x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Dear Dish-It Hall of Shame | Stair Scare

Kidzworld’s Hall of Shame is back – and better than ever! We’re inviting all Kidzworld Members to submit your most embarrassing, hideous, mortifying, turn-your-face-red moment of all time – you know, the stuff you thought you’d never live down but are now ready to talk about in public!

Each and every week, we’ll pick the Most Mortifying Moments and induct them into the Hall of Shame by including them in a weekly round-up story. Here are the best-of-the-best embarrassing moments for the week – congrats to all our new Hall of Shamers!

Stair ScareStair Scare

Psst: To submit YOUR Hall of Shame moment, check out our step-by-step instructions at the very end of this story …

Bra Flaw

Submitted by: Bra Flash!
Me and my friends were sitting in the grass on the field at lunch. Three of us were boys: Christian, Orry and Tyler. Two of us were girls: me and my friend Natalie. I was laying on my stomach, my legs crossed in the air, and my chin resting in my hands. It was a pretty windy day. Suddenly, a big gust of wind blew over me, lifting up my shirt and revealing my heart-patterned bra! But here’s the thing: I didn’t think my shirt lifted up that high! But when Orry said: "Oh no! Bra flash!" and covered his eyes, I sat up. "Ohmigod," I said, laughing it off. Christian, my crush, was smiling, but laughing softly (he’s a shy guy). Tyler liked me, so it was really awkward for him to see my bra! Orry was laughing hysterically, along with Natalie. “Did everyone see that?” I asked. They all nodded. Luckily, I was saved by the lunch bell signaling lunch was over. We all walked back to class, but Natalie and I took a different way than the boys did. When we got to class, we told my other friend, Elena. She couldn’t handle it, and burst out laughing. Unfortunately, a really annoying boy that I used to like was standing there, and I don’t know how many of his friends he told about my bra flash!

Spot Caught

Submitted by: Period Problems
It was my first time going to school while having my period and I hadn't adjusted the pad right, apparently. Thank goodness I had black pants on! At the bus stop some kids were whispering about something, but I just let it blow over. I realized after the day was half over that I had a big red stain on the back of my pants! If any other kids had noticed, they didn't say anything. I wanted to crawl under a rock.

Stair Scare

Submitted by: ariel202
I was walking down the stairs at school and I slipped in front of everybody. They all started laughing. My eyes got all watery and my makeup got smudged because of the tears! It hurt! They were cement stairs!

Late Date

Submitted by: Hespera1235
My friends said I should go out with this guy at school who apparently liked me. But I’d never seen him before so I was really nervous when we decided I would meet him on Tuesday at lunch. At least, that’s what I thought the plan was. On Monday I came to school without even brushing my hair because I almost missed the bus. I looked awful. When I went to our lunch table this super-cute guy was there and I realized I was supposed to meet my crush today! And since I’m a straight-A student, my friends never let me live it down! I learned a very valuable lesson that day: USE UR PLANNER!

Bail Tale

Submitted by: Spoiledprincess222
I’d been crushin’ on this guy ever since 1st grade. When we finally met again after seven or eight years, I went over to talk to him and I tripped right in front of him!

Run Around

Submitted by: Soren Rose
I was in English class and my friends and I were working together. My teacher's aide called me to her desk, so I walked quickly up to her. Suddenly, I tripped over a really annoying boy named Sean that I used to like, landed on the carpet and slid on my face! My cheeks turned bright red and I was afraid to get up and face everyone, especially Sean. When I finally did, Sean looked down on me, and said, "You shouldn't run in class, Bailey." I was sooo humiliated! First of all, I wasn’t really running, and second, I tripped over him so HE should say sorry! My teacher's aide scolded him, and he looked at me and said glumly, "Sorry, Bailey." But I still saw a smirk as he walked away. My friends laughed sympathetically about it, but my clumsiness scars me to this day!

Good Sport

Submitted by: thevett
We were in gym class playing lacrosse, and I tripped over my own foot and, like, tackled the guy I liked! He was not happy! But we wound up going out about a month later, so it wasn’t that bad!

Stunt Funk

Submitted by: Tyson.Xtreme
I told my best buddy that I could skate between two cars. But when I tried the stunt I fell into a sewer and got all stinky. The smell did not go away for a whole week. Yuck!

Gas in Class

Submitted by: BriannaBizarre
When I was in a meeting for Scholarship Club, the kid I liked sat down next to me. I instantly got incredibly uncomfortable and I kept moving around and fidgeting. It looked like I had gas and everybody was laughing at me because my face was so red.

Nail Fail

Submitted by: raymi100
I was at a sleepover with a few of my friends: Rachel, Luna and Kayla. We were giving each other manicures when suddenly, while Rachel was painting my nails, she knocked over a cup of water that was right next to me and my pants got soaked! Not only did it look like I wet myself, she messed up my manicure, too! It was so embarrassing!

Drill Thrill

Submitted by: gracieann12
When I was in Grade 2 my friend Garret was walking behind me on the way to a fire drill when we both slipped and … he accidentally kissed me!

Think YOU can out-embarrass these Hall of Shamers??? Here’s how to submit your Hall of Shame moment to us (make sure you follow these steps carefully, or your message might get missed):

1. Go to the Dear Dish-it web form
  2. Type in your secret nickname
  3. Make sure you type HALL OF SHAME in the subject line
  4. Type out your hall of Shame moment - be as detailed as possible for a better chance of making the weekly top 10!
  5. Click on the Send Question button and you’re done!

Be sure to watch weekly to see if your moment made the Hall of Shame Top 10 list!

Related Stories

10 Comments

Related Stories

Micro pee micro
Kidzworld’s Dear Dish-It Hall of Shame is back and better than ever! Read all about the turn-your...
Micro drool micro
Micro shame micro

Hall of Shame - Pick the Winner!

