Back left
Back right

Internet Forums are dead

Celebs cartoon
Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
I hate to be the one to say it, but it's true. When I first joined Kidzworld in late 2015, the place was booming. New posts every minute, a plethora of topics, roleplays and forum games to be played. New people to talk to everywhere with different views, ideas and experiences. Before I joined, I'm sure the place was even more active than that.

Obviously, it's changed. The Chatroom only has one person in it at a time, the roleplay forums are the only active threads and they're barely active at all. There will be no posts for days at a time and, when school starts they'll be even more inactive. Not to mention the amount of people aging out.

There was a time where internet forums were the place to be, but that's no longer the case. So, what happened?

Social media happened. Internet users are no longer interested in forums with their outdated format. Why take the time to write out a lengthy post that barely anybody will read anyways? We live in an age of instant gratification, and forums don't suit that. The closest thing we have to a social media/forum hybrid is Reddit (which I don't care for. If I did, I wouldn't be here).

Thinking about this makes me wonder about the future of social media and what it will evolve into next. I believe in the saying that "the old becomes the new", so perhaps we will see a forum renaissance in the future? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions, I'm interested in hearing what members that are still active have to say about this.

900th post 9/5/2016, 7:16am
1,000th post 12/10/2016 3:53pm

Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Admin

We are always open to feedback and new ideas for the forums. Please send them over as we have some changes planned for the forums

Posting in the forums!!

Posted 2 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Junior Mod

I was away for a couple of months due to life things happening and I have to say I’m pretty sad to have come back to dead forums. I was hoping there’d be too much activity to catch up on.

i don't know where i'm going, but i know where i belong.

Posted 25 days ago

Posted By:

Thumb

not all are dead, mostly just kidzworld lol

ad;lskjfasldjfja;ejfdfisdfljcs
oops my cat went on my keyboard