Patrick Kane Bio
Born:November 19, 1988
Patrick Timothy Jr. Kane
”Baby-Face”Patrick Kane is currently the best American hockey player in the NHL. Not only is he an amazing hockey player, but he also has Top-Model looks and personality of a generous and humble kid-at-heart.
Patrick grew up in Buffalo, and had a very supportive family to help him get better at hockey. His dad even built him an indoor hockey room with a real hockey net and boards so he could practice his shot. Patrick became so good that at the age of 14, he moved to Detroit to play three seasons in the Midwest Elite Hockey League. He lived with Pat Verbeek, then an N.H.L. player.
Patrick is now a slick-skating and high-scoring right wing for the Chicago Blackhawks. He was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NHL draft, one of only three American players taken No. 1 since 1995. He quickly became the savior of the slumping and almost bankrupt Blackhawks, winning the Calder Trophy as the league’s rookie of the year in 2007-8. The Blackhawks were able to finish above .500 for the first time in 6 seasons.
Patrick has now blossomed into one of the biggest stars in the NHL. It is obvious that he has made a huge impact in Chicago as the Blackhawks are now a favorite to win the Stanley Cup every season. The question now is when will Patrick be able to bring the Cup back to Chicago who hasn’t seen a Stanley Cup almost 50 years… the longest Cup drought for any team in the NHL.
Did U Know?
- Patrick is 5'10" tall and weighs 170 pounds.
- Patrick’s nickname is Buzz
- Patrick’s favorite cereal is Frosted Flakes
- Patrick loves vanilla ice cream
- There is an old poster of Buffalo Sabre Pat Lafontaine and Patrick (about 5 years old) is in the background watching the game sitting on his dad’s lap
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis gave teenager-Patrick his hockey stick, and Patrick then gave it to another boy who was in a wheelchair
- Patrick was so good in Pee Wee that parents asked him to go play somewhere else so their children wouldn’t look so bad.
- Patrick has three sisters that would only play hockey with Patrick if he played Barbie dolls with them.
- NHL Playoffs 2010: Stanley Cup Final
- American's Men Hockey: No Longer A Miracle
- NHL Playoffs 2010: Semi-Finals
- NHL Hockey Hall of Fame Game