• Getting caught singing the Frosted Flakes song.
  • Getting caught by your crush singing a goofy song.
  • Losing your tankini in front of your BF's friends.
  • Having people think you said you like a dorky guy.

Dear Dish-It In The Forums

Wonderfulcalico
My parents have always been aggressive and abusive and I only just noticed it a couple months ago. Over time they've gotten worse (specifically my mother). Whenever she gets mad she'll yell at us and if she gets mad enough she'll hit and push us around. Whoever we get into arguments it's always one- sided and she always wins, even if she knows she is wrong. An argument we had not to long ago was about me not taking care of myself. She looked at my hair and started to touch it and told me "Your hair isn't soft why is it so dry, it's probably because you aren't taking care of your hair." Then she goes on to tell me that she's going to cut it and all of this other stuff when she knows I'm conscious about me looking like a boy ( Used to get called a boy for having short hair). As the argument goes on, I start to tell her things that she knows she is wrong about. She proceeds to yell at me then grabs me by the face and say "If you don't lower your tone and listen to what I'm saying I'm going to knock you in the head." Then she goes on to tell me she remembers nothing I was saying and that it's a lie. She also hit me when I didn't clean the laundry room correctly and whenever she gets fed up. I'm constantly having to watch what I say and do, because I'm scared that I'm going to end up hurt. She also likes to degrade me and tell how bad I'm doing. She's said plenty of thing like when I didn't have my bed covers tucked in she yelled at me and hit me and I said "Do you expect me to just stand here and take this", and she replied saying "That's what you are supposed to do you are the child and I am the adult, you take whatever I do until I'm done." Another time is when I had my band concert and I had to pick out the right attire. When we went shopping to get the clothing I chose slacks when she liked a skirt better, we went on to fight in the store and she bought the slacks. When we got home she said to me that real girls wear skirts and dresses and boys wear slacks and pants. This hurt me because she knows I have a past with people telling me I look like a boy etc. Another time I started to sleep on the floor, because I was practicing a minimalist life. When I left my pillows on the floor she found it and questioned me on why they were there. I told her it fell of my bed when really I left it there. Later when I told my dad, he told her and she got mad because I was getting cat hair on my pillows. She then proceeded to ask why I lied and I told her sometimes lying is better then the truth (I knew she would get mad that I was sleeping on the floor so I lied) then she told me that I was never going to have a relationship, a job, or friends ( This hurt me because I don't have friends now). She's also said that I don't take care of my body because I ate two sweets in one day which lead her to banning me from Doritos and now I have to ask to get chips and any other snack. She's told me I don't take care of my teeth because I have yellow spots from using whitening toothpaste with braces on. She's told me I don't take care of my hair so I can't wash it or do any hair style or then a bun. She had lead me to starving myself (Unless she makes me eat) and cutting myself. I've just stopped caring, because what ever I do is always wrong. I never get a choice in my activities, she controls my life in fact she me just in a different body. But what is even worse is that she's turning my dad into her. Now I have a scheduled time to eat breakfast and lunch, and to go onto my electronics. I feel like I'm in a prison with my parents constantly watching over me, in fact yesterday when I was pouring my milk my mom got out a measuring cup and poured my milk into the measuring cup and said "Why isn't this a full cup" and I replied saying "Because I don't measure my milk." Then she got angry at me. There's so much I could say about her, but I'll stop. Anyways my father is always sarcastic and he doesn't realize how much it hurts me. Today I was cleaning out my bag for next school year and my dad came in and said, "Wow, you aren't even dress yet and I had to come up here to tell you how sad." Just little things like that hurt me. My little sister got mad at me last week for sitting in a certain area and she said " Why are you sitting there," and I didn't reply because I didn't want to speak to her and she then said, "Probably because you are too stupid to answer." I wanted to break down crying then and there, but I kept it in. I've limited my talking to her, because all she does is break me down. Like when there was a Proactive commercial and she said, "Ha, you need that." That hurt me because just the other my mom was telling me how I don't take care of my face and that's why I have acne. My older sister and I barely talk, because whenever I try to talk to her she's mad for what ever reason and when my parents were talking about hitting my sister she was in the corner laughing. My cat Preston is very young and I got hi,abo a year ago. I get very sad and often cry, because I've seen him turn out scared and aggressive just like me because he's been through what I have. One time he pooped in a clothes basket (It's right next to his litter box) my mom grabbed him by the neck and hit him while she smothered his face in his poop, all while yelling at him. I was going to call the Animal Protective Services, but I got too scared and I realized how lonely I would be. Please help me I'm not sure what to do anymore. Also sorry for the very long post!
reply 2 days
Error101
Error101 posted in Family Issues:
Dear Kkmr324, I hope you get to feeling better as time goes on.  It does get better but like you said you can't actually get over it.  Losing someone to cancer is awful and I have never lost a friend and I hope I never will and I am so sorry that you did, but I have lost family to cancer and it is horrible.  I hope your okay. :(
reply 3 days
Kkrmr324
Kkrmr324 posted in Family Issues:
A few months ago,my friend Kendall died of cancer. It was really hard to "get over it"; because really you dont just get over it. One thing i did was find a bunch of pictures of me and Kendall and remembered all the fun we had together. And it helped! I still miss her, but good friends and family helped with that.
reply 6 days
Kkrmr324
Kkrmr324 posted in Family Issues:
reply 6 days
Tennis123
why are you allowing that to control your happiness? why can't you have true happiness instead of chasing some dream for momentary satisfaction? You're 12. This is when your core beliefs, values, and outlooks on life start. Don't mess it up choosing to be sad over something like that.
reply 6 days