Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It, Does Anyone Know What Love Is?

Dear Dish-It gives teen advice on love, online dating, sex and relationships.
Teen Dating Advice

Dear Dish-It


Dear Dish-It,

I really like this guy, I met him in a chat room and we've been talking online for ages. He wants to meet me and I want to meet him. I think I love him but he has a girlfriend and he only likes me as a friend. He won't believe me when I say I love him! What should I do?
sexy_capricorn


Dear sexy_capricorn,

Ok, I don't want to freak you out but this sounds like a recipe for disaster. There's a reason there have been after school specials galore on this very topic. Meeting strangers you've met online doesn't always end the way you thought it would. Even if this guy is the coolest guy you've ever met, the risks of meeting him are too great. And you already said this dude's got a GF and only wants to be friends. What's wrong with having an online friendship? The likelihood of this "dream guy" being a 40-year-old perv may be greater than you think. And do you really want to take the chance? Stick to dating boys in-the-flesh. Online romances just spell trouble with a capital "T".


Dear Dish-It,

How do u get a boy to really like you - even love you?
mini-babe


Dear mini-babe,

The key to getting a boy to like you is really quite simple. Just be yourself. This may sound lame but it's true. If you want to find that perfect guy, and fall madly in love, you have to get out there and let all the boys know what a fun, cool girl you are. There's no magic formula or potion to make boys swoon - you're just gonna have to play the dating game like everyone else. Good Luck!


Hey.... I see lots of people on here saying they love other people... but does anyone actually know what love is? Love isn't something that U can say to someone just cuz U went out with them for a week. Love is something that lasts a long time, and is a promise. So... if U just went out with someone for a couple of days... don't say, "I love u," cuz love is a very strong word. Yes this is a guy....
Ur_Phantasy


Thanks for your comments. I don't think that too many people really think about what love actually means. It's one thing to LOVE chocolate and a totally different thing to declare your love to someone you barely know. Kidzworld would like to hear what you all think about this topic. When are you too young to be "in love" and when do you really know if it's more than just a crush? Do you think the words "I love you" are taken seriously enough? with your thoughts and we'll post 'em up!


Love doesn't have an age. If you take time to know someone and they have everything that you are looking for, then you can say that you love them and really mean it.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: lil Q
Age: 14

I think that love is a very special word. You shouldn't say "I love you" to someone when you don't mean it. Some people say that just because they think they have to. Well, I have something to tell those people: Love isn't something you say just to make people happy, it's something that is truly from the heart. It depends though; people can believe in love at first sight just as long as they don't say "I love you" to the boy or girl that they think they love. Love is something that is important to me. I say "I love you" to my boyfriend because he means a lot to me, whenever I go somewhere I miss him, I worry about him, and sometimes I even cry myself to sleep because of him. I think that love sometimes takes control of you. It's not because everyone says "I love you" it doesn't mean you should say "I love you too." Though people say I'm too young to be in love, I don't agree because it's my heart and my mind. I know that this isn't just a crush because everytime someone comes to me just to disrespect my BF I get so mad, and I go on his side. He told me that he'd rather hang out with me than go somewhere that someone like him would want to go. I just love him with all my heart. If I could change one thing in the world it would be to be able to spend all the time I have when I'm not at school with him.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname: KRazeePnay
Age: 12

I have to agree with Ur_Phantasy. Love is not taken serious enough. Love is a promise, like he said, and should not be said after even, a week, of goin' out with someone.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname:thugmisses
Age:14

I have a word of advice. A lot of kids are saying they love each other, then they say they break up. How is that love? Love to me is a lifetime of caring to another person.

Kidz Submit By:

Nickname:Rewind27
Age:14

So, ya gotta burnin' question? Need some love directions? Thinkin' 'bout stuff like depression, sex,how ya feel 'bout YOURSELF (that's called "self-esteem"), boyfriends, girlfriends, losin' old friends, bullyin' or peer pressure, but too scared to ask the parents? Don't be scared to .


