Back left
Back right

The Catalogue of Planets which are Not Real (Open for Submissions

Celebs cartoon
Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

It says it in the title. THESE PLANETS ARE NOT REAL, nor do I believe they are, nor am I trying to make you believe they are. This is just for fun.

The PNR is a listing of planets that are either unconfirmed, hypothetical, or just plain don't exist.

FAQ: 

What about Planet 9?

I believe Planet 9 exists. I don't believe these planets exist.

Please put submissions in the comments!

Current Entries:

PNR 1 Nibiru

Mass: 2.4 earth

Radius: 1.5 earth

Surface Temperature: 460 K (dayside, closest approach)

Orbital Parameters:

Perihelion: 0.8 AU

Aphelion: 44 AU

This icy planet is twice the size of Earth, yet it behaves like a comet, evaporating slightly at every perihelion. Unlike what conspiracy theorists think, its trajectory does not cross Earth's. Instead, it is on an inclined orbit safely passing by Earth and then getting around as close to the Sun as Venus at perihelion. It cannot be on an orbit encountering Earth, because if it did, it would have happened before and the Earth destroyed.

PNR 2 Tyche 

Mass: 6.8 jupiter

Radius: 1.1 jupiter 

“Surface” Temperature (top of cloud layer): 14 K

Orbital Parameters: 

Perihelion: 0.237 ly 

Aphelion: 0.239 ly

A gas giant orbiting very far away, in the Oort Cloud, partially responsible for stirring comets into the inner Solar System.

PNR 3 Nemesis

Mass: 74 jupiter

Radius: 1.1 jupiter

Effective Temperature: 1600 K

Perihelion: 1.54 ly

Aphelion: 1.57 ly

A brown dwarf partner to the Sun, orbiting beyond the Oort Cloud and nearly in interstellar space. It is often tugged on by close stars like Alpha Centauri, resulting in odd precessions of its orbit.

PNR 4 Vulcan

Mass: 0.01 earth

Radius: 0.28 earth

Surface Temperature (dayside): 930 K

Perihelion: 0.18 AU

Aphelion: 0.21 AU

A small, moon-sized planet orbiting very close to the Sun, closer in than Mercury. It is on an eccentric orbit similar to Mercury but is otherwise just a small little ball of rock.

PNR 5 Planet X

Mass: 44.6 earth

Radius: 6.4 earth

Surface Temperature: 33 K

Perihelion: 30 AU

Aphelion: 49 AU

A Super-Earth that is co-orbital to Pluto, always being on the opposite side of the Sun from it. This planet is responsible for slight perturbation in Neptune's orbit.

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ
¿uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ɟɟnʇs ⅋ sʞuᴉl puǝs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ op ʎɥM

Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Default guy
    Ranking:

BOIMP

ɥʇᴉɯS uɥoſ
¿uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ɟɟnʇs ⅋ sʞuᴉl puǝs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ op ʎɥM