Brittany Murphy Biography
Birthdate: November 10, 1977
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Real Name: Brittany Anne Murphy
Brittany Murphy's Start:
When Brittany Murphy was nine, she started acting in local theater productions. When Brittany turned 12 she persuaded her mom to get her a manager and began doing commercials. Brittany Murphy's first TV role was landing a part on the comedy Blossom in 1991.
Brittany Murphy's Breakthrough Role:
Brittany Murphy's first movie role to bring her major attention was Clueless. In the campy comedy Brittany Murphy played Cher's (Alicia Silverstone's) best friend Tai. Unfortunately, Brittany did not reprise her role for the TV show version and the character was not recast.
Brittany Murphy's Chicken Role and More
Brittany Murphy played the disturbed, chicken-obsessed character, Daisy, in Girl, Interrupted with Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie. Brittany has also gone on to play another disturbed mental patient in the spooky flick Don't Say a Word and quirkier, lighter roles in movies like Just Married, with her ex-boyfriend Ashton Kutcher.
Brittany Murphy - Did U Know?
- Brittany Murphy's mom and dad divorced when Brittany was just two.
- Brittany has been the voice of Luanne Platter on the animated series King of the Hill since 1997.
- Brittany Murphy has appeared in ads for The Gap.
- Brittany beat out Courtney Love to play the role of Janis Joplin in a flick called A Piece of My Heart but the project was scrapped over music rights.
- Brittany Murphy's mom, Sharon, is a survivor of breast cancer.
- Brittany constantly sings between movie takes.
- Brittany Murphy stars with Eminem in the flick 8 Mile. The two became good friends.
Brittany Murphy Says...
"I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people."
~ Brittany Murphy on being an actress.
Brittany Murphy died of cardiac arrest on Sunday; her mom found her unconscious in the shower. Attempts to revive her were unsuccessful. She died in hospital at 10:04 a.m. She was 32.
Brittany costarred in Clueless, 8 Mile with Eminem and Girl, Interrupted with Angelina Jolie. She used to date Ashton Kutcher, her costar in Just Married. On Sunday Ashton Tweeted: "see you on the other side kid ... 2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany’s family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."