American Brett Banasiewicz landed the “Cash Roll” and he takes out World Champ Daniel Dhers for 1st place at the BMX Masters in Germany. The “Cash Roll” has never been landed in BMX competition but Brett pulled it off making him the undisputed champion of the World in BMX biking.
Cash Roll Explained
The “Cash Roll” is probably the newest, sickest trick in the BMX Freestyle Event. It’s so sick, it makes you confused when you watch it… then you get sick. The trick explained is something like a 180 to a 180 in a backflip. So it’s like a 360 but because of the backflip, it looks like the turn reverses itself. You have to see it to believe it.
No Risk No Reward
Everyone knows that Daniel was the guy who actually invented the “Cash Roll”, so it was really ironic when 15-year-old Brett landed it to put him over the top and beat Daniel at the Masters. It’s such a difficult trick, Daniel didn’t try to perform it in his routine with the risk of falling. That gave Brett the opportunity and he cashed in.
Out of the 400 riders, Brett got a huge chunk of the 20,000 Euro in prize money. Here is the list of other 1st place winners:
- Adam Kun of Hungary won the Pro Flat Finals
- Matthias Dandois of France won the Best Combo Contest
- TJ Ellis of the USA won the Dirt Finals by busting out a perfect Tailwhip Frontflip
- Alex Coleborn of England won the Super Ramp with a 900 Air and a stunning Flair to Footjam on the sub box
Ready for Europe
The BMX Masters is the biggest BMX event in Europe. The event is a lot of fun with tons of parties and sponsorship prizes. It might be a really cool event to check out if you want a good excuse to go to travel to Europe.
- 2010 X Games Asia
- BMX Summer Sessions: Attention All Boarders, Bikers & More
- Skateboarding - How To Get Sponsored
- 2008 Winter X Games