Back left
Back right
Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I seriously don't get this. Why is it even a debate to be had? Why are we questioning basic human rights? Because of a book written 2000 years ago (roughly)? Why does this even matter? Jews are not allowed to eat pork, right? So should they ban pork for everyone else? Of course not. The bible says it's wrong for a man to sleep with a man. Does that mean we should ban it for everyone else? North Carolina thinks so. Are we, in this modern day and age, where I am able to be conveying my ideas to you digitally through wires and circuits and pixels and all this stuff, going to restrict the basic human rights of people because they have a sexual attraction to someone of the same gender? Is this a legitimate thing?? I think sometimes we forget how atrocious this truly is. Even those in the midst of the heaviest debates on the subject I think forget how disgusting this is. This isn't even about whether or not a religion is accurate, it's about the fact that one religion's moral values are being imposed on millions of people, in a nation where the first amendment to our constitution says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" (I understand this is not the entire first amendment, nor does everyone here live in America) I feel as though things like this are what cause our stereotypes to become even worse. Being on the internet and talking to people., what people think of Americans is not flattering in the least. Now, I'm not sure, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it MIGHT have something to do with the fact that we don't allow basic human rights to people, simply because they like the same gender.  So yeah. Respond, debate, do whatever. 

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Because it's our nature to argue about people different than us needing to conform for our own personal satisfaction?

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Because idiots are loud. They don't realise that equality (In the sense of rights) Means equality for everyone.  They don't understand that it's not a matter of can they raise kids, are they just going through a phase. etc, but a matter of equality. If equality= good, same sex marriage= Legal.  People just get distracted with bringing religion into the debate and questioning whether they can raise children and saying stupid things which can be countered by simply agreeing in a sarcastic manner Legalisation of same-sex marriage will happen soon enough., and the people protesting it will look a silly in 50 year as those who protested interracial marriage do today.

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I couldn't agree more. I am extremely disappointed with my state.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I agree. It annoys me that this is a debate everywhere I go. Sometimes, I wish I was straight. Stupid, right.?

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
because some ppl r 2 ignorant 2 evn notice dt its rong(sory 4 dis) nd disgusting

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Alexithymia" wrote:

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"FAVOUR" wrote:

because some ppl r 2 ignorant 2 evn notice dt its rong(sory 4 dis) nd disgusting
If you're going to discuss something, the very least you could do is type so other people can understand you.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"FAVOUR" wrote:

I don't even want to go into this.

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity