring this open world game.

Hollow Knight focuses on in-depth lore to build a beautiful world. Even if you aren't into Hollow Knight's hands-on-immersive-lore the satisfying combat will have you hooked and looking towards each one of the 47 bosses of it. This is not an easy game though, the bosses and enemies are unforgiving and the parkour will be some of if not the worst you'll ever meet. This complimenting with the extremely low set of health you have (comparable to games like Cuphead) can put you in a pretty rough spot. However, no death is wasteful and is only another stepping stone set in your journey into the depths of Hallownest.

Everything that stems from Hollow Knight is allowed and encouraged, from questions to discussions to maybe you wanna share your rage from a boss fight (I for one am still stuck on Nightmare King Grimm.) I will respond myself to any of you as much as I can. I haven't found anyone into this amazing game here yet, so maybe those of you on the same boat can find like-minded people here!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I loved Hollow Knight. Can't wait for Silk Song.

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Haha, Team Cherry said themselves that they’d publish Silksong once it reaches the quality of the original. So expect a sequel that’s equally as good as Hollow Knight. It’s been a year and a half since Nintendo posted the trailer for Silksong on their YouTube so expect it to come within the year. A lot of people expect it to come near the end of the year but there’s nothing officially posted regarding that smile

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I managed to beat Nightmare King Grimm finally!