Beyblades Are Back!
Did you ever see or play with Beyblades? Either way you’ll want to get your eyes and hands on this TV series/toy combo that’s about to spin out of control for the second time around.
The company responsible for the famous battling tops, Nelvana, recently announced its commitment to create a brand-new Beyblades program and toy line. The firm will make 51 new episodes of a Beyblades TV series and a revamped line of toys called Beyblades: Metal Fusion.
The award-winning series that originally launched back in 2002 featured characters fighting for ultimate power and dominance with their Beyblades tops against the evil Dark Nebula.
Both the new show and toy line are set to launch in the U.S. in the fall of 2010 and will feature a fresh cast of characters taking on the battle between good and evil.
How To Play Beyblades
The game is pretty simple to play but you’ll need all the separate parts first.
- Put your Beystadium (where the toys fight for power) on a flat surface, preferably close to or right on the ground.
- Count down from three to one, yell “Let it rip!” and spin your Beyblade into the stadium. The person you’re playing against does the same thing at the same time.
- If your opponent’s Beyblade doesn’t land in the stadium you get one point.
- If your opponent’s Beyblade touches yours while you’re launching you get one point.
- Try to keep your Beyblade out of the penalty boxes. After you enter the penalty box three times your opponent gets two points.
- If your top is the last one spinning you get one point.
- If your Beyblade touches the side of the Beystadium your opponent gets three points and the battle has to start again.
- Whichever player gets at least seven points first wins.
- Different Bayblades have different special abilities. For example, if you play your Dragoon Storm Beyblade your opponent MUST launch his Beyblade with the hand he’s not used to using.
- You can even customize your Beyblades by building your own by interchanging parts to create the ultimate warrior. For example, increase the number of blades protruding from your Beyblade for a better chance of knocking your opponent out of the stadium.