Back right

There are only 2 genders: Change my Mind

Celebs cartoon
Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

@Ice_Noobz​​​​

I'm not saying I support these "transtrenders" who call themselves trans but are really just have the idea that is it somehow glamorous and special, and are technically faking it. I think it is ridiculous. Being trans is more than a label and going by different pronouns, it's a real feeling and a part of you that will always be there. Being cis is cool too! Just being yourself is what more people need to do, not put themselves into groups and labels that seem trendy but don't connect with you at all.

"FALSEHOOD"

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

"indiemics" wrote:

@ValenciaRose

I might be getting a little defensive here, but I certainly wouldn't call it a delusion! You don't know if this person is just following some sort of trend or if this is the way they genuinely feel and want to be referred as. And I have heard the whole "transgender is just a trend" thing, and I very much disagree. Put yourself in a non-binary person's position for a moment, regardless if you want to or not. Now it's your pronouns being dismissed as made up, and your identity being labeled as a delusion, and your real feelings. This is who you are, and you know it, and it hurts you to be called a "transtrender" and being misjudges and misgendered constantly. If you just did what I asked you to do, and put yourself in a non-binary person's situation, I think you might have more sympathy and perhaps more tolerance. If not, i'm sorry.

That is possibly true if in the future people like your friend end up realizing that they are actually trans and not just borrowing random words because they think they're real. I didn't say transgender is just a trend. Dysphoria is very real. I've mentioned a few posts ago I have a friend who is trans and I strongly empathize with his struggles. I do not sympathize for people who are overly obsessed with the Internet culture to the point of believing that concepts such as agender and demisexual exist. 

As much as I don't agree with the right to identify as 'they' I accept that it exists. If you appear to show signs of distress when I call you the wrong pronoun I will not mistreat you. Why? Because I'm not an awful and insensitive person. The truth, on the other hand, is that the LGBT community expands any further. Imagine if I strongly felt that the Earth was flat. You can tolerate my opinions as much as you want but at the end of the day we all know that it's not the truth. Leaving me to my own devices is just immoral because there is no evidence at all to support me apart from the odd conspiracy hoax.

Respectfully you will never meet a right winger who uses pronouns like that.  I have observed that everyone who uses made up pronouns tends to be on the left. Sexual orientation and gender identity transgress political ideologies. I challenge you to find me someone on the right who doesn't identify as "he/her/they". I challenge you to find me a book written by an expert on "ze/sie/zie/ey/per/air". 

I encourage you to watch youtubers such as contrapoints, blaire white and rose of dawn. They are informed individuals who talk about gender issues in depth and I believe they will help you develop your ideas more critically. I am acquainted with many right wing transgender people online and I am part of the right wing LGBT community both as an ally and member of the community. You accuse me of lacking empathy and tolerance. On my profile I have several photographs of myself at pride. This is why I see so many ongoing issues with the LGBT community and with Pride. This doesn't make me a bigot. I am able to stand back and disagree. The ability to challenge your perceptions will benefit you immensely.

Posted 6 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

@ValenciaRose

I am fine with you disagreeing with non-binary genders as long as there is respect and tolerance, and the recognition that this is a person who identifies this way, provided they are not just a 'transtrender'. I personally believe and support every section of the LGBT community, but perhaps you do not, and lots of people do not, and I know that getting the entire world to support LGBT rights, while ideal in some ways, is unrealistic and unapologetic.

"FALSEHOOD"

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Bump

Posted 4 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

"jake495" wrote:

i want to see how people react to this. i also want to discuss this with someone that disagrees with this statement, even though most people believe this statement is a fundamental fact. (someone other than Tennis123 being the main attraction in my forum for once)

Preach brother

Posted 8 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

There are not only two genders. There are more such as Trigender or Bigender. I think that gender is based on what you feel. I can't really say what I want to but yeah, there are not only two genders

Posted 1 day ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I agree, as i have repeated over and over on this site, there are more than two genders. Gender is separate from s3x. period. i cannot stress this enough. Whatever parts you have do not weigh into what your gender is, but the parts you have can make you feel extremely uncomfortable with yourself if you are transgender. Some example of nonbinary gender identities are demiboy/girl, trigender, bigender, agender, genderfluid, genderqueer, polygender, androgyne, greygender, aporagender, maverique, novigender, etc. Gender is how you feel in your mind, s3x, or your birth-assigned gender are the physical parts that make you female or male s3x, not gender.

"FALSEHOOD"