Back left
Back right

Advice to You

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

A small boy lived by the ocean. He loved all the creatures of the sea, especially the starfish, and spent much of his time exploring the seashores. One day he learned that there would be a minus tide that would leave the starfish stranded on the sand. The day of the tide he went down to the beach and began picking up the stranded starfish and started tossing them back in the sea. An elderly man who lived next door came to down to the beach to see what he was doing. “I’m saving the starfish.” The boy proudly declared. When the neighbor saw all of the stranded starfish he shook his head and said, “I’m sorry to disappoint you young man, but if the look down the beach one way, there are stranded starfish as far as the eye can see. And if you look the other way, it’s the same. One boy like you isn’t going to make much of a difference.” The boy thought about this for a moment. Then he reached his small hand down to the sand, picked up a starfish, tossed it back into the ocean and said, “I sure made a difference for that one”

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is questionable with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Everyone in the apartment complex where I lived knew who Ugly was. Ugly was the resident tomcat. Ugly loved three things in this world: fighting, eating garbage, and shall we say, love. The combination of these things combined with a life spent outside had their effect on Ugly. To start with, he had only one eye and where the other should have been was a hole. He was also missing his ear on the same side, his left foot appeared to have been badly broken at one time, and had healed at an unnatural angle, making him look like he was always turning the corner. Ugly would have been a dark gray tabby, striped type, except for the sores covering his head, neck and even his shoulders. Every time someone saw Ugly there was the same reaction. "That's one UGLY cat!!!” All the children were warned not to touch him, the adults threw rocks at him, hosed him down, and squirted him when he tried to come in their homes, or shut his paws in the door when he would not leave. Ugly always had the same reaction. If you turned the hose on him, he would stand there, getting soaked until you gave up and quit. If you threw things at him, he would curl his lanky body around your feet in forgiveness. Whenever he spied children, he would come running, meowing frantically and bump his head against their hands, begging for their love. If you picked him up he would immediately begin suckling on your shirt, earrings, whatever he could find. One day Ugly shared his love with the neighbor's huskies. They did not respond kindly, and Ugly was badly mauled. From my apartment I could hear his screams, and I tried to rush to his aid. By the time I got to where he was laying, it was apparent Ugly's sad life was almost at an end. Ugly lay in a wet circle, his back legs and lower back twisted grossly out of shape, a gaping tear in the white strip of fur that ran down his front. As I picked him up and tried to carry him home, I could hear him wheezing and gasping, and could feel him struggling. I must be hurting him terribly, I thought. Then I felt a familiar tugging, sucking sensation on my ear - Ugly, in so much pain, suffering and obviously dying, was trying to suckle my ear. I pulled him closer to me, and he bumped the palm of my hand with his head, then he turned one golden eye towards me, and I could hear the distinct sound of purring. Even in the greatest pain, that ugly battled scarred cat was asking only for a little affection, perhaps some compassion. At that moment I thought Ugly was the most beautiful, loving creature I had ever seen. Never once did he try to bite or scratch me, try to get away from me, or struggle in any way. Ugly just looked up at me completely trusting in me to relieve his pain. Ugly died in my arms before I could get inside, but I sat and held him for a long time afterwards, thinking about how one scarred, deformed little stray could so alter my opinion about what it means to have true pureness of spirit, to love so totally and truly. Ugly taught me more about giving and compassion than a thousand books, lectures, or talk show specials ever could, and for that I will always be thankful. He had been scarred on the outside, but I was scarred on the inside, and it was time for me to move on and learn to love truly and deeply. To give my total to those I cared for. Many people want to be richer, more successful, well liked, beautiful, but for me, I will always try to be Ugly.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I’m sure all of you, each and every one of you have been through something. Life is complicated, who wouldn’t think so? Actors, singers, writers, dancers and everyone else all have trouble breathing at some point in time. It doesn’t matter who you are. The pain you’ve experienced has made your character. Just because the world breaks you down doesn’t mean you have the right to hurt someone else. You’re you for you and no one can change that unless you let them. If you let them it’s saying that you’ve had enough, and most of us can relate. We lose people everyday to suicide. Most people that contribute to the bullying, still continue to rip people apart even when someone takes their life. Isn’t it enough already? Why so much hate towards people you don’t know. Rating someone by a number hurts, it’s pathetic. We’re all the same people. You should stop and think about others before yourself, because actions and words do hurt. We’re not on this earth to judge. At some point in time all the bad choices you’ve made to hurt people will back fire on you. You will experience the pain you’ve put them through and you will understand that what you think of as a ‘joke’ isn’t. What good does it do to drag someone down until they feel like they’re nothing? That’s the point, it doesn’t make anything better for you. It causes them to feel worthless. Consider the words you say. Consider how much insecurities we all feel. Then tell yourself that what you do is okay. Tell yourself that dragging someone under is okay. Tell yourself that causing someone to take their life is okay. It’s not. We all feel pain, no matter who we are or what we’ve been through. It’s there. Instead of making people feel low, why not try the opposite. Tell them they’re beautiful. Tell them they’re worth living and that someone, on this beat up planet loves them for who they are. I know I love all of you. Positive words move mountains, negative words cause them to crumble. We’re all beautiful people. Some of us just choose to show the ugly side. Think about how much people have hurt you. Then turn around and look at how much you can effect people if you treat them with respect and generosity. I don’t care who you are if you have the ability to be there for someone when they need you, you become a hero. You become someone that people are suffering can look up to. Most of all you become someone who makes their day brighter, so that they have the strength to push forward in this cruel, cruel world. So if you ever try to underestimate yourself, don’t. You are a beautiful person inside and out and you have the ability to do anything. Just make sure you keep your head up as well as others around you.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said,"My son, the battle between two wolves is inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

