Back left
Back right

Are you a good user?

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Hello users, I bet you're here because you're wondering if you're a good potato. I'm posting this thread to give you tips on how to be a good potato online. And by potato I mean Kidzworld user smile

​T – is it true?
H – is it hurtful?
I – is it illegal? (Or inspiring)
N – is it necessary?
K – is it kind?

Once it's said; the web is fed. 

If you wouldn't do it face to face, why do it online?
Basically, if you wouldn't start a random fight, or talk to a stranger in the middle of the street – why would you do it online? Remember that the Internet is still the real world, and you can't trust everyone online. 

Is it offensive?
This can be apply for many different topics such as, is it offensive to younger children, is it offensive to other races, other genders, other regions, etc. It may not be offensive to you – but it can be offensive to others. Before you post something that may come out to others as offensive, explain your reasoning. 

Is it appropriate
This again can be applied to many different topics. Not only does being appropriate mean appropriate language – but it also means staying on the appropriate topic (such as a topic on cats, should not become a topic on broccoli) 

We all have opinions
A lot of users do not understand that we all have our own opinions. Just because someone prefers dogs over cats doesn't mean that they're the most horrible human on earth. A lot of people have specific reasons as to why they are on a certain side. Try to reason with the other user and understand their side, instead of offending them. 

Does it make sense
Make sure you're using correct spelling and even punctuation in conversations. Ppl don not undasternd dis talkzing. Also as you have heard, sometimes when you don't use punctuation in your sentences your text can make a different meaning! 
I like cooking my family and my pets. 
I like cooking, my family and my pets.
If you don't understand that, the first line means you're going to eat your family and yours pets!!! Use commas, don't be a psycho! 

Facts before display
Before you post or go after someone (I advise not going after anyone though…) make sure your facts are true. Just because Anne said Kris stole your cat, doesn't mean Ryan stole your cat instead. Anne was just starting rumours!

Sorry sweetie, no take backs. 
Don't give out your personal information, other website user names, password, address, school, or any personal info along that line. Not everyone is who they say they are. Everything you do online is captured forever… Once you've posted something online (even offline) you can't take it back. Something may not be hurtful to you, but it can still be hurtful and/or threatening to other people.  If you don’t want your family seeing something, then don't post it online. If you lose your temper, don't start fights or spread rumours. It's the Internet, there's many ways to ignore someone. People tend to say things they don't mean, not knowing that it can be HURTFUL. Also don't reply to messages that make you feel unsafe or hurt – instead report, block, delete. 

Keep me safe and secure.
Make sure your personal info is kept private (including log in info.. Passes, usernames..). Your info belongs to you and only you. Just because you're close to someone online, doesn't mean you can post inappropriate content or share your personal info. Not even your Netflix info.  Watch what you say or do! Follow the same rules you'd follow in real life. I swear on me mum, don't ever meet someone you met online in real life. Ask your parents before you post pictures of yourself; also get permission from friends and their parents if it's okay to post pictures of your friends and you together. 

I love you, you love me.
I suggest not to date online under the age of 18, because as I posted above, some people say things they don't mean. Some people gets over their head and do things they wouldn't usually do, including bad things. Many people who date online, also may have more than one ‘lover’ and are just using you. You also don't know the persons true age, or who they really are. Chances are if you date online or get too close to someone, you're going to get hurt (as they say, “you're cruising for a bruising”) 

I R uncomfortable 
If something makes you uncomfortable, I suggest you stop what you're doing and talk to an adult – I also recommend going directly to Jordan . There are several safe sites, so why go on the unsafe ones? 

For more info on how to be safe, or if there's a fishy person or if you need any help comment the KW Manager Jordan . Click here to see a list of KW Mods and Jr. Mods.

Keep safe children Wink

Don’t forget to read Kidzworld’s rules !

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I thought this was going to be a silly thread but it's actually quite nice. Merits a sticky somewhere nice and cozy next to other rules IMO

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"-Karpov-" wrote:

I thought this was going to be a silly thread but it's actually quite nice. Merits a sticky somewhere nice and cozy next to other rules IMO
thanks Wink

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

Thank you for posting this Bun Love and its the awesome advises Angel

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"hugebear" wrote:

Thank you for posting this Bun Love and its the awesome advises Angel
thanks guys! There's going to be some edits too btw (filtered edits and stuff) 

also thank you to Jordan for giving me this idea (her password thread and e-dating thread. Wink

opinions and suggestions are highly appreciated! smile 

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

Nice advises smile

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Great thread, Alicia!! Big Grin 

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

its an awesomee thread

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl

Hi and yes, I'm a new user. This place is awesome!!! Plus you guys are honored because this is my first post EVER on KW...!!!

From the one and only JellyBeanBabe

Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
if this doesn't get stickied I shall eat my own socks

oh, fantastic thread by the way Big Grin I think it should be shared with every new member because most don't seem to read the rules, despite being told to

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Videos
Entertainment
Forum Activity