Back left
Back right

How to tell my parents i need glasses?

Celebs cartoon
Posted 27 days ago

Posted By:

Default girl

I noticed it in 6th grade but i could still read everything from the board. Now i'm in 8th grade and i have trouble reading it when I'm not sitting in the front row. I just don't know how i could tell my mom i need glasses. 
The dentist said i need braces 3 months ago and she didn't want me to get them so now I'm not sure how to tell her i also need glasses.
(and sorry for my english I'm german so it's not perfect)

Posted 27 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb

. be straight-foward, say to your mom: "so in 6th grade i had a bit of trouble with my vision. now i can barely read the board unless im in the front row. i was wondering if i could have glasses. i just didnt know how to tell you"

Posted 27 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod

You could try explaining what's been going on to her and asking if you could see an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. It might help to remind her that these are routine exams, like a dentist visit, so it's important to make sure your eyes are healthy. (In fact, they do check more than just whether or not you need glasses.)
If that doesn't work, there might be someone at school such as a teacher or support staff that you could talk to. Some schools have eye testing programs, and others will send information home to parents/give them a call to urge them to get you in for an appointment.

i don't know where i'm going, but i know where i belong.

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Videos
Entertainment
Forum Activity