I went to a party,
And remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom
So I had a sprite instead.
I felt proud of myself,
The way you said I would,
That I didn't drink and drive,
Though some friends said I should.
I made a healthy choice,
And your advice to me was right,
The party finally ended,
And the kids drove out of sight.
I got into my car,
Sure to get home in one piece,
I never knew what was coming, Mom
Something I expected least.
Now I'm lying on the pavement,
And I hear the policeman say,
The kid that caused this wreck was dwunk,
Mom, his voice seems far away.
My own blood's all around me,
As I try hard not to cry.
I can hear the paramedic say,
This girl is going to die.
I'm sure the guy had no idea,
While he was flying high,
Because he chose to drink and drive,
Now I would have to die.
So why do people do it, Mom
Knowing that it ruins lives?
And now the pain is cutting me,
Like a hundred stabbing knives.
Tell sister not to be afraid,
Tell daddy to be brave,
And when I go to heaven,
Put Daddy's Girl on my grave.
Someone should have taught him,
That its wrong to drink and drive.
Maybe if his parents had,
I'd still be alive.
My breath is getting shorter, Mom
I'm getting really scared.
These are my final moments,
And I'm so unprepared.
I wish that you could hold me Mom,
As I lie here and die.
I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"
So I love you and good-bye.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Coping with Anxiety:
The first course of treatment  for anxiety is exposure.
1. don't avoid the anxious feelings - confront them.
2. put yourself in situations in which you know you will feel anxious and remind yourself you are capable of coping with these feelings.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Challenge yourself to try new things - always!
Challenge yourself to be social - social skills need to be practised like any other skill.
Keep an open mind!
Build on your strengths and interests.
Think of the reflections of your actions.

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Don't let the littlest of things bother you, find things to do that will make you feel better. Start looking out of a different window, and if you feel as though you're stuck in that deep dark hole and the rope keeps breaking,  perhaps you need to use a chain instead. Though you may tell yourself you're too deep down into that hole, that is not true. Everything is possible, you just have to make it possible. 

Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
    Ranking:

Relaxation skills:
1. While sitting down or laying down make yourself as comfortable as possible/
2. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly - repeat this once.
3. Close your eyes and focus your mind on breathing.
4. Breathe easily and gently with no effort.
5. Breathe in steadily over 3 seconds.
6. As you breathe out steadily, say to yourself, "relax" while letting all your muscles go lose and floppy.
7. Keep repeating this in a 6 second cycle (3 in 3 out) over and over until you find yourself feeling calm and relaxed.