Back right

Superhero RP (OPEN, PLEASE JOIN)

Celebs cartoon
Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

CREATING A SUPERHERO

This guide will walk through how to create a superhero, step-by-step.

Step 1: Choose Powers

The first step is to choose a power or set of powers. This really goes hand in hand with step 2.

If you have trouble coming up with powers, then you can choose a theme (i. e. Spiderman) and add powers based on that theme. 

1b: Transportation

If not already defined, there are several ideas for methods of getting around.

If their powers contain flight or speed, there’s your movement for you.

Otherwise you can use a vehicle that they can summon (or that they can’t; weakness idea) or something similar, perhaps a realized version of a fast travel menu (tablet with near instant transportation to major waypoints). You can also add a transportation variant of another power (for example, Spiderman’s webs) or a non-superhuman athletic factor. 

Step 2: Choose Weakness 

The weakness usually presents itself in the form of a limitation to the superhero’s powers. There are a few main types.

Temporal

You can have the powers only be active at certain times of day or have different powers depending on the time of day. Like your superhero could have invisibility powers but only at day, and at night they have super speed. This also contains cooldown for abilities, however cooldowns seem too “artificial” and so they’re not recommended, unless the powers come from robotic enhancements that need to recharge.

Only and Always

Your superhero’s power could be a different state, that happens only when a certain condition is met, and always during that period. The closest I know of to this is Hulk, and while not superheroes, werewolves provide a good example, only being in their wolf form during a full moon, and are always in their wolf form during a full moon, though sources may vary.

Material

Kryptonite is so classic that it’s become a phrase. Kryptonite is an example of a material weakness -- a material that can, by contact or by proximity, weaken the superhero and/or their powers, or disable or modify their powers.

Power Battery
Spiderman’s web fluid is stored, and it can run out, therefore presenting a weakness.

No Superpower

Maybe their powers aren’t superhuman, and they’re just extremely good at certain things, for example Batman. This can tie in with #6.

Uses Tools

The power could be based on tools that the superhero could simply not have, and there’s your weakness for you.

Uncontrollable

Say your superhero can teleport, but only once every minute and to a random open location within 30 feet. This is an uncontrollable type weakness. Other examples are novice superheroes such as Miles Morales who feature a different kind, where their powers themselves are predictable but they can’t do it on command.

Step 3 (opt.) Create an Origin Story

If you want to, and the powers fit together well enough, you can create an origin story for your superhero. This can get a little bit tedious when assembling a team of superheroes however.

Step 4: Name your Superhero

All the cool names are taken, let’s not forget that, however you can name your superhero after their theme if they have one or use one from a superhero name generator.

4b: Secret Identity

Do they have one or does everyone know what your superhero’s real name is? If they do keep their identity secret, why? With the right origin story, their name can be their real name, or you can just not give the superhero a “superhero name” and have them be known by their real name.

Step 5: Appearance

Again, if there’s a theme, it’s easy, however if there isn’t, you’ll have to come up with a theme that isn’t related to the powers. 

Form: 

Superhero Name(s):

Power(s) and Weakness:

(Toolssmile

(Transportationsmile

Appearance:

Origin:

Personality:

Pronouns:

My own character:

Superhero Name: Dilator

Earth Name: Kyle Brown (Not Secret)

Powers and Weakness: Can slow down the passing of time for himself and any object that he is in contact with of his choice, but it is physically straining to do so. This allows apparent super-speed to an observer for a short amount of time.

Appearance: generally wears a black outfit with orange, white, and turquoise stripes, with a short hairstyle and a square face. 

Origin: extraterrestrial; he was on a ship that got dangerously close to an exotic black hole, the rest of the crew had the same effect but were killed due to strict rulings. He escaped on a badly out of control ship that crash landed on Earth.

Personality: still doesn't quite understand certain social cues yet, optimistic, not quite as serious as you would think. can be hard to make friends with but wants to make friends with as many people as possible (just doesn't really know how to ).

Pronouns: he/him, they/them

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ
¿uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ɟɟnʇs ⅋ sʞuᴉl puǝs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ op ʎɥM

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

BUMP

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

BUUUUUUMP

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

This is what a very annoyed person sounds like.

BUMP Big Frown((((((((((((((((((((

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Can i still join 

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

So, do we create a superhero or somthin?

ok, here's mine

Superhero Name(s):  Admirer 

Power(s) and Weakness: Laser Eyes and has super strength, but is vulnerable and sensitive

(Tools Has special clothing that cannot be destroyed and protects most of her body

(Transportation Flying

Appearance: Normal height, Dark purple hair, pale skin

Origin: I was a girl in a village doing alright
but then i became a superhero overnight!
now I got to figure out how to do it right!
so much to learn and save!
up in my lair with my new teammates
in a school that's just for super heroes!
a whole super world is waiting for me!
I'm so excited to be
(insert cool name here!(It's Admirer, but it doesn't sound cool.))
I'm finding out what being super is all about!
It's  gonna be my time...
to show them all I'm..!

Personality: Optimistic and sensitive