Related Stories:
  • Dear Dish-It: Dating - I'm Really Stuck on This Girl
  • Dear Dish-It: Dating - My Crush Doesn't Like Me
  • Dear Dish-It: Dating - How Do I Know If He's Cheating
  • More Great Advice from Dish-It!
  • >
    >

    readers voted!

    Comments

    ILoveTiaan

    ILoveTiaan wrote:

    I Love Tiaan, ok i still like(love) him lots!!! Ok, sorry if i annoy you at school, Ana...
    commented: Tue Jul 01, 2014

    MsAwesome

    MsAwesome wrote:

    By the way if you have a crush on someone at school. It leads to trouble. With the prin...
    commented: Tue Jul 01, 2014

    Luchiniflower

    Luchiniflower wrote:

    Who is this boy
    commented: Wed Jun 11, 2014

    there are 115 more comments

    Please login or register to add comments


    like this article?
    Sign up now to get more just like it!

    latest videos

    F1027551813937

    Who Do You Say I Love You To?

    • Anyone who'll listen.
    • Only my closest friends and my family.
    • The dog I've had since I was three.
    • I don't throw that word around. It'll ruin my punk-kid rep!

    related stories

    Ever see a celeb couple and think that they're totally tight? What about that couple at school wh...

    Dear Dish-It in the forums

    jordand08
    "supernaturalblackcat" wrote:I know i have depession and i have been to the doctor for it. It's starting to get to that point again for the 3rd time this year that i want to be alone. It feels like no one cares about me at school. I really can't trust anybody either. I started to quit eating at home and at school only eating snacks every now and then. I am also losing Weight. I used to get called fat and i wasn't even fat. I have been abused by people who say my butt is smexy and huge and it's not. I have even been slapped on by them. I tell my mom and dad that i've been called fat and my dad ignore's me and continues whatever he's doing. I'm getting to the point again where i'm losing my temper and emotions right on the spot. I can't be bipolar cause it has to run in the family and my mom says i don't have it. People get mad at me when i don't laugh at their jokes when they expect me too cause i really don't listen. But when i say something funny they roll their eyes and give me mean looks. I don't even want to be around people that much. I just want to be outside in the fresh air during school but it's high school so their's no outside time. I also fake smile's at people to make them happy. But i just hurt on the inside. I just want advice.  Hi there. I'm sure you have people who care about you at school, just sometimes it's hard to see it. Dear, you have to eat. I assure you, you're not fat. (smexy isn't necessarily a bad thing)  You have to understand, that people say things just because they can, or to make themselves feel better. Never give them that opportunity, just ignore them. When you're about to lose your temper, think of something that makes you really happy.  If you need someone to talk to, you have your guidance consular, trust me I have social anxiety, and reallly hate talking about my problems, I find it easier for me, to message them. It's their job to listen, but not only that, they really care for all of their students. Talking helps, believe me.
    reply about 10 hours
    jordand08
    "lion2a3" wrote:its beacause well people at shcool act like your friends but know deep inside i just dont have friendsand then theres bullies some picks on me for no the only place i can be myself KW so should i do suidce also im 11 No Ma'am you shouldn't. Things happen for a reason, normally to make others stronger. Trust me, nothing is worth taking your own life. If you need to talk I'm here, however I would suggest you talking to an adult.  Friends come and go. you have family, and if not, you have me, Trust me, it's not worth it. please, don't. 
    reply about 10 hours
    Zachaddy
    Zachaddy posted in Family Issues:
    Erevy one goes through different things trust me I know what it is like and I am not happy about the change in my life but I talk to friends about it
    reply 1 day
    Zachaddy
    Zachaddy posted in Family Issues:
    I might Sean crazy but no there is a explanation for EVERYTHING
    reply 1 day
    Zachaddy
    Zachaddy posted in Family Issues:
    If u need to talk to me u can but u should not kill ur self I am really got at helping people and I love to so if you want to talk u can but please don't kill your self
    reply 1 day

    play online games

    Candy-100

    A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

    Big_icon_(7)

    Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

    Big_icon_(4)

    You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

    Big_icon_(6)

    The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

    Ow_fright_ad_100x100

    Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...